Anyone tired of the menu selection?...

elgato2

Maybe we've been on CCL too much lately...but I feel like I have the menu memorized. We're just off the Inspiration yesterday and I found that I was actually 'tired of the same old food'. Everything was okay...nothing was really outstanding. Anyone else feel this way?

No flames please..we had a good time..but I think we're ready for a change...

CCL is wonderful line for the $$..they really aim to please.

The Port of Tampa is awesome!..Such an easy in and out...Wish some lines would consider running a variety of longer..Southern and Eastern Carib cruises out of Tampa...think there would be a market for it. There are plenty of us old retired folk on the West Coast (FL) that prefer an Eastern Itinerary....have time for a 10-15 day cruise and love the convenience of Tampa.

I never get tired of anything as long as someone else is cooking it for me! It's nice to have the break and not have to worry about doing the shopping, chopping, cooking, cleaning up, yadda, yadda, yadda ... :p

And, personally, I think there's enough variety on the menu that you could probably sail for at least 3 weeks and never have the same dinner twice (breakfast choices are more limited, but they are at home, too).

Maybe we've been on CCL too much lately...but I feel like I have the menu memorized. We're just off the Inspiration yesterday and I found that I was actually 'tired of the same old food'. Everything was okay...nothing was really outstanding. Anyone else feel this way?

No flames please..we had a good time..but I think we're ready for a change...

CCL is wonderful line for the $$..they really aim to please.

The Port of Tampa is awesome!..Such an easy in and out...Wish some lines would consider running a variety of longer..Southern and Eastern Carib cruises out of Tampa...think there would be a market for it. There are plenty of us old retired folk on the West Coast (FL) that prefer an Eastern Itinerary....have time for a 10-15 day cruise and love the convenience of Tampa.

I don't really understand why they have to be so standardized. We think that the food is quite good, but after a few cruises it would be nice to have some new menu items.

I realize that they have to standardize to some extent as I am guessing they buy in great bulk to save money. But, what I don't know is why each ship's chef can't make the food differently, so you are not getting identical food on every repeat cruise.

Now that I've said this they will go and completely change the menus and I won't be able to get the things that I haven't had or want top have again! :D

I'll be happy as long as Carnival continues to offers decent food and a great cruise value. ;)

I agree op! It was getting to a point we could quote the menu and even the days they would serve it:p This is one of our reasons we sail on other cruise lines.......after a while the same thing gets old:D

Nice to change it up!

just sailed on the Valor and the food was very good, but much the same as the last Carnival cruise we took several years ago. One item on the menu that was new was a delicious Indian dish, which I highly recommend. The Rack of Lamb was excellent, as was the filet. Not cruising again anytime soon, so I can't say I am tired of the menu. If I cruised more often, perhaps I would be looking for a change.

just sailed on the Valor and the food was very good, but much the same as the last Carnival cruise we took several years ago. One item on the menu that was new was a delicious Indian dish, which I highly recommend. The Rack of Lamb was excellent, as was the filet. Not cruising again anytime soon, so I can't say I am tired of the menu. If I cruised more often, perhaps I would be looking for a change.

The Indian dish - was that a vegetarian choice? I know my sister had an Indian dish when we were on the Valor in October and she said that it was excellent. Afterward, we were looking at the photos of the dining room staff and the head chef was Indian and she said now she knows why it was so good. i don't remember what it was called and I just looked at some menus and didn't notice it on them.

I understand the food is mostly the same, but it is just like if you keep going to your favorite restaurants--they don't change their menus. But I do understand about maybe having a few different items then before. :D

Yea, it's about time they got rid of that same ol' warm chocolate melting cake and lobster they serve everytime I sail. :eek:;):D

:eek: No chocolate melting cake?? They'd have a riot to deal with.

there have been deletions, and additions..some dishes have returned. Sometimes a new chef will bring a new twist to the menu. I'm always happy to order something that I dont get at a restaurant, or cook myself.Lamb is back yaay! Seasonal availability is a big consideration, so if you only cruze in MAY.. or Oct......same time each year...bound to be some reps.

Yea, it's about time they got rid of that same ol' warm chocolate melting cake and lobster they serve everytime I sail. :eek:;):D

Them's fighting words for a lot of people. I love the chocolate melting cake. I can't eat lobster so I wouldn't miss it, but the number of people who complain about the size of them and the chance of them going away is amazing.

There are so many types of Entrees every night, its have to get tired to the menus, Now if you select the same Entrees on every cruise I can see how that can get old. I love the Chicken, Steak and Shrimp dinners so mainly select those.

Fred

Not really tired of the menu but did find that with the menu changes they made about a year ago that many of the dishes didn't appeal to me personally. I'm sure they are very good but I found that a lot of the combinations of side dishes just didn't sound good and that they are now using the same sides for most of the entrees each night. Makes it easier on the kitchen but tough if you're not fond of what the sides are that night since they now come with everything. We still find plenty to eat, though - I just order a steak or chicken breast off the alternative menu if I don't see anything I really like.

The melting "cake" is good one or two nights. But I would like more chocolate options every night!

I agree op! It was getting to a point we could quote the menu and even the days they would serve it:p This is one of our reasons we sail on other cruise lines.......after a while the same thing gets old:D

Nice to change it up!

Exactly the way I felt. Before I got on, I could tell my husband what I would be eating every night. Why for 15 years must it be Peppercorn steak. Have the steak but do something even slightly different with it. We switched for a bit to RCI (not impressed) & Princess (loved it) but came back to Carnival again because you can't beat the price & we always have a good time. I did notice some slightly different menu items on our last cruise over New Year's Eve, which was nice....or maybe being away for them for a bit I forgot they used to offer short ribs...maybe not new at all. Booked again for August.

I agree with you, would be nice to have different choices. I too put in my review that I felt the food was lacking this last trip I took. Don't get me wrong I appreciate not having to cook and clean...but the food fell a little short for me this last trip.

I would also like them to change their shows more often.

The melting "cake" is good one or two nights. But I would like more chocolate options every night!

I agree - I am one of the few who isn't fond of the melting cake. I don't like dark chocolate (love milk chocolate) and it's too rich for me. I seem to remember there used to be 3 dessert selections each night plus the sugar free one - seems like they've now gone to 2 regular desserts, the sugar free one plus the melting cake.

I do hope they never take a way the tiramisu - I wait all cruise for that night!!!:D

I agree with the OP - we are tired of the same menu selections - we know all of the days and have our favorites and the not so favorites. We get really excited when they add a new item!

Some variety and changes more often would be nice!

Archived