Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

May 10 2010 - Celebrity Infinity - sailing from SF - to AK - disem's in Vancouver... you would have Celebrity status by then - please consider it - it would be so much fun to have you !! Carol

Hey Carol

You need a cruise before 2010!!! Check out our Infinity cruise on September 25th. Still some great deals! I would LOVE to meet you!!!

Melody:D

Gay - I had no idea either - so I let my TA pick it - we got on the 9th deck - highest one, i think -- and we got the Conceirge class pkg. I think the ship is about the same size as the Radiance class and the newer ones are like maybe the Freedom ones -- have to look it up - not sure. Carol

As one who has sailed Infinity... ship is 965 ft...small compared to many of the other ships now. However it only carries under 1900 passengers. You will get so you know almost everyone!

9th deck is the highest one.. only one floor away from the buffet and pool area. (Also T Pool)

Things to make sure you try....

T pool

Spa Cafe.. although it is touted as *healthy food * it is wonderful

Waffle station!!!

And please please don't miss the port holes on the floor in the buffet.

area.

Something I enjoyed.... no overhead paging. Ther is ONE annoucement a day from the Capt.. that is it unless you are in a special region (as the PC where they gave OH annoucements about the PC)

If you enjoy a wonderful meal.. pay to go to the SS United States. I have been to many a fine restaurant and this one compares! The presentation alone is worth the $30.00.

Downside...

Shopping onboard Sucks!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or E Mail me :)

Barb

(jealous you are leaving on my BD LOL)

Hey Carol

You need a cruise before 2010!!! Check out our Infinity cruise on September 25th. Still some great deals! I would LOVE to meet you!!!

Would love to but Hubby has a business trip - guess I just have hawaii to look forward to for the rest of this yr - shucks!! thanx - we will meet one of these days! carol

As one who has sailed Infinity... ship is 965 ft...small compared to many of the other ships now. However it only carries under 1900 passengers. You will get so you know almost everyone!

9th deck is the highest one.. only one floor away from the buffet and pool area. (Also T Pool)

Things to make sure you try....

T pool

Spa Cafe.. although it is touted as *healthy food * it is wonderful

Waffle station!!!

And please please don't miss the port holes on the floor in the buffet.

area.

Something I enjoyed.... no overhead paging. Ther is ONE annoucement a day from the Capt.. that is it unless you are in a special region (as the PC where they gave OH annoucements about the PC)

If you enjoy a wonderful meal.. pay to go to the SS United States. I have been to many a fine restaurant and this one compares! The presentation alone is worth the $30.00.

Downside...

Shopping onboard Sucks!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or E Mail me :)

Barb

(jealous you are leaving on my BD LOL)

It must be the same size as the Monarch - but that's fine - try 'em all!! I have no problem with that size - every0ne who has sailed on the Infinity or Celebrity in general, have had nothing but positive opinions!! well, come with us on your birthday!! I'll be meeting Gay for the first time on Sat - I am so excited! can't believe you and she reconnected from the CA thread! what a nice small world! Carol

Would love to but Hubby has a business trip - guess I just have hawaii to look forward to for the rest of this yr - shucks!! thanx - we will meet one of these days! carol

Carol

Who says you can't come by yourself??!!LOL

Let him go for business and you go cruising!!:cool:

Carol

Who says you can't come by yourself??!!LOL

Let him go for business and you go cruising!!:cool:

HA! ha!! I actually scheduled myself for some gal pal fun during his days 'gone'! you can come with us on May 10 2010!! carol

HA! ha!! I actually scheduled myself for some gal pal fun during his days 'gone'! you can come with us on May 10 2010!! carol

Would LOVE to come with you on May 10 2010, BUT ALL my money is going to our Equinox cruise to the Med on October 5 2010!!:( Don't really have the funds to do both:eek::eek:! If I win the lottery, count me in!

We will meet someday!

A good morning to everyone. Melody, Carol asked if we wanted to go to Alaska with them, but we are not in a postion to go before our 2011 cruise or we would be packing. LOL. Well maybe not quite yet.

