How much is a soda card?

afairbro

If you have a fridge...just bring your own! I am not a coffee drinker, I am a diet pepsi drinker. Try finding a bar on the ship open at 6am for my soda? We always pack a duffle bag with Diet Pepsi and Water and check it in with our bags. I use the bag on the way home if I buy too much stuff! You can also purchase soda in ports and carry it on. Unlike Alcohol, where they take it away from you if you try and carry it on, they will let you carry on water and soda.

And Yes...with the soda card you can get juices at any of the bars...

If you have a fridge...just bring your own! I am not a coffee drinker, I am a diet pepsi drinker. Try finding a bar on the ship open at 6am for my soda? We always pack a duffle bag with Diet Pepsi and Water and check it in with our bags. I use the bag on the way home if I buy too much stuff! You can also purchase soda in ports and carry it on. Unlike Alcohol, where they take it away from you if you try and carry it on, they will let you carry on water and soda.

And Yes...with the soda card you can get juices at any of the bars...

If you don't have a soda card and are willing to drink coke, you can get a can delivered to your cabin from room service at 6 a.m. or any time.

Just order a coke and share:D Seriously it is not a problem if you order one and then order another......

I've never had a soda card, but have been sitting at a bar more than once when a person has asked for one soda, then walked away and walked right back up and been denied the second one since it was obvious they had given the first one to someone else.

I've never had a soda card, but have been sitting at a bar more than once when a person has asked for one soda, then walked away and walked right back up and been denied the second one since it was obvious they had given the first one to someone else.

That is ridiculous........that person could have just as easily dropped her soda.......

We have actually had waiters bring us 2;)

I am going on my first Carnival Cruise..do they have soda cups like Royal Caribbean(souvenier-spelling) that they let you keep when you purchase the soda card and you use that as your cup all week?or do they just give you standard plastic cup.

Scoop

Hey folks... my PVP gave me the exact pricing for the soda cards for our 7 nt on Splendor... and this is if you purchase after departure in order to aviod the tax:

Soda Card - $5.50/day for adults, plus 15% gratuity = $44.25

Soda Card - $4.00/day for kids, plus 15% gratuity = $32.25

Hope that helps.

Hi folks... just off the Splendor 2 days ago and felt I should update the info I had posted pre-cruise regarding the pricing of the soda, at least for the Splendor - I can't speak to the details about soda on the other ships in the fleet. Our cost for 2 adults and 2 kids soda cards was exactly $169 US. We did not get the souvenier cups for $7 or $9. The thing that really surprised me is that it is all CANNED pop... NOT fountain pop!! I mean everywhere!! They have cans at every single bar and beverage counter on the ship - I repeat - THERE ARE NO FOUNTAIN POP MACHINES - IT IS ALL 100% CANNED SODA POP!! And, it's all Coke products.

Stay tuned... review to come soon.. just takes me a couple days to write it.:rolleyes:

Hi folks... just off the Splendor 2 days ago and felt I should update the info I had posted pre-cruise regarding the pricing of the soda, at least for the Splendor - I can't speak to the details about soda on the other ships in the fleet. Our cost for 2 adults and 2 kids soda cards was exactly $169 US. We did not get the souvenier cups for $7 or $9. The thing that really surprised me is that it is all CANNED pop... NOT fountain pop!! I mean everywhere!! They have cans at every single bar and beverage counter on the ship - I repeat - THERE ARE NO FOUNTAIN POP MACHINES - IT IS ALL 100% CANNED SODA POP!! And, it's all Coke products.

Stay tuned... review to come soon.. just takes me a couple days to write it.:rolleyes:

Carnival has never had fountain sodas in the 10 years we have been cruising with them.........all the ships we have been on they have had the cans.........

Carnival has never had fountain sodas in the 10 years we have been cruising with them.........all the ships we have been on they have had the cans.........

Really? I never knew that! I was so surprised by it... it just didn't seem as efficient or cost effective, but don't get me wrong, I preferred it in cans!!:D I guess what threw me is that on Princess last year it was fountain pop, no cans unless people specifically requested - and paid for - cans.

The only problem with cans is that they were usually not refrigerated, so when they would fill a cup with ice and pop, it would melt the ice rather quickly thus watering down the pop.

Archived