Best Balcony rooms on Oasis

Recommend that you look at the deck plans closely before you decide. You are right that the hump and aft balcony rooms are usually the first to be taken. On the Oasis there are other things to consider. There are many other "balcony" cabins that over look the inside of the ship besides those that look out over the ocean. So you will want to decide if you want an inside balcony or outside balcony.

For the outside balcony I think the hump balconies are the larger and more expensive types such as the junior suite and larger. So, if this is beyond one's budget then you will need to look at cabins not on the hump. I prefer those just aft (behind) of the center stairway/elevators but not right behind a hump (because the hump balconies could interfere with line of sight just a bit.

As for the AFT balcony this is a bit different on the Oasis because the rear or aft of the ship is where the aqua shows will be located so there won't be any true 100% aft staterooms although some of those closer to the aqua center will command a higher price.

One thing you may also want to keep in mind when choosing an outside balcony is the deck it is on. Without being on the ship yet it is hard to tell but I would select a balcony on deck 7 or higher depending how far the life boats stick out from the side ship on deck 5. There are no obstructions looking out over the sea but there may be some protrusions (edge of lifeboats) looking straight down from the balcony on the lower decks. Again, it is hard to say without being on the ship and trying it out.

There are so many choices for balconies and I recommend that you download a copy of the deck plans - or get a brochure from a travel agent - and then you can make a better decision about which balcony stateroom you might like. Hey, inside staterooms aren't bad either.

Also, it is said that being mid ship at a lower level will reduce the feeling of motion - which is generally very little (aside from heavy seas) on the large ships.

Enjoy your cruise no matter what stateroom you choose - have fun, relax, and enjoy RCI's newest cruise ship.

I'm posting my question here as well:

Happy Easter everyone. I am contemplating a Crown Loft Suite (CL-Deck 17) on Oasis and have a couple of questions C&A was unable to answer. There would be 3 of us staying in this cabin, and I am wondering if there will be 2 tvs -- one in the loft sleeping area and one on the main level of the cabin? C&A told me that the cabin will overlook the Solarium -- is the Solarium partially covered on the Oasis so that we would be overlooking something with a glare? That would be awful.

I admit I haven't studied all of the schematics yet:o so if anyone knows, I'd be grateful if you could help me out. Thanks!:)

I'm posting my question here as well:

Happy Easter everyone. I am contemplating a Crown Loft Suite (CL-Deck 17) on Oasis and have a couple of questions C&A was unable to answer. There would be 3 of us staying in this cabin, and I am wondering if there will be 2 tvs -- one in the loft sleeping area and one on the main level of the cabin? C&A told me that the cabin will overlook the Solarium -- is the Solarium partially covered on the Oasis so that we would be overlooking something with a glare? That would be awful.

I admit I haven't studied all of the schematics yet:o so if anyone knows, I'd be grateful if you could help me out. Thanks!:)

Yes, the cabin will have two flat-panel TV's. A smaller one upstairs in the bedroom, and a second larger TV downstairs.

FYI none of the Crown Lofts will overlook the Solarium. Those on the sides of Deck 17 will overlook the ocean, and the Crown Loft's facing aft will overlook the Sports Court, Oasis Dunes (minature golf course), and the large opening that leads down to the Boardwalk and Aqua Theater (10 decks down!). Personally I would get one on the side if I could.

Ernie

Have not done alot of reseach on this ship,So what's the best? Hump? Aft? Or something else? You know the ones that are scooped up first.

Thanks in advance.

On OASIS there are no longer any standard aft facing cabins. The only true aft facing cabins are the Aqua Suites and Crown Loft suites. There are some Boardwalk balcony cabins where you can see aft, but they don't face aft. You would have to go out on your balcony and either turn left or right, and the aft view would be in the distance.

There are a couple side facing "humps" on OASIS. Royal Caribbean finally got smart and now charges a premium for these cabins because of the larger balcony. On the forward hump are standard balcony cabins, category D1 which is the highest grade for standard balcony cabins. The balcony is 80 sq ft instead of 50 sq ft. The cabin itself is no different. On the aft hump, all the cabins are pretty much suites and junior suites.

Ernie

Archived