Gay

I guess it's not too early to start packing - I am usually a last min person so it will help to start NOW... at least decide on some of the dresses I will bring - I have about 3 for sures and want to buy new ones for the formals and other nights. It's a lot of fun planning what to bring. Carol

I guess it's not too early to start packing - I am usually a last min person so it will help to start NOW... at least decide on some of the dresses I will bring - I have about 3 for sures and want to buy new ones for the formals and other nights. It's a lot of fun planning what to bring. Carol

Good Morning everyone........We're looking to try Celebrity too!

Carol - love your new diamond! :)

Hello Sue, we have never gone with Celebrity, but our dear friends from RI left yesterday for Venice on their first 12 day Med on one of the Celebrity ships so am anxious to hear how they liked it. They will be back the 5th of September I believe.

Gay

Jill of ShipKnotShore from our other CA thread will be on a new Celebrity ship - can't wait to hear about that cruise too - I can see myself going on more Celebrity sailings in the future -

I am going back and forth with the diamond! ha!ha! I like just the plain words and then the pic is nice too - can't make up my mind right now!

Carol

Carol are they more expensive then RCL, I have been watching Princess's prices and they are higher then RCL, yet they have some beautiful itneraries.

Gay

Yes, Celebrity is a tad higher than RCCL - we also paid more for being in a Concierge class, but I am assured it is worth it. Princess has quite a few sailings from SF, round trip, to Mexico and Alaska;one of these days we will try them but for now, I am leaning more towards RCCL and Celebrity.

I also have two old future cruise certificiates from RCCL that I need to use up so I can take advantage of the bennies that they are still honoring since I bought them in 2008.

Carol

I want to stay with RCL right now to move up. We aren't able to brag about being Diamond and may never reach that level, but at least get to Platinum. :) which we should reach after two more RCL cruises. The 2011 will bring us up to 4 if I'm correct. ( 11 night E Carib,15 day Hawaii= RCL). Then if we do the TA that should brings to the next level.

Gay

I am going back and forth with the diamond! ha!ha! I like just the plain words and then the pic is nice too - can't make up my mind right now!

Carol

Keep the diamond..........it sparkles...........just like you do. :)

I also have two old future cruise certificiates from RCCL that I need to use up so I can take advantage of the bennies that they are still honoring since I bought them in 2008.

Carol

Lucky you..........now I wish I'd bought more. Oh well...........the bennies were good while they lasted. ;)

Jill of ShipKnotShore from our other CA thread will be on a new Celebrity ship - can't wait to hear about that cruise too - I can see myself going on more Celebrity sailings in the future -

Carol

Hi Carol

We have not been on the Infinity yet, but we were on the Millennium (sister ship) last September and LOVED it!! The service was fantastic. Always friendly staff, they seem to go out of there way to do for you!! The food was great, except the steaks - very tough and chewy! hopefully that has improved! The buffet is on deck 10, with holes in the floor. Deck 11 is a nightclub/dicso type of area. They have trivia during the day there. and there is a basketball court on the top. It never really felt crowded, even with a full ship, there was plenty of elbow room, if you know what I mean! Not to be missed is the waffle station at breakfast YUMMY!!!

We were on the Sun Princess in September 2006. A very old ship and a lot smaller. Service was also ok and the food was very similar to Celebrity. Overall my DH and I just felt that Celebrity was a better fit for us between those two. Have not tried any others yet, but we are always open to anything. Interested in RCL. I have 2 credits so far on Celebrity and will get 3 more after this next cruise (2 for anything over 7 days and another for cc class) so My DH wants to stay with one line but I'm willing to branch out.

Friends of ours are going to the Med on the Ruby Princess (July 2010) and we are on the Equinox (October 2010) They are paying TWICE as much as us. Ours is 13 days and theres is 10 WOW!!!:(:(

Melody, when I was pricing out the Hawaii Cruises RT for Fall of 2008, for the itnerary and price, I went with RCL. the ROS. That was a 15 day vs 14 day for Princess and we paid alot less plus get longer stays on the Islands and the Lava Sailby. We do like Princess, but feel they are alot higher then RCL and for us personally for overall cruising, we prefer RCL. We have found no differance in service or food, entertainment better on RCL, Pool games better on Princess. I priced out TA's between RCL & Princess, granted Princess offers 18 days on Ruby vs RCL 's 14 days and a better itnerary, but we would be looking at between $6500-7000 for a balcony, while RCL $5000.

