military rates?

BigRed93

In order to receive military rate/discount, do I have to go through a live person? Is there a way to see the rate just doing online reservation? I see on VTG that a mil rate is available on the date I want, but I prefer to book with the cruise line directly.

I supposed calling to book is my only option?

Thx!

In order to receive military rate/discount, do I have to go through a live person? Is there a way to see the rate just doing online reservation? I see on VTG that a mil rate is available on the date I want, but I prefer to book with the cruise line directly.

I supposed calling to book is my only option?

Thx!

Only way to get military when booking thru Carnival direct is calling. You cannot see military rates on their website.

GL

Thx!

You need to call for this rate. I prefer to speak directly with a Carnival rep rather than a travel agent, but I have been able to get a slightly better deal (OBCs) through a TA.

If you are a veteran, you will need a DD214, so dig this up if you don't have it handy.

Thanks for the information!

I was sort of assuming that with DH's valid ID card (retired after 22 years!), I wouldn't also need the DD-214. I hope I'm right on that, although I do know where it is if needed.

This will be our first time with Carnival. One of the many converts, I suppose. :)

Looking forward to it!

That the only way I found out about the rate was to call my PVP. Best thing about it was she asked me if I was military. I told her that I was not active and she said did I serve. I was taken back by this, Carnival made some big time brownie points with me. All I had to do was fax them a copy of my DD214 and I saved big time. I did ask why the did this and was told that they appreciated what we had done. That to me was really nice.

You can also book military rates thru xxxxx.xxx After your first search check the military rate box in the upper left hand corner.

You can not post the names of Travel Agents in this forum. Its totally against community rules.

Fred

We have had excellent experience with VTG especially getting military rates. We are sailing out of Baltimore on May 30 in a balcony for $2000 including taxes and port charges for 3 of us. You can't beat that!

We have had excellent experience with XXX especially getting military rates. We are sailing out of Baltimore on May 30 in a balcony for $2000 including taxes and port charges for 3 of us. You can't beat that!

You can not post the names of Travel Agents in this forum. Its totally against community rules.

Fred

Big Red,

To stay totally within community rules, and not offend anyone's sensibilities, I will restate my information. Military rates are not always widely understood, even by many of the cruise line's own cruise consultants. If you know of an individual or an agency that has knowledge of the rules of the rates you are inquiring about, I would strongly recommend you stick with that individual.

I work with an online agency that is extremely knowledgable and has consistently gotten me excellent rates. Have a great trip. Pammy

On our next cruise not leaving til June 22,2010 on the Spirit the early saver rate was actually cheaper then the military rate (when the Liberty cruise the cheaper was a past guest rate). I guess it depends and best to check all the rates out first.

Also , my PVP told me that there are only a certain amount of cabins alloted to military rates .

Once those are gone on a certain ship they withdraw the offer .

When do they typically offer this rate? Is it close to sailing or anytime? My DH is a veteran and we are booked on the Dream for February 2010. Would it be too early to expect to see a military discount... I forgot to ask our PVP.

Thanks!

When do they typically offer this rate? Is it close to sailing or anytime? My DH is a veteran and we are booked on the Dream for February 2010. Would it be too early to expect to see a military discount... I forgot to ask our PVP.

Thanks!

Have been searching my own list of online agencies who give military rates for Carnival sailings and have found few listings of military rates yet for anything past Dec., 2009.

Best advice is to keep asking when these rates will be posted and for which ships for 2010. That's what I'm doing.

Dianne

Have been searching my own list of online agencies who give military rates for Carnival sailings and have found few listings of military rates yet for anything past Dec., 2009.

Best advice is to keep asking when these rates will be posted and for which ships for 2010. That's what I'm doing.

Dianne

Thanks for the information! :)

You all are most helpful. I called Carnival today and booked my cruise. The resident rate was $100 under the published funsaver rate and the military rate was $40 lower than that! Of course this is for a trip that leaves in less than 30 days and is not yet full. I think it was a good deal. I had been watching fares on other sites for awhile trying to decide. We were pretty flexible for when, it just had to be the right price.

I even got a good deal on airfare for being under 30 days out. I was sure there would be no good flights left. :)

We actually got a better rate for our Jan 9th Dream cruise thru early saver vs. military rate .

Military rates come and go , sometimes they go fast , other times they are still available a month or two out, just depends on when you book and how many others have the same idea to get the rate.

I've found it best to book when I want and to forget about it , I'm not so hung up on upgrades or OBC's , I just book the room I want as well .

We actually got a better rate for our Jan 9th Dream cruise thru early saver vs. military rate .

Military rates come and go , sometimes they go fast , other times they are still available a month or two out, just depends on when you book and how many others have the same idea to get the rate.

I've found it best to book when I want and to forget about it , I'm not so hung up on upgrades or OBC's , I just book the room I want as well .

Do you know if the military rate gets lowered for your booking and it is less than what you paid - is that covered under the price protection with early saver?

That I do not know .

I doubt it would be lower , as we booked Lido deck cabins at a rate of 519 a person, I can't see the rates for those cabins going any lower .

As I said before , I go thru my PVP , discuss my options for the best rooms and best price and book it , and leave it .

He also knows that I will ,if needed take an upgrade ,and to never put me anywhere other than between cabin decks .

Thanks for the information!

I was sort of assuming that with DH's valid ID card (retired after 22 years!), I wouldn't also need the DD-214. I hope I'm right on that, although I do know where it is if needed.

This will be our first time with Carnival. One of the many converts, I suppose. :)

Looking forward to it!

You will need both DD214 and military card both sides!!! All you have to do is fax it to them

Do you know if the military rate gets lowered for your booking and it is less than what you paid - is that covered under the price protection with early saver?

Just a guess but if you booked early saver I doubt they will lower it if you now find out your were eligible for military. Two different offerings. If you are asking if you booked military & you see the military price lowered at a later date, yes you will get a price reduction, as long as you're not in the final payment phase.

I believe the price protection with the Early Saver refers to the idea that if you see your booking price drop on Carnival's advertised pricing (not pricing for on-line agents that buy blocks of rooms) then your price will be matched to that. Military are not advertised prices.

If it makes you feel better, at least for our cruise on the Pride in August, military & early booking were just about the same price when we booked in the late fall....so, you probably didn't lose out on anything if you booked ES rather than military. Advantage to military though is you don't lose your deposit if you cancel more than 60 days out from sailing.

So, now that you know about the military, just keep it in mind for other sailings as an option.

Archived