Nassau/St. Martin/St. Thomas for a 2yo

my $.02

A 2 year old won't really care what you do, as long as you're there, too, and having fun! Beaches are good, for a while--it can get hot and the sun can be a problem, so shorter trips are in order.

Just because the ship is docked for 8-10 hours, doesn't mean you have to stay ashore that long....go back for naps, meals, etc....the ship is nice when the majority of folks aren't there.

Just got back from 8 night cruise with a 14 month old. We went to Coral World in St.Thomas. It was good for children. He could look at the fish and there was a small area you could touch starfish clams stringrays etc. The views were beautiful too! It is right next to a beach and you can use the bathrooms/showers. St.Martin we just strolled. DH and I went snorkeling while Grandma kept baby!;)

lilrere, that place does look great.

Question, how did you get there and how was the ride? Also, if you want by car/bus, did you just hold your little one or have a seat? ALso, did you book on your own or through the ship?

We have been to St Thomas a few times and usually go to Megans Bay. BUT my wife is very nervouce about the ride with my son.

lilrere, that place does look great.

Question, how did you get there and how was the ride? Also, if you want by car/bus, did you just hold your little one or have a seat? ALso, did you book on your own or through the ship?

We have been to St Thomas a few times and usually go to Megans Bay. BUT my wife is very nervouce about the ride with my son.

Sorry I am just replying! We went by taxi. We thought about doing the excursion through the ship but it was cheaper and it was on our time so we just got off the boat and there was LOTS of taxis lined up and we told them where we wanted to go and there were multiple people waiting to go to Coral World or the beach so we got a van. They will put you in a van if you have a small child and a stroller. We held him in our arms which I was a little nervous about but it was about a 20 minute ride with a couple of stops. We dropped off a couple at Sapphire beach and it looked very pretty too! It was 10 dollars a person one way and we probably could have bargained but we didn't. Baby was free. They also gave us coupons for Coral World and I was told most taxi drivers will have the coupons. I think it was just a couple dollars off but every little bit helps. On the taxi back we got them to take us by Megan's Bay so pretty!! The roads seemed safe to me compared to some I have been on in Central America:eek:

DSC05853.jpg.f884b42c6b1f2845faff3137eed54830.jpg

DSC05833.jpg.1188f2e4609d49f79742a1c324fdfbcb.jpg

Archived