Gay

Melody: Yes, in pricing out Princess, I found them to be higher too - Ak was only 10 days SF to SF -- more $$ - and that's why I decided to go with Celebrity - only 1 more day, but more ports and even with airfare from Vancouver or Seattle, it was still a lot cheaper. I have been wanting to try Celebrity anyway, so we booked with them. Besides, it helped that I can used my D+ on RCCL with Celebrity.

I already know I will like Celebrity just from what friends have told me. My friends who cruise with us a lot and who have sailed only on RCCL went on the Millie for their Med cruise 3 yrs ago - they also did the concierge class and they loved it - no complaints! they had a good time and service was great they said.

I would love to continue with RCCL and get as many credits as I can - every 10 points starting at 30, you get a crystal block with the ship's image etched on it - the ship you are on when you accummulate your 30th 40th 50th etc etc point. WE got one for our 30th and it's a beautiful block - but that's ok, I want to venture out.

Wow! 2 points for a cruise over 7 days! RCCL gives 2 points for 12 days or more - 1 more if you are in a JS or GS --

So we will get 3 points for our AK cruise - 11 days, and we are doing a concierge class... that's a good start!

Carol

Isn't it wonderful there are so many different cruise lines/ships to choose from - We all have our own likes and preferences as to which line/ship is best. Of the cruise lines still in business - we been on Celebrity once, with another booked; Royal Caribbean twice; Carnival once; NCL once; Princess three times, with another booked - and we have yet to find a ship or line we would say we wouldn't sail again. I just love being on a ship. :)

Isn't it wonderful there are so many different cruise lines/ships to choose from - We all have our own likes and preferences as to which line/ship is best. Of the cruise lines still in business - we been on Celebrity once, with another booked; Royal Caribbean twice; Carnival once; NCL once; Princess three times, with another booked - and we have yet to find a ship or line we would say we wouldn't sail again. I just love being on a ship. :)

We also enjoy our cruises cuz it's a nice get away, but we have found some negative moments on some of our sailings - like smelly toilets, which they repaired; cig smoke lingering on the drapes, which they sprayed some fabric stuff on to death; just little things - awful and slow waiters...etc etc.. but heck, we are on vacation - those things didn't matter cuz we rebooked again and again! I consider everything, not just the ship part, but the people we meet, the ports, and everything that goes with the entire cruise experience! love it! Carol

I live in San Diego county. My last cruise was on CCL to the Mexican Riviera.As it was my first cruise I didn't know what to expect(these threads helped alot). I had a great time. Be sure to swim with the sea lions. They are full of personality and playfulness.

After my cruise, I immediately booked two more. January on RCCL to Western Carib and CCL to Southern Carib, but I love the idea of getting on a ship close to home.

Hello juana and welcome, please be sure you stop by our Calif Thread, just click on the Calif Link below our signatures. My name is Gay and DH is John, we live in Palm Springs. I will add you to our ever growing Calif Roll Call. :).

April 10, 2011 on the Mariner, we have a Group California Cruise already booked and a Roll Call underway, so hope you can join us. If you wish any details, just ask.

Gay

I live in San Diego county. My last cruise was on CCL to the Mexican Riviera.As it was my first cruise I didn't know what to expect(these threads helped alot). I had a great time. Be sure to swim with the sea lions. They are full of personality and playfulness.

After my cruise, I immediately booked two more. January on RCCL to Western Carib and CCL to Southern Carib, but I love the idea of getting on a ship close to home.

Hello - welcome to this thread - what ships will you be on for your Caribbean sailings? and yes, it's nice not to have to fly to a port to embark on a ship -

Carol

Archived