On Board Credit

cru2

Hiya All

Not sure if following has been asked/answered if so my apologies.

In respect of OBC is it better to add it all to the lead name in cabin (we all in 1 cabin), & each person use their cruise card seperately but it all comes off the one credit

OR

add OBC to individual cards.

We intend to use OBC for everything

• Drinks
  • Tips
  • Internet
  • Gifts
  • cruise cards, etc

Thanks.

Will you be charging to the same credit card? My wife and I both hit the same card. She often has a credit at the end of the cruise since usually only tips hit her. Mine usually has tips plus shore excursions, drinks, etc. They net them, so it doesn't matter who has which credit or debit.

What is the advantage of purchasing OBC on a cruise if you are using the same account?

It can help with budgeting purposes.

For example, some peole like to buy $X per month for Y months. It often helps to have a little bit applied each month as it's not as big of a shock as getting a bill for $ZZZ at the end of the cruise!

What is the advantage of purchasing OBC on a cruise if you are using the same account?

The benefit is to non American customers. I booked a cruise last year when £1 to 2$. Now £1 to 1.42$. However princess apply OBC at the rate you booked your cruise. So if i put an OBC of £500 I get $1000 not $710. A big incentive to buy OBC:)

The benefit is to non American customers. I booked a cruise last year when £1 to 2$. Now £1 to 1.42$. However princess apply OBC at the rate you booked your cruise. So if i put an OBC of £500 I get $1000 not $710. A big incentive to buy OBC:)

I agree.

Princess will gain in the long run as us Brits are now going to spend more. On our last cruise in January when we got a terrible exchange rate we were watching every penny.

I have bought some OBC at $2 for £1 and will now definately spend more on my next cruise.

I see that thanks!:D It even can be used by Americans that want to better manage what they spend on board.:)

I see that thanks!:D It even can be used by Americans that want to better manage what they spend on board.:)

A few cruises ago (such a blurr.....) I wish I would have had obc to allow myself more room for those spontaneous purchases or major travel delays on the return. . I'd rather have all known shipboard expenses already paid on my account, so my credit card will have room if needed. I only have one major credit card, so if I can prepay 'known expenses ' an they become an OBC, I feel like I'm paying myself and not on my card, and i'm very pleased..:)

Archived