Butchart Gardens in May

We'll have a day in Victoria in mid-may and I'm wondering if Butchart Gardens is worth seeing this early in the year. Thanks.

The weather has been cooler in Victoria this spring and many of our spring blossoms are late.

I have not been to the Gardens in May but will ask some friends what is planted at that time of the year.

There are many people I know in Victoria who go to the Gardens throughout the year as the Gardens are constantly changing.

If you really want to see Butchart Gardens I would say go.

The gardens are of a quality that people come from all over the world to see them. So yes they are very much worth seeing when in Victoria. Even though it has been a cold winter and a cool spring so far by mid-May thru early June the gardens will have caught up and should be beautiful.:)

Just talked to a lady in our RV park in Houston, Tx. I was doing laundry three days ago and our cuise came up in conversation. THis very question came up so she said she would ask her mom who lives in Victoria. the Roedodendreums (sic) are in bloom as well as tulips coming up. We are in port on May 15, she talked me into going. Things have been cold, but apparently the plants have said it is time to arrive. Spring is here!

The weather has been cooler in Victoria this spring and many of our spring blossoms are late.

I have not been to the Gardens in May but will ask some friends what is planted at that time of the year.

There are many people I know in Victoria who go to the Gardens throughout the year as the Gardens are constantly changing.

If you really want to see Butchart Gardens I would say go.

But I think that by May everything will be caught up. We live in Harrison Hot Springs, which is slightly cooler, and everything popped in the last week.

Viv

Many flowers in my garden are up (at last).......Butchart Gardens, anytime of the year, are worth visting :)

The Weather has actually been warmer the last week and we are supposed to hit 50 something (at least) and sunny on Weds :)

How timely, my question precisely.

How much time should we be allowing to walk through the gardens? Need a range from shortest to longest only as we are booking afternoon tea so want to ensure we dont rush through it.

tks

If you're an avid gardener who will want to stop and look at each bed, then 2 to 3 hours; if you just want to wander through the gardens, one hour should do it. Afternoon tea there, is wonderful.

Thanks well we will be the wanderers for sure. Actually hoping to book tea at the White Heather which I read about.

Thanks well we will be the wanderers for sure. Actually hoping to book tea at the White Heather which I read about.

White Heather is the best tea I have ever had!!!!! It does NOT have the stately regal manner of the Empress BUT the food is much better and way cheaper and the service was just as good as Empress :)

Thanks I called the White Heather this afternoon knowing that we would need to book in advance. Luckily was able to make a reservation with little problem for a few weeks from now. Have been to afternoon tea at various places including a few stately regal types but I personally enjoy the quaint places with fantastic food (and of course its not nearly the cost of the Empress). We do plan ending our day at the Empress for a night cap as our friends have never been there.

We are thinking of renting a car in Victoria since 4 of us will be travelling together and want to also go to Butchart Gardens since we have about 9 hours in Victoria. May be more cost effective and leisurely re our timing.

Is it worth going in the evening? My ship is in Victoria at 7pm on May 22nd. I can't seem to make my mind up if I should go since the garden is not lit up at that time. Any advice?

The gardens will be open when ship is in town and will be illuminated at dusk. If your are interested in gardens these are world class and a must see.:)

Archived