military rates?

BigRed93

Do you know if the military rate gets lowered for your booking and it is less than what you paid - is that covered under the price protection with early saver?

If you book Military Rate and the price for your specific Cruise/Category goes down (before Final Payment Deadline) you can call Carnival for a Price Adjustment.

If you Book Early Saver, and the Military Rates goes less than your Early Saver AND you are qualified for the Military Rate, you can send in the form for a Early Saver Rate Adjustment.

ken

We have had excellent experience with VTG especially getting military rates. We are sailing out of Baltimore on May 30 in a balcony for $2000 including taxes and port charges for 3 of us. You can't beat that!

I use that particular site to check military rates, then book directly through Carnival, since the rates will be the same.

This also allows you to check back for rate changes. I got several hundred dollars in OBC last cruise by periodically checking the rates there (since Carnival does not post military rates);)

If you book Military Rate and the price for your specific Cruise/Category goes down (before Final Payment Deadline) you can call Carnival for a Price Adjustment.

If you Book Early Saver, and the Military Rates goes less than your Early Saver AND you are qualified for the Military Rate, you can send in the form for a Early Saver Rate Adjustment.

ken

I thought this might be the case since my PVP told me that if the past guest rate drops below what we booked for with early saver then we would be eligible for the price reduction or OBC.

Is the past guest rate considered advertised?

We have sailed 4 times w/ Carnival and each time we provide a copy of my husband's military ID and current drivers license.....Our TA forwards to Carnival.

Last month we sailed w/ RCL, we wanted to see what was different w/ another cruise line. We had a very nice time, but came to realize that Carnival had many amenities that we prefer. Please understand RCL is very nice, but much more expensive. We are definately going back to Carnival next year!!! We feel that if Carnival respects us as a military family, we inturn would like to return the respect by being loyal to Carnival.

ken

Last time military rate was lower so we faxed hubby's DD214 to Carnival. They said it stays onfile with them so we won't have to fax it again. So, I check all the rates...and can use either past guest, early saver, or military now so that helps!

VTG that a mil rate is available on the date I want, but I prefer to book with the cruise line directly.

I supposed calling to book is my only option?

Thx!

What is VTG? And how do I find out if my cruise is offering military rates?

Archived