well im back from cruising

thied

Sounds like you had a great time Thied. So pleased you were not put off to much buy the problems with the ship. Does your wife love cruising as much as you????

yes we allways cruise and have hols as a family

Loving it so far Steve!

I cannt believe you got a bridge tour you lucky so and so!!!!! :p:p

I didnt think they did that anymore?

So- why were people kicked off???? :confused:

Tell us more!!!!!!!!! :)

all i can say is that a 15 yr old was kicked off and his family had to as well and the bridge tour is true yes very lucky

no we didnt win Bingo but some one here did but ill let them you about that. yes a family did get kicked off at port villa but we cant say to much about that atm.and one older couple went got off at villa for some family problem at home, and there was one couple got off at savu savu because of medical problems there was one rumer of one guy put off at the first port for peeeing over ther side of the ship but the peeing part was right but he only got into a litlle bit of trouble for that.Comps lol in our group we had 5 adults and two chilren 2.5 hrs and 11hrs one of us own the best dressed cow boy and we own the scap heep challange withe our boat we made, it had to carry 24 cans of beer 2 laps of the lido pool after we own we made it to a esxy and gave most of the beer away mostly to the other competors we all had fun by the way the ships catains name was Charlie Carr we name it pacific charlie carp

You all should have been kicked off and put on a decent ship, late into Noumea and missing Suva with engine trouble AGAIN and the excuse having to slow down because of rough seas. Does the QM2 slow down for rough seas when it has to keep a six day timetable on the north Atlantic? NYC-Southampton some of the roughest seas you will ever experience no way she slows down.

You all should have been kicked off and put on a decent ship, late into Noumea and missing Suva with engine trouble AGAIN and the excuse having to slow down because of rough seas. Does the QM2 slow down for rough seas when it has to keep a six day timetable on the north Atlantic? NYC-Southampton some of the roughest seas you will ever experience no way she slows down.

Our ships are still fantastic. They may be older but we still have a fabulous time. The thing is, sometimes rough weather happens, it happens. Not the fault of P&O and it is great passengers still have a fun time despite that. :)

It wouldn't worry me to be late into a port because at least I would be on a cruise! :D

Loving it so far Steve!

I cannt believe you got a bridge tour you lucky so and so!!!!! :p:p

I didnt think they did that anymore?

:)

They certainly don't advetise them anymore. Sometimes, if you just ask, you might be lucky. It will depend on the Captain. We just got off the PD and had Lorenzo Paoletti and he is very strict about it. As he said, if he says yes to one passenger, then he has to say yes to all. He did, however do a virtual bridge tour in the showlounge. It went for 2 hours & it was packed in there. If anyone ever gets the chance to go to this, do so. It was fantastic. He is a great captain with a great sense of humour.

Does the QM2 slow down for rough seas when it has to keep a six day timetable on the north Atlantic? NYC-Southampton some of the roughest seas you will ever experience no way she slows down.

The QM2 is actually built to handle the Atlantic crossings, from its size, down to the structure at the front that channels the water away from the cabins when it plunges into waves, the first ship I believe to be built this way.....

The QM2 is actually built to handle the Atlantic crossings, from its size, down to the structure at the front that channels the water away from the cabins when it plunges into waves, the first ship I believe to be built this way.....

That is true. And, I think any good Captain would slow down and miss a port if he feels cruising at normal speed would be either uncomfortable or dangerous to passengers.

I know I would rather have a safe, comfortably journey and miss a port rather than the alternative.

That is true. And, I think any good Captain would slow down and miss a port if he feels cruising at normal speed would be either uncomfortable or dangerous to passengers.

I know I would rather have a safe, comfortably journey and miss a port rather than the alternative.

hi all i dont now if have siad it before but we late getting noumea but we did leave on time and were on time to go to Suva when we broke down, at a guess about 60% of the poeple on the ship were first time cruises and were very scared about it i saw a many older people in tiers, and know that this may sound funny but a lot of people thought the ship didnt roll or move much when at sea some thought it would just like being in big resort on land, there are some realy nieve people in this world,I do hope that these people that thought that way will go on a cruise ship again, I was talking to a couple of people and they thought it would be just like in the adds on tv the hole cruise, in wich it is most of the time i must say.

