Sapphire Princess 3-21 to 3-28

ladypalmtree

:)We had a great time. I wrote a review under the review section and it is not up yet. Anybody have questions? We were in a lovely PH Suite on Caribe deck. We ate at Sabatin's a few times and enjoyed the chef's table. Feel free to ask questions..LPT:)

How was the temperature in Mexico? Do they crank up the AC on the ship? We are leaving next week and I am trying to figure out what type of clothing to take. Thanks in advance and I'll look for your review.

RaMar..Mexico was lovely..actually warm and we got a lot of sun. Too much! We burned at Melia the all inclusive beach trip through Princess. Mazatlan was warm and Cabo was really nice. Again we burned on the whale watching trip. I found the ship to be rather warm. I run hot! I never had to wear a sweater. DD and DH were never cold except the first sea day and the morning of the last sea day. Hard to fathom that it is over after all that planning. LPT:cool:

DD packed a couple of sweat shirts and wore them after dinner on the deck etc. DH actually was really warm in his suit on the two formal nights and changed right after dinner. I never wore long sleeves! So be prepared for a bit of cool weather, but pack mostly for warm! Enjoy your cruise...I love the Sapphire~ LPT:)

RaMar, See that would kill me. I am the Queen of overpacking! We live about forty minutes from the port of LA. We have taken this trip five years in a row. We had nine checked bags and several carry ons for the three of us. Heck for an overnight trip I take a rolling airplane sized bag. DD and I may take a few days and fly to Mexico this summer for an all inclusive. It might not be so bad, as we will not have to have formal wear and dress for dinner each night. Hey....go start packing! lol..LPT:D

RaMar, See that would kill me. I am the Queen of overpacking! We live about forty minutes from the port of LA. We have taken this trip five years in a row. We had nine checked bags and several carry ons for the three of us. Heck for an overnight trip I take a rolling airplane sized bag. DD and I may take a few days and fly to Mexico this summer for an all inclusive. It might not be so bad, as we will not have to have formal wear and dress for dinner each night. Hey....go start packing! lol..LPT:D

I used to overpack as well. For this cruise we have to be careful because the airlines are so strict. As is, they'll probably charge me $50 for the second bag. I have to call them today to find out exactly how much they charge. You are sooo.. lucky to live so close to the port.

Yes being in So. Cal we are pretty lucky. Also my dd (16) is a very nervous flyer...So it works out for her. I am taking her to Reno in June...and maybe Mexico this summer..So she will have to get over it. She will fly..just leaves an imprint from her nails in my arm that last for a week. I love to fly. Dh just wants to be there..Hates the wait at the airports...anyway, have a great relaxing time. Good luck with the luggage..LPT:cool:

I used to overpack as well. For this cruise we have to be careful because the airlines are so strict. As is, they'll probably charge me $50 for the second bag. I have to call them today to find out exactly how much they charge. You are sooo.. lucky to live so close to the port.

Hey, I say take what you want and pay the extra $50 if necessary, no sweat. Just part of the cost of the cruise. For me, at least, it's as much fun having the clothes you want on the cruise with you as doing some other splurge on ship!!:D

I agree, a girl has to have options. I know I do! LPT:rolleyes:

Hey LPT! Any details about the suite itself? Also see you said you took 9 bags.....we only received 6 luggage tags, will they give us more at the port?

We got twelve luggage tags in the mail. I put some of the details of the suite on my review. It has not yet been posted. The bathroom was amazing. Lots of room on the living and bed sections and two sliders to the balcony which was the size of two regular balcony's. There is a drapery that can be drawn between the living and bed area. We had a jacuzi bath and seperate large glass shower. The comode and sink were in another doored off area. We had a walk in closet with a door. Lots of drawer and cubby space. Nice wet bar set up. Fridge...fresh flowers. Canapes every night. Corsages on the first formal night. We has two large bowls of fruit delivered during the week. Breakfast was available in Sabatini's. LPT:rolleyes:

We got twelve luggage tags in the mail. I put some of the details of the suite on my review. It has not yet been posted. The bathroom was amazing. Lots of room on the living and bed sections and two sliders to the balcony which was the size of two regular balcony's. There is a drapery that can be drawn between the living and bed area. We had a jacuzi bath and seperate large glass shower. The comode and sink were in another doored off area. We had a walk in closet with a door. Lots of drawer and cubby space. Nice wet bar set up. Fridge...fresh flowers. Canapes every night. Corsages on the first formal night. We has two large bowls of fruit delivered during the week. Breakfast was available in Sabatini's. LPT:rolleyes:

That sounds like a dream vacation!

