Coral princess Vs. Infinity

cruzinj

I just booked on the coral princess (choosing it over Brilliance), for an eight day canal trip 12/20/04.. The ship was practically full, but my TA got me in:cool:.

About a year ago, I sailed on the Infinity and loved it. I'd like to know how they compare since they are the same size. I found the infinity to be a beautiful ship, Is the coral EVEN more beautiful? I hope so!! I'm so excited for my cruise! Anyways, I know X would win for food, and service- but I've had great food, and service on both lines so it's not a big issue for me. How about entertainment, and nightlife? It's over christmas break, so I'd expect a younger crowd. I'd just like to know how they compare, so I know what to expect for the coral!:D

Thanks,

cruzinj

P.S. I CAN'T WAIT!.... JUST A FEW MORE WEEKS! ANYONE ELSE COMING 12/20:)

I have been on the Coral and like Largin loved the ship. I will be going on the Infinity next May back to Alaska. It will be my first time on Celebrity and the Infinity. But unfortuntely I cannot compare right now but I know you will love the Coral. Perfect size ship just like the Infinity.

Marilyn

I've not been on the Infinity, but I've been on the Millennium, which is more or less the same ship as Infinity. I've also been on the Coral.

I enjoyed the Coral more. As for beauty, I'd rate the Coral prettier from an external standpoint for sure. Internally, which is what affects you most...I'd say it's a tie. They are beautiful in different ways.

A few other things:

POOLS

Millennium's thalossotherapy pool had a lot of artificial plants in them which had faded from sun exposure, and what would normally be viewed as outstanding was taken down a notch.

The indoor pool on the Coral, though not thalossotherapy, was very nice, with little thatched huts over the hot tub areas.

The outdoor pool on the Coral was also generally more attractive and laid out nicer than Millennium, in my opinion.

ATRIUM

The Millennium atrium is equally as attractive as the Coral, for me. It's a more subtle approach.

The Coral has some interesting neon in the atrium, and is overall more glitzy than the Millennium...and yet tasteful at the same time.

CABINS

Millennium definitely had a nicer, bigger shower area in the standard cabins than the Coral did. Other than that, there is not a huge difference between them. Both are very nice, as far as storage and level of attractiveness.

ENTERTAINMENT

For me, I found many more entertainment options on the Coral than I did on Millennium. Many more activities scheduled throughout the day, and there is even a pottery class you can take. Not just painting the stuff, but actually 'throwing' it. Millennium activities also seemed to be skewed toward the same demographic (older passengers) while the Coral had more of a variety for all ages.

FOOD

It's all subjective, really. I personally find the food quality to be the same on both ships, except that Millennium had more variety and were consistently serving wonderful appetizers at different times of the day in the entertainment lounges. The appetizer thing does not happen on the Coral.

SHIP NOISE/MOVEMENT

I have never experienced the kind of noise and vibration on Princess that I experienced on Millennium. Maybe the smaller ships of Celebrity don't have this problem, but it was very pronounced and annoying...if only for small intervals. I've been on two Princess ships in very high seas and I experienced nothing like I did on Millennium (and the seas weren't even rough). I don't think the larger Celebrity ships have their azipod system kinks worked out. So for me, the Coral comes out far ahead of Millennium in this aspect. In fact, I don't think I'll ever cruise Celebrity on this size of a ship because of it. I'd be interested in the Horizon or Galaxy though. They don't have azipods. The Coral does, but as I say...somehow their system works better (once again...my opinion after only one cruise with Celebrity).

SUMMARY:

They're both excellent vacation options, outside of the movement/noise thing I experienced with Millennium. I tend to lean more towards Princess because the cruise staff seems consistently more 'fun' and less 'aloof.' Celebrity is not 'stuffy' but Princess is just more my kind of vacation.

Thanks Argosy for the comparison of the Coral and Infinity. I really like the Coral but I wanted to try Celebrity as she sails out of San Francisco( I live 90 miles east of S.F.) and the Infinity has the same Alaska itiniery as the old Sky Princess used to have. Now the Regal of which there is nothing wrong with the ship but I just do not care for the itiniery. Agains thanks for the comparison.

Marilyn

I've been on Coral and Summit. I prefer the Coral and think overall she is a prettier ship -- although I do prefer the look of the M-class dining rooms. However, I like personal choice dining, so I realize a large two-tiered dining room wouldn't work with PC.

Not to nitpick, but I don't think Coral has azipods, she has a rudder.

Actually Celebrity doesn't have azipods either, that's a brand name, they have Mercury pods (which are cheaper than azipods, I understand, and that is why they have had so much trouble with them).

I've been on Coral and Summit. I prefer the Coral and think overall she is a prettier ship -- although I do prefer the look of the M-class dining rooms. However, I like personal choice dining, so I realize a large two-tiered dining room wouldn't work with PC.

Not to nitpick, but I don't think Coral has azipods, she has a rudder.

Actually Celebrity doesn't have azipods either, that's a brand name, they have Mercury pods (which are cheaper than azipods, I understand, and that is why they have had so much trouble with them).

Ahh...yes. How could I forget the gorgeous two tiered dining rooms on the Millennium. They truly are beautiful and are much more so than the Coral. The Coral dining rooms are fine. They just don't have that WOW factor.

Thanks for the correction on azipods versus rudder. I've also been on the Golden and I guess that's where I got confused. I did not know the Mercury pods were cheaper! That's news to me. At any rate...they have caused several cruise cancellations for repair work, and Celebrity is in litigation with the manufacturer (so I've been told).

I can't speak for Infinity, but as for Millennium...as for the overall WOW factor...I didn't see it.

The main dining room, YES. Just so much prettier than the Coral's dining rooms. As for everything else overall, lounges, atriums, pools: I did not think the Millennium outshone the Coral.

Archived