I would really like to know....

FlaKrznNubie

...why there seem to be so many repetative answers, one after another, in answer to an OP's question.

In other words 8 posters will each answer the question with generally the same answer, one post after another after another.

Is is possible that many posters only take time to read the OP's question, then hit the quote button and post an answer without reading the other posts in the thread ? :confused:

I always try to read the posts first to see if I have any information to add which hasn't already been posted, over and over, sometimes.

...why there seem to be so many repetative answers, one after another, in answer to an OP's question.

In other words 8 posters will each answer the question with generally the same answer, one post after another after another.

Is is possible that many posters only take time to read the OP's question, then hit the quote button and post an answer without reading the other posts in the thread ? :confused:

I always try to read the posts first to see if I have any information to add which hasn't already been posted, over and over, sometimes.

All post prior to mine are all wrong, even thou they all say the same as what I write they are all incorrect. :D

So I would skip the first 30 answers and read mine.

Fred

When I post a question, I like several responses even if many are the same. It shows a consensus.

Check the posting times, often you will see that the were all posted around the same time.

The other answers may not have been there when a poster opened the thread.

You should see a board where all responses are moderated. Sometimes you get 30 answers that are the same.

LMAO, this is so true. I think the board has an echo. Nothing like taking your time to compose an answer, even doing some fact checking, submitting the reply and then 10 minutes later someone else posts the same thing with no new information. Priceless. Sort of like being ignored.

In some cases, some of the posts are being done at the same time. So they do not know the question has been answered yet.

As another has said, to see the same answer helps to validate the answer. There are a number of times where I have read a dozen replies and have seen several different answers to the same question. So it may seem repeatious and time consuming to read the same answer more then once but I am glad to know that others will answer even when their reply is the same as what was posted before.

LMAO, this is so true. I think the board has an echo. Nothing like taking your time to compose an answer, even doing some fact checking, submitting the reply and then 10 minutes later someone else posts the same thing with no new information. Priceless. Sort of like being ignored.

;)

I would rather see multiple correct answers to a question than one incorrect answer that is never addressed. That happens often on some of the other cruise message boards.

So a newbie will ask a question there get one response, assume its correct and might not find out the true answer until they board the ship.

i would rather see multiple correct answers to a question than one incorrect answer that is never addressed. That happens often on some of the other cruise message boards.

So a newbie will ask a question there get one response, assume its correct and might not find out the true answer until they board the ship.

:D ditto :D

All post prior to mine are all wrong, even thou they all say the same as what I write they are all incorrect. :DFred

All post prior to mine are all wrong, even thou they all say the same as what I write they are all incorrect.:D

Are you trying to answer my question with subtlety here ? :rolleyes:

LMAO, this is so true. I think the board has an echo. Nothing like taking your time to compose an answer, even doing some fact checking, submitting the reply and then 10 minutes later someone else posts the same thing with no new information. Priceless. Sort of like being ignored. ;):D:p

LMAO, this is so true. I think the board has an echo. Nothing like taking your time to compose an answer, even doing some fact checking, submitting the reply and then 10 minutes later someone else posts the same thing with no new information. Priceless. Sort of like being ignored. ;):D:p

Now had I read the entire thread first, I would have seen that I was beaten to the act of plagiarism in this thread:).

I've posted a mirror response several times at the exact same posting time as someone else. Did someone already mention that? :D

I think some do it just to get their post counts up. Some people think that a high post count is something to brag about. ;)

I believe some dont read the complete thread before posting, esp when the OP asks for advice, comes back to say they made their decision or even already went on their cruise and weeks later there are still posts giving their advice on what to do. Too funny:D

I would rather see multiple correct answers to a question than one incorrect answer that is never addressed. That happens often on some of the other cruise message boards.

lolz at this entire thread :D

Archived