Would you fly Singapore Airlines?

Coastaljen

Sorry. I got up at 3 a.m. yesterday to get ready for my 6 a.m. flight, and I read it wrong. Glad you let me know. :-)

Sure, it's just that some on these boards slam or denigrate all things US. I just want to make sure that an accurate picture is presented.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I will be the only negative response about SQ airlines. Or maybe it is to there over or under trained call center personel. I wanted to use AMEX points for a booking. I was given the itinerary from MIA to SIN and from PVQ to MIA with certain out of USA airlines to there gateway cities. After points where transfered, I was told that they do not do buisiness with one or two that where given to me. 3 nites of 10pm till 1:30AM, I was told that none of there Star Alliance partners would honor the points (160,000).

And points where not reversable. So I had to buy 2 tickets to JFK for outbound and 2 tickets from IAH to MIA.

So if you are going to use points with SQ, then get the route confirmed before you tranfer the points.

• 3 weeks later...
I hate to sound like a wimp, and flying doesn't normally bother me, but I knew nothing about SA before I booked them yesterday for my flights at Christmas.

Today I started thinking I really should look into their safety record. I happened to "wander" onto a website (not a safety website) where people were discussing how SA doesn't have adequate training, have a poor record of safety, etc. They mentioned some fatal crashes, etc...

Now I normally love, love, love flying, but I go with airlines I know which make me feel safe... Delta and Qantas.

Do you feel like SA is safe? I honestly don't know the difference between any of the airlines in Asia..and I "thought" I recognized the name of this one, as opposed to some with China and Korea in the title, so I booked it.

Thoughts?!!!

All I can say is that I am very jealous of you! When I plan a trip to Asia they are the Airline I plan to use and from every Conde Nast Travel to airline review websites there has been nothing but the best reviews for SA.

It was a pretty cheap flight. That is why I bought it. It was about $l,200 for a ticket SFO to Singapore and then Hong Kong back to SFO. I used free delta miles to get to and from SFO. I did notice the price has gone up. The ticket is for Dec-Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

You can not beat Singapore Airlines. They are 2nd to none. Brilliant service and spot on.

Looking forward to my next trip with them to Sydney in 2010, great prices in their sale for a great service all for under £400 return:D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Let me jump into this 5 year old thread.

I am from Singapore, a Singaporean, and very proud of Singapore Airlines. We don't fly with them all the time (as they can get rather expensive), but I would still shout out for them. Try them out if you get the chance to.

Let me share some flight review videos that I have made in recent times.

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ 308 Singapore to London in Economy

[YOUTUBE]rBr4A0a1WaA[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ 305 London to Singapore in Economy with a Darth Vader Cameo

[YOUTUBE]9DQ1rE2-T8Q[/YOUTUBE]

If you are into Business Class travel, then you should definitely try Singapore Airlines.

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ 322 - Singapore to London - Business Class

[YOUTUBE]r9ocU6H2bWc[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ 321 - London to Singapore - Business Class

[YOUTUBE]27537z5b0Mo[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers!