Rank the Naples/Pompeii tour companies please

We are considering a couple of companies...........romeinlimo.com and tours-italy.com. Romeinlimo is 9 hours and does not include the entrance to Pompeii or the Emerald Grotto, or a a guide at Pompeii. tours-italy appears to have sub-contracted to tredy.com, and does include the entrance fees and a guide to Pompeii for the same price, but is only 7-8 hours.

Both include a drive up the Amalfi Coast.

My dilemna is that I have seen great ratings on CruiseCritic for RomeInLimo, but don't know about tours-italy/tredy.

Can anyone help? We are there in late June and want to get the tour booked for the 8 people.

We are considering a couple of companies...........romeinlimo.com and tours-italy.com. Romeinlimo is 9 hours and does not include the entrance to Pompeii or the Emerald Grotto, or a a guide at Pompeii. tours-italy appears to have sub-contracted to tredy.com, and does include the entrance fees and a guide to Pompeii for the same price, but is only 7-8 hours.

Both include a drive up the Amalfi Coast.

My dilemna is that I have seen great ratings on CruiseCritic for RomeInLimo, but don't know about tours-italy/tredy.

Can anyone help? We are there in late June and want to get the tour booked for the 8 people.

Difficult choice, during my research last year I found multiple tour companies that offered what looked to be similar, many with favorable feedback here. In the end we selected Romeinlimo, they were actually one of the most expensive options, but we contracted with them in 3 places and got a small discount, 50 Euros I think.

What finally swayed me, was pretty much universal postive feedback, the fact I could book 3 ports with them. I have to admit I have yet to find anyone trashing a guide/company here yet. Yes they were more expensive but in the end I figured what was the cost difference for our 11 people turned out to be something like 20-30 bucks difference. This simply wasn't enough a difference after factoring all the other money we spent to take a chance.

I agree in Naples they don't include guide or entrance so figure 100 Euros for Pompeii. We opted not to hire a guide here, a mistake as in the end even for the hour and half we spent there it would have been well worth the guide as that place is huge and I'm sure we missed out on many stories :(

Not saying go with Romeinlimo, but I agree with the many others that have posted recommendations on them. Very happy with the experience they gave us. If I was ever to get that way again and wanted a tour again, I'd hire them again versus save a hundred or two hundred euros.

I'm sure some of that difference goes into Duma's pocket for the reputation he built up and I'm sure some of it goes to his contract drivers too. All our drivers were very customer oriented, had immaculate and well kept vans.

Good luck with your planning

Difficult choice, during my research last year I found multiple tour companies that offered what looked to be similar, many with favorable feedback here. In the end we selected Romeinlimo, they were actually one of the most expensive options, but we contracted with them in 3 places and got a small discount, 50 Euros I think.

What finally swayed me, was pretty much universal postive feedback, the fact I could book 3 ports with them. I have to admit I have yet to find anyone trashing a guide/company here yet. Yes they were more expensive but in the end I figured what was the cost difference for our 11 people turned out to be something like 20-30 bucks difference. This simply wasn't enough a difference after factoring all the other money we spent to take a chance.

I agree in Naples they don't include guide or entrance so figure 100 Euros for Pompeii. We opted not to hire a guide here, a mistake as in the end even for the hour and half we spent there it would have been well worth the guide as that place is huge and I'm sure we missed out on many stories :(

Not saying go with Romeinlimo, but I agree with the many others that have posted recommendations on them. Very happy with the experience they gave us. If I was ever to get that way again and wanted a tour again, I'd hire them again versus save a hundred or two hundred euros.

I'm sure some of that difference goes into Duma's pocket for the reputation he built up and I'm sure some of it goes to his contract drivers too. All our drivers were very customer oriented, had immaculate and well kept vans.

Good luck with your planning

We have been to Pompeii twice and it is very important to have a good GUIDE. If I went again and did something differently I would still want a good guide who you can understand in Pompeii. When we went the first time we were not on a cruise, my husband was in the Army and we camped our way from Germany to Pompeii. We got a tour guide when we went in. I don't know if they still do that. Enjoy--remember this is a trip of a lifetime. The first trip we saw the first 40 yrs. of excavation and last year we saw the next 40 years, completely different areas were on the second tour. It was fantastic. Have a GREAT time!!

I am going to recommend we go with the more known company. Don't want to take any chances.

We are definitely going to request a licensed guide for Pompeii. It really is a once in a lifetime........carpe diem!

Archived