Sapphire Princess 3-21 to 3-28

ladypalmtree

RaMar, See that would kill me. I am the Queen of overpacking! We live about forty minutes from the port of LA. We have taken this trip five years in a row. We had nine checked bags and several carry ons for the three of us. Heck for an overnight trip I take a rolling airplane sized bag. DD and I may take a few days and fly to Mexico this summer for an all inclusive. It might not be so bad, as we will not have to have formal wear and dress for dinner each night. Hey....go start packing! lol..LPT:D

I am finally taking a cruise that's not heading to Mexico. We have done the drive to port and sail to Mexico a lot. We are doing Alaska, so we are flying out of Long beach to Seattle Seattle. Also, we are heading to Playa del Carmen in June. We saw Chichen Itza and Tulum Ruins last summer. The area is wonderful and the resorts stunning, with top shelf liquor included:p. Packing is easier but at the restaurants, things do get fancy, or at least me. So many gowns, so little opportunity to wear them:D

JoJO..we brought a bathroom freshner one of the glade solids. There is alway some kind of odor from those comodes. We did not need our power cord. There were plenty of outlets. We always bring our over the door shoe thing for all the stuff we bring. It did not fit over the door. It did fit over the glass shower door. Keeps the room neat and tidy! My daughter brought dvd's to watch. The only thing I really miss when crusing is my animals and my jacuzi tub. This time the tub on the cruise was even nicer than the one at home..So we just missed the critters..Have fun! LPT:)

Does it smell like a sewer?

• 7 months later...
RaMar..Mexico was lovely..actually warm and we got a lot of sun. Too much! We burned at Melia the all inclusive beach trip through Princess. Mazatlan was warm and Cabo was really nice. Again we burned on the whale watching trip. I found the ship to be rather warm. I run hot! I never had to wear a sweater. DD and DH were never cold except the first sea day and the morning of the last sea day. Hard to fathom that it is over after all that planning. LPT:cool:

We will be on a cruise in mid January and very interested in Cabo whale watching and would like any details you may offer. :pWhat guide did you use and info to contact him? Did he take you out in a larger boat then transfer you to a Zodiac? How long did the tour last? Is mid January a little early to see whales? How far offshore were the whales?

Archived