i'm starting a new support group at cruise critic...

johno95

It's going to be called Packaholics Anonymous. For people afraid to pack. Here are the basic tenents:

1. I am powerless over the fear of cruise packing, and the fear of forgetting something. I am cruise ship jelly.

2. One day at a time. I will pack one item each day.

3. I will forgive myself. If I forget to pack something, it's ok. I can always buy it at the Marshall's in San Juan. Or pick it up at the store on the ship.

4. It really isn't my wife's job to pack stuff. I should get out of the recliner, put down the beer, and ask if I can help.

5. A higher power is not going on a cruise with me. A higher power will not throw anything into a suitcase. I've got to just do it myself.

6. Once I get on the ship, I'll be ok. I will expect to discover something I forgot. If I get anxious when I discover I have no underwear, I will go have a beer. Then I will buy underwear briefs on the Lido Deck at $10 dollars a pair. Everything will be ok. Now the cruise will cost $3,070.00.

7. When I get home, I will throw all the stuff from the suitcase into an empty room. I will leave it there for the next sailing.

(My apologies to AA.)

:)

It's going to be called Packaholics Anonymous. For people afraid to pack. Here are the basic tenents:

1. I am powerless over the fear of cruise packing, and the fear of forgetting something. I am cruise ship jelly.

2. One day at a time. I will pack one item each day.

3. I will forgive myself. If I forget to pack something, it's ok. I can always buy it at the Marshall's in San Juan. Or pick it up at the store on the ship.

4. It really isn't my wife's job to pack stuff. I should get out of the recliner, put down the beer, and ask if I can help.

5. A higher power is not going on a cruise with me. A higher power will not throw anything into a suitcase. I've got to just do it myself.

6. Once I get on the ship, I'll be ok. I will expect to discover something I forgot. If I get anxious when I discover I have no underwear, I will go have a beer. Then I will buy underwear briefs on the Lido Deck at $10 dollars a pair. Everything will be ok. Now the cruise will cost $3,070.00.

7. When I get home, I will throw all the stuff from the suitcase into an empty room. I will leave it there for the next sailing.

(My apologies to AA.)

My DH Bill said if he forgot his underwear he'd just go commando and still have a beer!

This thread did bring up this question though:

Suppose a man, being the good husband that he wants to/better be carefully packs his tuxedo and all the accessories. He wants to ensure that he can accompany his wife to the Formal Nights, which she absolutely lives for. However, when he gets to his cabin onboard the ship all he can picture is his shiny black, size 14, dress shoes neatly packed in the shoe bag still sitting on the bed at home, thousands of miles away.

In a panic he digs through his suitcase and finds his 10 year old flip-flops, his brand new sparkling white running shoes and on his feet are his 3 year old red Crocs. (That he wore for ease of removal at the airport.)

Any advice on his options for formal night?

Pearl

I agree with Treven. Your on a cruise. Whats more appropriate than flip-flops. Of course that is only if you ship will let you get away with it. Maybe the ship has a few extra shoes for just such an occasion. It would be just like wearing bowling shoes.

I agree with Treven. Your on a cruise. Whats more appropriate than flip-flops. Of course that is only if you ship will let you get away with it. Maybe the ship has a few extra shoes for just such an occasion. It would be just like wearing bowling shoes.

1. rent shoes at the tux shop

2. go into the bathroom, find an inebriated guy in a stall, and steal his shoes. (Make sure they're the right size.)

3. Does the ship have a door-to-door shoe shining service? Need I say more?

A magic marker could work on the CROCs. But where was the cruise? Was it Hawaii,? Seems like the slippa's would be fine.

Hawaii from LA. 15 days and the first 5 are sea days, so there is no hope of finding a shoe store.

Pearl

Archived