Carnival Sumgglers Unite!!!! Post smuggle pics here!

OZjones12

How do you order rum runners and exactly what kind of drink is it?

Ask the bartender for a rum runner.

Sorry I had to, Rum Runners are plastic flasks that are used to smuggle alcohol onto the ship. The basically look like the bag from a box of wine. They're made of thin plastic that doesn't show up on scanners. Google rum runners and there you have it.

Loyal Carnival customers--- Why would anyone waste the time and effort on rum runners? DH has always done a fine job of packing the liqour in its ORIGINAL packaging! No reason for RRers-- if u can pack well!!

I overall agree that you have very high odds of getting reg. booze through without issues. RRers slightly improves those high odds. :)

looks like you people had some great fun with your onboard Booty ...:D

But how are you going to deal with Carnival`s New policy ? of handing over your cases Unlocked at the pier so that they can go through them to see if you have any of the many bottles that have been carried onboard ? which will then be removed without your being there and handed back at the end of the cruise!

Looks like an Arguement Minefield to me.

Did you "smuggle" anything on board since January?

I was wonder just how strict and serious Carnival is being with the xraying of all luggage and not permitting you to lock them?:eek:

Let me know if anything has changed since January? And if anyone has had any problems?

Thank you

Darlene

My cousin works airport security and has told me that thick plastic bottles show up as a faint "grayness" on the screen, but you can clearly see the screw-top grooves. The Rum Runners are so thin and made with less dense plastic that they are virtually invisible to baggage scanners.

I read that "they" Carnival are looking for Rum Runners also? :(

When did you cruise last and use these?

Thank you

Darlene

That beer had to be heavy! Was that before the weight limit? :confused:

The Rum runners look like wine bladders to me. Wouldn't that draw more attention than just a small bottle (plastic)

Darlene

Not if they don't show up AT ALL on the scanners ;) (RR that is)

Just got off Carnival Destiny Jan 11th, 2010. I had 2 large rum runners and 2 small ones packed in one suitcase that I checked....as you can see they made it on board no problem, and so did the 4 rum runners my friend packed in her checked suitcase! Happy drinking, I plan on doubling the amount when I pack for my Dream cruise next month!!!! Mindy;)

232323232%7Ffp53373%3Enu%3D3245%3E3%3C5%3E675%3EWSNRCG%3D335583%3A4%3B7325nu0mrj

Great thread. Loving all the pictures. So funny. People need to relax about the whole thing. The cruise lines make odd rules, we find odd ways to go around them.

Last year we took two bottles of vodka to a local winery and had them bottle it up, cork it, and foil wrap the top. It looked just like white wine, and took up the same amount of space on board. Except for us not liking wine, why should anyone else care if I have wine or vodka in that bottle?

Smuggle on!

PS

Even with our booty aboard, us four adults still spent over $2,000 on ship drinks on a five day cruise. Do you think CCL made money?

I know what rum runners are. I know what the Monkey Head club is. I know what the balcony club is. I don't know what the Whale Tail Club is.

Than you have not met my mother-in-law yet. :D

:eek: I spewed my drink all over my computer screen and desk. That comment is hysterical!!!!

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard!!! Coodohs:p

I know what rum runners are.:p I know what the Monkey Head club is.:rolleyes: I know what the balcony club is.;) I don't know what the Whale Tail Club is. :confused:

I hope this doesn't open a can of worms, but here goes any way.

The Whale Tail club is nothing more than a bunch of people that post here on CC that have or are planning on cruising on Carnival. A fun loving group that wants nothing more than a common ground for a good vacation on board. There are no underlying proclivities or fetishes, regardless of what some people may think. The Whale Tail (smoke stack, funnel)was chosen because it is pretty much an identifying symbol of Carnival. Anyone can join by simply going the the main thread in this forum that bares the name. Each person usually makes up an unofficial title and adds that along with the pic of the WT to their signature. The club does have a CC group cruise planned in July this year, if you are so inclined check them out. They are some really good, fun loving folks.

Here is a link to the thread. The second post of the thread explains the club much more economically than my attempt.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=980684&highlight=whale+tail

Sorry for the hi jack folks, just a bit protective of the club's name. Now back to regular programming.

• 2 months later...
Love this pic! Love this thread! Can you pour a glass of wine in your room and take it with you to the dining room?

I personally have not done it...but I bet there are people who have. The dining room would not know if you were bringing it from the bar or your room...

Now I have brought my own soda to the dining room....I ask for a glass of ice from my waiter and open and pour. They never seem to have a problem with it.:)

Took four bottles of rum & tequila in rum runners and delivered to room in checked luggage no problem. Took 3 bottles of wine also and yes, I filled my glass before heading down to the formal dinner. We were using their glasses so they had no idea where it came from. I doubt they cared anyway.

Archived