I would really like to know....

FlaKrznNubie

...why there seem to be so many repetative answers, one after another, in answer to an OP's question.

In other words 8 posters will each answer the question with generally the same answer, one post after another after another.

Is is possible that many posters only take time to read the OP's question, then hit the quote button and post an answer without reading the other posts in the thread ? :confused:

I always try to read the posts first to see if I have any information to add which hasn't already been posted, over and over, sometimes.

In some cases, some of the posts are being done at the same time. So they do not know the question has been answered yet.

As another has said, to see the same answer helps to validate the answer. There are a number of times where I have read a dozen replies and have seen several different answers to the same question. So it may seem repeatious and time consuming to read the same answer more then once but I am glad to know that others will answer even when their reply is the same as what was posted before

Could be directly related to the cosmic mystery that is the same questions being asked over and over on the same board...most of which start with, "I know this has probably been asked and answered before, BUT...." LOL ;)

Although I do concur that I like getting confirmation from several sources on any questions I'd have.

All post prior to mine are all wrong, even thou they all say the same as what I write they are all incorrect. :D

So I would skip the first 30 answers and read mine.

Fred

LOL! Funny, I was thinking the same thing about mine. Oh well, I'll cave to your superior knowledge, Fred. I know when I'm defeated. :D

While I think this is a good question, here is what I would like to know...

This is a 2 part question

How many posters does it take to tell people to use the search thread?

This is the million dollar question

When will people ACTUALLY use the search thread?

A lot of times Im watching tv and typing slow and there are no other posts showing while Im typing a answer .... then I click submit and ooops there are 4 posts before mine.

Look at the times, if they are close together, that could also be why so many posted the same answer.

..... what you need to worry about more is if the answers dont agree, lol!!! :D

It's what I like to call post padding or padding your posts (did i just say padding your posts?)haha ok sorry. Anyway alot of folks are looking for that 10,000th.....15,000th.......and the all mighty 100,000th :D

Oh and some just like to see their countdown clocks ummm countdown-

I did not read further than yours so I hope nobody already wrote this dang! :eek:

In some cases, some of the posts are being done at the same time. So they do not know the question has been answered yet.

As another has said, to see the same answer helps to validate the answer. There are a number of times where I have read a dozen replies and have seen several different answers to the same question. So it may seem repeatious and time consuming to read the same answer more then once but I am glad to know that others will answer even when their reply is the same as what was posted before.

As another has said, to see the same answer helps to validate the answer. There are a number of times where I have read a dozen replies and have seen several different answers to the same question. So it may seem repeatious and time consuming to read the same answer more then once but I am glad to know that others will answer even when their reply is the same as what was posted before

Even better when your post is copied and reposted. :(:confused::) Spelling errors and all.

I, summer08bride, acknowledge that the following answer is echoing other responses to this OP. ;)

I like reading multiple repetitive answers because it shows a consensus. I am a newbie to cruising and if multiple experiences cruisers agree, I feel more comfortable that I have found the correct answer. One can never be sure, but it becomes more likely.

However, answers usually differ somewhat - and even if they don't they may add something new (like seeing the poster's signature, which might indicate they sailed twice on a ship you are considering, or something else that might be useful for an unrelated reason)

Well first there is the right answer.

And then you have a few wrong answers.

Throw in a few facts that have absolutely nothing to do with the question.

Followed by some arguing back and forth over who is right and who is wrong.

So it is quite necessary to have multiple answers so you have a good chance of guessing which is the correct response.:)

...why there seem to be so many repetative answers, one after another, in answer to an OP's question.

In other words 8 posters will each answer the question with generally the same answer, one post after another after another.

Is is possible that many posters only take time to read the OP's question, then hit the quote button and post an answer without reading the other posts in the thread ? :confused:

I always try to read the posts first to see if I have any information to add which hasn't already been posted, over and over, sometimes.

It's better than:

• repetitive threads asking the same questions over and over.
  • no answer at all

:D

Well first there is the right answer.

And then you have a few wrong answers.

Throw in a few facts that have absolutely nothing to do with the question.

Followed by some arguing back and forth over who is right and who is wrong.

So it is quite necessary to have multiple answers so you have a good chance of guessing which is the correct response.:)

Very good !

If you like the arguing back and forth, just read any of the "passport" threads. They seem to generate the most responses...

Back & forth & back & forth...... :rolleyes:

All post prior to mine are all wrong, even thou they all say the same as what I write they are all incorrect. :D

So I would skip the first 30 answers and read mine.

Fred

I would also recommend skipping the first 30 answers and reading Fred's.

Archived