Vip?

lovetoleave

Often when a cruise line makes an "oops", they tell you that you'll be VIP on your next cruise.

You might receive some flowers in your cabin, chocolate strawberries or maybe go to a cocktail party.

You didn't mention which cruise line.

I have been told that I am going to be listed as a VIP on an upcoming cruise:D. Does anyone know what perks that offers?

Hi Geoff,

After seeing your Website and realizing who you are, your "perks" may be somehow different. I remember listening to you back when I lived in the LA area (Orange County).

I enjoyed your stories on your Website, especially the Amtrack adventure.

Good sailing, nice to see your name again.

Ken

On our last Ryndam sailing in November we were also treated as VIPS.

Nice but donot expect too much however...

We got a nice flowerarrangement in the cabin and a bottle of champagne.

Also an invitation to a special party (which were prediner drinks in the crfowsnest), where about another 50 or more passengers were present.

Also we had a 3 category upgrade, which was from a cheaper outside to a better outside cabin.

I don't think that there is a "standard" VIP package, although all of them may have the same things.

On our upcoming cruise we received a $1400 future cruise fare credit....then a cabin upgrade for ourselves....and...our friends, (the bookings are linked). These upgrades were substanial. If there is more I guess we will have to wait to see when we get on the ship. We were notified well in advance of the credit...but the upgrades came as a complete surprise, and we did not expect anything more!

All of this was in response to a "substanial" OOPS on our last cruise.

Hi Geoff,

After seeing your Website and realizing who you are, your "perks" may be somehow different. I remember listening to you back when I lived in the LA area (Orange County).

He's probably talking "media VIP." That is different. In addition to the above stuff that's already been mentioned, you'll probably get a phone call early on in the cruise from either the HM or the guest relations manager, telling you that if you need any special assistance to call. By special assistance, they mean if you want to do any interviews, meet with any onboard staff, etc., they'll be happy to set everything up for you.

Makes life easier than tracking everyone down individually. Just go to one source and everything is taken care of. Sort of like your own private Neptune Lounge concierge ... but for media stuff. :)

But ... no ... your end-of-cruise bar tab is not picked up. I tried getting that ... didn't work. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived