Quick question-30 minutes or one hour?

All aboard is 30 minutes before scheduled departure. If I am taking an independent excursion I always plan to be back in the area of the pier no later than 1 hour before departure, giving me some leeway in case of delays. If we get back with no problems, that gives me 30 minutes to go shopping in the pier area.

It depends on where you are. In Curacao there is a lot of activity going on right at the head of the pier. So plenty of folks hang out there until almost departure time. But as a rule I like to be real close to the ship, if not on it, at least 30 minutes before sailing.

It depends on where you are. In Curacao there is a lot of activity going on right at the head of the pier. So plenty of folks hang out there until almost departure time. But as a rule I like to be real close to the ship, if not on it, at least 30 minutes before sailing.

We were standing out in front of our ship 40 minutes prior to disembarking from Curacao and heard our names being paged on the ship!

We usually are on board before the requisite 30 minutes and that trip was included.

The general rule is 30 minutes before the scheduled sailing time. At the gangway before you get off there is a sign telling you what time you need to be back on board. With the seapass security system they should know if all passengers are back on board or not which will explain why you sometimes will hear passengers names being paged as sailing time approaches. On some of our recent cruises, everyone must have been very good about returning to the ship on time, because we frequently left a good five or ten minutes early.:) In Cozumel last month we watched as they pulled in all but one gangway and assorted paraphernalia and waited for one lone passenger to make his way down the pier to the ship. As soon as he boarded they hurriedly pulled the gangway inside and proceeded to pull away from the pier.:rolleyes:

All aboard is 30 minutes before scheduled departure. If I am taking an independent excursion I always plan to be back in the area of the pier no later than 1 hour before departure, giving me some leeway in case of delays. If we get back with no problems, that gives me 30 minutes to go shopping in the pier area.

Bummer Wrona, I was expecting to read an injury report and another good story lol ;) Do you only injure yourself onboard while cruising :eek:

###

Bummer Wrona, I was expecting to read an injury report and another good story lol ;) Do you only injure yourself onboard while cruising :eek:

###

Oh no, I am an equal opportunity klutz. It just seems to manifest itself regularly on vacations. Wait until you get Carol and I together next month. We'll see what kind of trouble we can create.;):p:D

We got back to the port in Heraklion in good time to board, it was a nightmare as another cruise Aidia I believe was starting it's cruise. They did not segragate the lines and we quickly realised that we would not get to the top in time. There were no RCI personnel present which would have greatly helped here and the port staff didn't speak English We befriended an Italian family travelling on RCI who were much further up the Q and got back on the boat in time, but is was stressful.. We were amongst the last busload back, not something that I wish to repeat...

Archived