So glad to hear that your cruise was so nice....we'll be on the Sapphire on April 18th.

How does the ship look? Is she showing any wear and, are they keeping her looking as good as she did in November, when we were on her last?

And, I love living close to the dock (we drive for 45 minutes) and, can also bring as much luggage, etc., as we like!

Thanks LPT

We will be on her April 18 also did it last year on the Golden.

12 bags!:eek: Cost a bunch to fly them now for us and remember it is round trip.

Whale watching, did you see any? I would have thought they would have stopped running by now.

Youngest son and wife will doing this cruise also as they did last year. Short drive for them from Ontario. We have to come a day early.:mad:

Jack

for the very lovely

gertz, we could not do all the bags if we were flying..nine were checked. We did see whales, check out my review on the review link. We love the Sapphire and probably will be crusing her again..same trip...will be the sixth six years ..Lord Willing...LPT

LPT

Thought it was getting about to the end for Whales. Last year in Feb. they were every place, you didn't need to do a tour.

Just got back from the gym and did read your review and enjoyed it.

We were going to do the Chef's Table but with son and his wife with us and they were with us last year also and we have such a great time with them we decided to hold off until August when we are doing Alaska again on the Island.;)

We did take GD 13 to Alaska two years ago on the Coral and we consider it to be the most wonderful cruise we have ever done because she had and absolutely wonderful time and we saw it through her eyes.:)

Did you notice on the reviews for on 3/9 every one gave dining a 5 and you a + except for one and they gave it a 2 because of one little incident that should have been overlooked, forgotten and just enjoy the cruise IMHO. It was also in a thread she started. Cruising is fun and we are looking forward to a whole bunch more.:cool:

Appreciate the review,

Jack

for the lovely

Jack, Thank you! I appreciate all the reviews. It gives me another (pair of eyes) to the cruise. We all like something different, and we may encounter something great..or not so great. We only encounterd great staff. I am sure there are some not so wonderful staff onboard. Somebody may be having a really bad day etc. We love Princess and the Sapphire and plan to cruise her again next Spring. I would love to do Alaska with my husband in a couple of years with no kids!:eek: I have forgotten after 23 and a half years of having my girls what that is like. lol! Enjoy all your cruises. We are all truly blessed to be able to partake of these wonderful vacations! LPT:rolleyes:

Jack, Thank you! I appreciate all the reviews. It gives me another (pair of eyes) to the cruise. We all like something different, and we may encounter something great..or not so great. We only encounterd great staff. I am sure there are some not so wonderful staff onboard. Somebody may be having a really bad day etc. We love Princess and the Sapphire and plan to cruise her again next Spring. I would love to do Alaska with my husband in a couple of years with no kids!:eek: I have forgotten after 23 and a half years of having my girls what that is like. lol! Enjoy all your cruises. We are all truly blessed to be able to partake of these wonderful vacations! LPT:rolleyes:

LPT, was there anything you wish you would have brought from home? Meaning, was the suite lacking anything? Any specifics?

JoJO..we brought a bathroom freshner one of the glade solids. There is alway some kind of odor from those comodes. We did not need our power cord. There were plenty of outlets. We always bring our over the door shoe thing for all the stuff we bring. It did not fit over the door. It did fit over the glass shower door. Keeps the room neat and tidy! My daughter brought dvd's to watch. The only thing I really miss when crusing is my animals and my jacuzi tub. This time the tub on the cruise was even nicer than the one at home..So we just missed the critters..Have fun! LPT:)

Archived