Menu Stagnancy

kimchee1212

Those who have posted about it have definitely mentioned meatloaf; I think also fajitas, and I don't recollect what else. If you search, maybe some posts will come up with specifics. But yes, in general, you're exactly right about what types of things would be "homestyle."

I had the steak fajitas, very good and tender steak, nice presentation. Also had the beef stroganoff (sp?), it was ok. They also had chicken pot pie and chili. I'm sure they had other offerings, but we didn't eat in the DR every night:)

We had 31 different menus on our 31 night Sapphire transpacific in Nov-Dec 2004. I was so impressed by it that I mentioned it to the Maitre De, and he had delivered to our cabin all 31, tied up with a ribbon the final night. I certainly had to rearrange to get all those into my carryon (and still stay under Qantas's 15 lb. carry on rule).

But, saying that, the menus on most of our Princess cruises have been more alike than different (with the exception of the addition of Home Style entrees, and that may be the reason we were so pleased to see them). You know, if it's the last night, it's Landfall dinner, and we get turkey, etc. It DOES get a bit boring. And, if for no other reason, I really enjoyed cruising a different cruise line a few weeks later, just to be (pleasantly) surprised again to see how another company does things.

It DOES get a bit boring. And, if for no other reason, I really enjoyed cruising a different cruise line a few weeks later, just to be (pleasantly) surprised again to see how another company does things.

I am surprised you were the first to mention this. After several RCI cruises I knew exactly what I did and did not like each evening. Dinner became a no-brainer. I liked the food, no problem there. however, I didn't realize how "routine" it had become until I took my first Princess cruise and was so excited to see the new choices. It was like I was a first time cruiser all over again as far as the meals went.:D Now our tablemates were frequent Princess cruisers and they had the "ho-hum" attitude I had begun to develop on my RCI cruises. I was so excited to see that plate of crablegs - and it wasn't even formal night!:D

I will be taking my second Princess cruise in a few weeks and have been looking forward to the Eggplant Parmesan once again. However, changing cruise lines does tend to "mix it up" a bit. BTW, the same goes for entertainment options, too.:cool:

Archived