Yellow Fever Certificate for Panama

Sominex

We don't need a Yellow Fever Shot for Panama but my sister was told by her Dr. to get the following:

Certificate of Medical Contraindication to Vaccination” form, with regards to the Yellow Fever shot, and why we didn’t receive them. We are to place the card in our passports. He did this as apparently some countries, when they see Panama stamped in your passport, will not let you into the country without either this card or proof of the Yellow Fever shot.

Has anyone had one of these or had trouble getting into Panama without one; I've never heard of this myself???

Thanks,

SOM

No need for that form if traveling to Panama as a port stop on a cruise.

I've not heard of that form before but don't doubt that there is one. If I'm reading your post currectly it says that if some countries see Panama stamped on your passport that they may want to know that you've either had the Yellow Fever shot or this form. Travel via cruiseship with a stop in Panama your passport will NOT be stamped as having visited Panama so no courtries that you should ever visit on a land trip in the future that might require this form will ever be aware that you once stopped in Panama while cruising.

Hope you enjoy your Panama Canal cruise as much as we did ours!:)

We don't need a Yellow Fever Shot for Panama but my sister was told by her Dr. to get the following:

Certificate of Medical Contraindication to Vaccination” form, with regards to the Yellow Fever shot, and why we didn’t receive them. We are to place the card in our passports. He did this as apparently some countries, when they see Panama stamped in your passport, will not let you into the country without either this card or proof of the Yellow Fever shot.

Has anyone had one of these or had trouble getting into Panama without one; I've never heard of this myself???

Thanks,

SOM

DM & I got these Certificates from our travel clinic because we will be cruising in Columbia before passing through the Panama Canal to countries without yellow fever. If you are over 60 or allergic to ingredients in the vaccine, you should get this waiver. Ours were free.

Archived