Might try Princess for Canada New England

Solstice23

Hello

My wife and I might try Princess just for the chance sail the Canada New England cruise on Aug 22nd before my wife returns to teaching in Sept.

I am not a Princess fan, But was wondering what The Caribbean Princess is like? My Mom sailed princess recently and did not like it. We are not too picky, But love Celebrity and please any comments to change our minds will not work! LOL

We are looking at this cruise as an extra trip, as we Host a group cruise every March,( next year the Solstice)And we try to get away in summer on a cruise alone. Since we live in Toronto we can drive or get a very Cheap flight to NYC. If not the other option is for us to Fly to Vancouver and go on the Mercury Alaska cruise, we have sailed Alaska before so..

Questions

1. Mini Suite ( is it worth it ) if so is why

2. Does suites come with Butler? we usually have Butler

3. Is the Caribbean Princess full of Brass etc Like the Grand? (not our taste)

4. is the service personal like knowing our names?

5. Can we order special items nightly like Creme Brulee every night? side of veggies, bowls of Blue berries whenever? (we are used to this on Celebrity and were wondering)

6. What is the music like around the ship?

7. Does anyone know if ships leaving from NYC have parking? if so how much cost?

Thanks again, We are big on Design and clean lines and great service, we enjoy food but are not food snobs....it's all in the service and ship design for us.

You seem to have a very long list that might make or break your cruise. Butlers are no longer offered on Princess (and haven't been in almost 10 years) and mini suites are not actually considered suites on Princess when it comes to extra perks, such are offered on Celebrity ships. In fact, mini suites on Princess come with almost no extras at all, so not sure you would be satisfied with that category stateroom.

With what you are used to receiving onboard, I don't think you would be happy unless you booked a full suite on Princess. These include the perks (more or less minus the butler) that you are used to receiving.

With the list you posted, I would probably try and find a cruise on Celebrity as I am not sure you will enjoy Princess, especially since you have been forwarned by 'M' that it isn't what was expected.

Here is the list on princess as to what perks are included with both mini suites and full suites, you might want to have a look. ;) http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

Best of luck, I hope you find a perfect cruise for August. :D

Great thanks for the heads up,

But we love to cruise and the ports interest us,

We are considering Princess thats all

Thanks for the info on the Suites. What about getting all the extras in the dinning room? and service level?

Also how you put your email link to work at the end of your Signature?

Hello

My wife and I might try Princess just for the chance sail the Canada New England cruise on Aug 22nd before my wife returns to teaching in Sept.

I am not a Princess fan, But was wondering what The Caribbean Princess is like? My Mom sailed princess recently and did not like it. We are not too picky, But love Celebrity and please any comments to change our minds will not work! LOL

We are looking at this cruise as an extra trip, as we Host a group cruise every March,( next year the Solstice)And we try to get away in summer on a cruise alone. Since we live in Toronto we can drive or get a very Cheap flight to NYC. If not the other option is for us to Fly to Vancouver and go on the Mercury Alaska cruise, we have sailed Alaska before so..

Questions

1. Mini Suite ( is it worth it ) if so is why

2. Does suites come with Butler? we usually have Butler

3. Is the Caribbean Princess full of Brass etc Like the Grand? (not our taste)

4. is the service personal like knowing our names?

5. Can we order special items nightly like Creme Brulee every night? side of veggies, bowls of Blue berries whenever? (we are used to this on Celebrity and were wondering)

6. What is the music like around the ship?

7. Does anyone know if ships leaving from NYC have parking? if so how much cost?

Thanks again, We are big on Design and clean lines and great service, we enjoy food but are not food snobs....it's all in the service and ship design for us.

Parking at Red Hook is approx $18 @ Day.

Open lot not covered.

Archived