Anyone stay in a 1A cabin near Midship elevators?

sailor44

Hi,

Trying to find an inexpensive cabin for my sister and am looking at the 1A cabins on either the Veranda, Empress or Upper decks on Conquest or other classes. I would imagine that you would be able to hear the elevator ding in that cabin.

Anyone know how loud these cabins might be?

Hi,

Trying to find an inexpensive cabin for my sister and am looking at the 1A cabins on either the Veranda, Empress or Upper decks on Conquest or other classes. I would imagine that you would be able to hear the elevator ding in that cabin.

Anyone know how loud these cabins might be?

Its very quiet in the cabins close to the elevator.

Stayed in 6393 on the Conquest. Never heard anything from the elevators. The store room next door is another matter, however.

The room is very large for a 1a, it also has 2 single beds that I had the Steward push together to make a queen.

2055017400071024607S425x425Q85.jpg

Its very quiet in the cabins close to the elevator.

We've previously stayed in 7335 on the Valor and I could hear the elevator dinging which was quite loud. Didn't matter to me because once i fall asleep I wouldn't hear a bomb go off.

However, my sister is a light sleeper and if she hears that ding, she will have trouble.

The 1A's (i.e. 7345) are however not directly as close to the elevators as 7335 is.

Anyone else stay in either 7345, 8357, or 6393?

Stayed in 6393 on the Conquest. Never heard anything from the elevators. The store room next door is another matter, however.

The room is very large for a 1a, it also has 2 single beds that I had the Steward push together to make a queen.

2055017400071024607S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks! Was the store room noisy at night too?

Now, I've just lost my faith in the cabin information available on http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php because for this cabin it shows:

Cabin 6393 1A ISUL 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper rab:0

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Thanks! Was the store room noisy at night too?

Now, I've just lost my faith in the cabin information available on http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php because for this cabin it shows:

Cabin 6393 1A ISUL 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper rab:0

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

I was just a couple of times in the morning, one of the carts the Steward's were using had a jammed wheel and it screeched like hell.

<usual Cruisedeckplans bashing self edited>. This was the setup for this cabin on the Conquest prior to her last dry dock, it may have changed.

I was just a couple of times in the morning, one of the carts the Steward's were using had a jammed wheel and it screeched like hell.

<usual Cruisedeckplans bashing self edited>. This was the setup for this cabin on the Conquest prior to her last dry dock, it may have changed.

Thanks Don! I guess it is also possible that the bunk fell off the wall :eek: and was replaced by another twin on a dry dock.

It makes sense that these "plans" might be the original plans as all the ships within a class have the same info.

Thanks Don! I guess it is also possible that the bunk fell off the wall :eek: and was replaced by another twin on a dry dock.

It makes sense that these "plans" might be the original plans as all the ships within a class have the same info.

Nope, the bunk was there too (in the ceiling). :D

If I'm not mistaken, WeBeCruisin stayed in the same room on the Liberty and it had the same twin beds.

We've previously stayed in 7335 on the Valor and I could hear the elevator dinging which was quite loud. Didn't matter to me because once i fall asleep I wouldn't hear a bomb go off.

However, my sister is a light sleeper and if she hears that ding, she will have trouble.

The 1A's (i.e. 7345) are however not directly as close to the elevators as 7335 is.

Anyone else stay in either 7345, 8357, or 6393?

You asked and answered your own question.

So, if I say I stayed in a cabin on Ecstasy adjacent to the elevator and never heard anything, not even the dinging, what's the difference?

You asked and answered your own question.

So, if I say I stayed in a cabin on Ecstasy adjacent to the elevator and never heard anything, not even the dinging, what's the difference?

I must have not been clear. No need to get snotty.

It doesn't matter whether it was quiet adjacent to an elevator on the Ecstasy - the Fantasy ships have a completely different layout than the Conquest class.

I was trying to see whether other people thought my logic was sound in thinking that even though both cabins are close to the elevator and I heard the dinging very clearly in 7335 that 7345 might be quieter.

I must have not been clear. No need to get snotty..

I wasnt trying to be snotty, but thanks for the insult. I was saying sounds like you HAVE stayed near a elevator yourself and didnt like it. No matter how many others say it didnt bother them, it may bother the particular person.

I have 6393 booked on the Conquest too.

I thought your reply to me that Fantasy class ships are completely different was a bit snotty too for that matter. Why not take a post the way it was meant, that you probably woudnt be satisfied, but maybe your sister wouldnt care? Iv never heard anyone else mind being near a elevator except for the noise of drunks on any class of ships and I read a lot of posts. Carnival made all the ships.

I wasnt trying to be snotty, but thanks for the insult. I was saying sounds like you HAVE stayed near a elevator yourself and didnt like it. No matter how many others say it didnt bother them, it may bother the particular person.

I have 6393 booked on the Conquest too.

I thought your reply to me that Fantasy class ships are completely different was a bit snotty too for that matter. Why not take a post the way it was meant, that you probably woudnt be satisfied, but maybe your sister wouldnt care? Iv never heard anyone else mind being near a elevator except for the noise of drunks on any class of ships and I read a lot of posts. Carnival made all the ships.

Apparently we both mis-communicated. Sorry.

Archived