Change To Pepsi

glenellen1

Not a Pepsi OR a Coke fan ... but will drink either if they are the only game in town.

That being said, if I had my druthers ... and if the Cola Gods were actually listening to me ... these cruise lines (or any resort for that matter) would contact a small little soda manufacturer located in northern New Jersey by the name of Boylan Bottle Works. It's such a small, niche market type of operation that only those of you from the NJ / NYC area probably have heard of it, but the cola and the birch beers are sinfully delicious, almost sexual in the experience. They use only cane sugar, NOT HFCS, which is half the battle. The carbonation is not "light enough" to make it sicky sweet, yet not TOO over-blown to make it a burp fest / alka-seltzer wannabee.

Feh, I'm just rambling on and on ... and 90% of you have no clue how much better Boylan's is then any other soda manufactuerer out there.

Michael

If you think about how much soda NCL must buy in a year, even something as simple as a relatively minor price difference can generate significant additional profit for NCL.

OK I was trying to stay out of this but as a Pepsi affiliate here is the official info for you. There is a little more to it but I am not allowed to publicise that yet. BTW I prefer Rum and Coke.

PepsiCo is now the exclusive fountain and packaged beverage supplier for Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) for all 11 of its global ships, which are scheduled to convert to Pepsi products by summer 2009.

NCL, the innovator of "freestyle cruising," is PepsiCo's first-ever cruise line customer and carries approximately 1.2 million passengers annually. Freestyle cruising provides guests with the utmost in freedom and choice, on the newest, most contemporary fleet at sea.

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d613fa8ea-b9e1-4ba1-a054-9a6d406822f7.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDIuanBn%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253aimage002.jpg%254001C9B500.D896AAB0&oneredir=1&ip=10.12.160.8&d=d7010&mf=0&a=01_9b4fc928487d52622a214706cbc58ecef74ce20a9e2fa97ee5415067c9d08bc9"We estimate that this new NCL partnership will provide PepsiCo 1.5 million, 8 oz. cases system wide while enabling us to reach new consumers with our products," said Gary Levzow, vice president, Travel & Leisure Sales - PepsiCo Foodservice.

And I have no idea what 1.5 million 8 oz cases means but its going to be a whole lot of soda.

We've always brought soda (Pepsi) onboard with us on every cruise for years and never, ever has anyone even attempted to open a can/bottle.

If Radzer0 can advise which port he/she was in when their soda's were open that would be helpful.......We always buy additional sodas at one or more ports that we visit and again, NCL crew OR customs officials have never opened any of our Pepsi cans/bottles.

What did you expect. The are just as picky about which brand of bottled water they drink as well. Many would say they prefer Coca Cola, won't drink Pepsi, yet will only drink Deja Blue, a Dr Pepper product over Evian, a Coke product.... Go figure.

Soda is soda. Water is water. Yes there is a slight difference in taste to prefer one over the other. Enough of a taste difference not to drink it? If you handed them a soda unmarked in a glass, many would drink it thinking its Pepsi and others would drink it thinking its Coca Cola. Of course the answer was you handed them the Walmart brand.

Well, I don't agree to that point. I think there is a vast difference in taste between Coke & Pepsi...and between brands of bottled water as well. Saying there is no difference would be like saying there is no difference in taste between different brands of beer. ;)

I do think, however, that getting your panties in a wad over having to drink a different brand of cola is childish. If you really can't tolerate the taste of a certian cola, then find something else aboard the ship to drink.

Water is always a great and healthy option.

jmo.

I am on the Dawn out of NYC on June 21st. Only Diet Coke for me. Am bringing some of my own, but I bought a soda card, and if it is only Pepsi I will give the card away!

You should be able to know before you buy your card. I do think, just MHO, that it will be Pepsi. James, Ohiocruiser, has yet to lead us astray and I think it was pretty much confirmed by Grillers posting. If nothing else, you can ask before you buy it. I would hate to see you waste your money like that.

just got off the phone with NCL and they say the do not have an official date for the change over. I did read somewhere that one of the ships did change already but NCL says none of the ships have changed over. So I guess we will have to wait for people to get of the ships to tell us. We are on the Pearl 6/14 and only drink coke. Sop i hope they don't change till later.

As someone else posted, you can't believe a thing they tell you when you call them.. LOL. I love NCL, but their general care group (landbased) leaves a lot to be desired. I swear they all have one of those big number 8 pool ball things that were so popular when I was a kid that had a glass bottom to it... When you asked a question you turned it upside down and an answer would appear on the glass part. It is just as random as the answers you will get with NCL's landbased operations. Again, love NCL but don't trust a word you hear when you call their customer service.

OK I was trying to stay out of this but as a Pepsi affiliate here is the official info for you. There is a little more to it but I am not allowed to publicise that yet. BTW I prefer Rum and Coke.

PepsiCo is now the exclusive fountain and packaged beverage supplier for Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) for all 11 of its global ships, which are scheduled to convert to Pepsi products by summer 2009.

NCL, the innovator of "freestyle cruising," is PepsiCo's first-ever cruise line customer and carries approximately 1.2 million passengers annually. Freestyle cruising provides guests with the utmost in freedom and choice, on the newest, most contemporary fleet at sea.

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d613fa8ea-b9e1-4ba1-a054-9a6d406822f7.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDIuanBn%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253aimage002.jpg%254001C9B500.D896AAB0&oneredir=1&ip=10.12.160.8&d=d7010&mf=0&a=01_9b4fc928487d52622a214706cbc58ecef74ce20a9e2fa97ee5415067c9d08bc9"We estimate that this new NCL partnership will provide PepsiCo 1.5 million, 8 oz. cases system wide while enabling us to reach new consumers with our products," said Gary Levzow, vice president, Travel & Leisure Sales - PepsiCo Foodservice.

And I have no idea what 1.5 million 8 oz cases means but its going to be a whole lot of soda.

Thanks for the info. :)

My DH used to work for Pepsi many years ago in Philadelphia.

Thanks for the info. :)

My DH used to work for Pepsi many years ago in Philadelphia.

Its a shame he doesn't still work for Pepsi, it would be twice as good as belonging to a union if you can follow my drift.

How about the soda/tonic water and ginger ale? Are those still available with the new Pepsi soda card? I sort of fell in love with Ginger ale on my first NCL cruise, it's great with rum. :D

With the soda card you are allowed to get any "soda" or non-alcoholic drink they serve with the exception of maybe juices. But any carbonated non-alcoholic beverage is included.

Its a shame he doesn't still work for Pepsi, it would be twice as good as belonging to a union if you can follow my drift.

....L actually I'm not quite sure I do (??)

I'm a bit slow today I guess....

I've been a fan of Rooti Root Beer since I spent a summer in San Francisco after I graduated college in the 1960's.:cool:

Of course given the state of things in San Francisco in those days, who knows if I just hallucinated that there was such a thing as Rooti Root Beer.:eek::D

I've been a fan of Rooti Root Beer since I spent a summer in San Francisco after I graduated college in the 1960's.:cool:

Of course given the state of things in San Francisco in those days, who knows if I just hallucinated that there was such a thing as Rooti Root Beer.:eek::D

you sure it wasn't Rudy Root Beer? ;)

Archived