Separate Dining for Suites?

KAKcruiser

We just got home 3 weeks ago from spending 21 days on the Statendam and we didn't have any place special to have breakfast or lunch.

The King's Room is now part of the Pinnacle.

The Queen's Room was being used as storage area for the big bins of dirty table clothes, etc.

And the Pinnacle was open for lunch - $10 per person.

You can have continental breakfast in the Neptune. And snacks that could be considered a light lunch are also available in the Neptune in the afternoon.

We actually enjoyed the Continental/European style breakfest in the Neptune. We ended up doing that more often and just bringing it back to the cabin and enjoy out on the balcony:D

We (almost) always order Room Service breakfast and go into Neptune Lounge for coffee and maybe a little fruit or something else that appeals to us.

We never really enjoyed the King's/Queen's Room/Pinnacle for breakfast and do not miss it. I am sorry for those that did like that availability and now miss it. The few times we went it was deserted and we were just about alone in the room.

We were on Prinsendam for the transatlantic crossing just 3 weeks ago. The Pinnacle grill was open for breakfast and lunch for suite guests only every day. Menu was the same as in the regular dining room. I liked it very much!

Also, the Indonesian suite lunch took place in the Pinnacle on the last sea day.

Marc

We just got home 3 weeks ago from spending 21 days on the Statendam ...

And the Pinnacle was open for lunch - $10 per person.

I hadn't heard this before! Was the lunch menu similar to Pinnacle's dinner menu, or something entirely different? I hope this option is available on Westerdam in 10 days.

Happy cruising,

Susan

The Pinnacle lunch for $10 per person was a new feature on the Statendam. Very few people ate there. One day we were the only customers. The entrees served at lunch were eventually offered for dinner in the main dining room.

Appetizers:

Grilled prawn bruschetta

Mediterranean antipasto plate

Scallops creme brulee

Northwest five onion soup

Chilled carrot & ginger soup

Chiffanade of greens & tomato tower salad

Entrees:

Alaskan halibut sandwich

Pacific rim beef salad

Penne with lemon basil sauce & grilled chicken breast

Crab & shrimp cake

The Pinnacle burger

Sterling tenderloin Oregan blue cheese crust

Vetetarian couscous

Dessert:

Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet

chocolate brownie decadence

Orange & lime panna cotta

Ice creams & sorbets

Fruit plate

Thanks for posting the menu, Krazy Kruizers! I'm drooling onto my keyboard already. I'll be interested to see if the Pinnacle lunch is offered on Westerdam. It might be fun to try.

Just over one week to go ... but who's counting?

Happy cruising,

Susan

On Prinsendam, breakfast and lunch for Suite guests in the Pinnacle was free. The menu was the same as in the main diningroom. The difference was that you had a more private and elegant surrounding. And the waiters were always the same as well, so they could anticipate your wishes.

Marc

Was breakfast in the Pinnacle free for suite guests? Going on the Zuiderdam in one week!

Jeff

Pinnacle lunch was available on the Zuiderdam for guests beginning with the Nov 20 sailing. DH and I were told that was the first week for Pinnacle lunch on the Zui. It was available to all guests for $10 pp and available 12:00-1:00. No shorts/jeans/etc.

Archived