Our ships are still fantastic. They may be older but we still have a fabulous time. The thing is, sometimes rough weather happens, it happens. Not the fault of P&O and it is great passengers still have a fun time despite that. :)

It wouldn't worry me to be late into a port because at least I would be on a cruise! :D

I'm with you Strawberrypatch, the destination is second to the cruise itself (else one would simply fly) Would be a dissapointment though if you had booked a tour.

Thanks Thied, enjoyed your review. I may also have been like the older people on your trip when the power failed. Perhaps as you age you tend to visualize potential danger more, I know I do. Still, I would have been MORE concerned if on a plane and the power failed.LOL

Would be a dissapointment though if you had booked a tour.

We had a tour booked in Suva which I was really looking forward to. But, these things can't be helped and instead of whinging about it, we continued to enjoy our cruise. AND had an extra $380 to spend on cocktails;):D.

As we said to a few people we met who had never been to Suva.............if we're going to miss a port, Suva is the one to miss. Unless yo have a tour booked, it really has nothing going for it.

I'm with you Strawberrypatch, the destination is second to the cruise itself (else one would simply fly) Would be a dissapointment though if you had booked a tour.

Thanks Thied, enjoyed your review. I may also have been like the older people on your trip when the power failed. Perhaps as you age you tend to visualize potential danger more, I know I do. Still, I would have been MORE concerned if on a plane and the power failed.LOL

I agree with you wadago - cruising is what its all about! To be honest if we didnt have any stops I wouldnt care - except Mystery Island am looking forward to that.

To Steve

Thanks for an awesome and honest review. I'm loving reading it. We had Morgan Kent (rod stewart) on our cruise with the Sun 2 years ago and I actually wastn too impressed - he must have improved. And what a relief to hear Zoltina is not CD though I never had her just the bad reviews. We had Demo on our cruise and he is fantastic so I'll be really looking forward to his Adult only show.

Please please expand on the kicking off of people. also I heard from someone (not from this site) that a newlywed couple were cruising and he drained all the funds and took off on the next island and left her. True? im not sure thought u may have heard.

Also I heard that the dunny's blocked up from deck 10 is this true?

Thanks Liz

I agree with you wadago - cruising is what its all about! To be honest if we didnt have any stops I wouldnt care - except Mystery Island am looking forward to that.

To Steve

Thanks for an awesome and honest review. I'm loving reading it. We had Morgan Kent (rod stewart) on our cruise with the Sun 2 years ago and I actually wastn too impressed - he must have improved. And what a relief to hear Zoltina is not CD though I never had her just the bad reviews. We had Demo on our cruise and he is fantastic so I'll be really looking forward to his Adult only show.

Please please expand on the kicking off of people. also I heard from someone (not from this site) that a newlywed couple were cruising and he drained all the funds and took off on the next island and left her. True? im not sure thought u may have heard.

Also I heard that the dunny's blocked up from deck 10 is this true?

Thanks Liz

yes demo has a great adult only show very crude but very funny and he use to be cruise directer for P&O. yes there were a few dunnys blocked up i know 7 near us and one of them was ours,yes the young cple i did chat to them a few times very nice the ships doctor lost his meds for a few hrs and i dont what happened to them because i never saw them again after savusavu i do know that they were not happy with the ships doctor or the cruise.

I Please please expand on the kicking off of people. also I heard from someone (not from this site) that a newlywed couple were cruising and he drained all the funds and took off on the next island and left her. True? im not sure thought u may have heard. Thanks Liz

hi Liz,

I wonder if it is the Pacific Dawn cruise you heard about. The male partner of a couple of their honeymoon was put off in Vila for sitting on the rail of the ship. Because it was going to cost a lot to get home, his bride stayed on the ship, but we heard that she was complaining that she didn't have any money. I wonder if this is the instance that you heard about.

Evon.

Well, finally home in Rockhampton - best part of the cruise was meeting CCers Thied and Lilly and families - we had a ball except for the breakdown and missing ports - after being late into Noumea and then breaking down and missing Suva I was ready to come home.

Well to break the suspense it was my wife who won just over eight hundred bucks on bingo and much to her credit she did shout a few drinks that night

Well, finally home in Rockhampton - best part of the cruise was meeting CCers Thied and Lilly and families - we had a ball except for the breakdown and missing ports - after being late into Noumea and then breaking down and missing Suva I was ready to come home.

Well to break the suspense it was my wife who won just over eight hundred bucks on bingo and much to her credit she did shout a few drinks that night

Welcome home tuckysxr. Sure was great meeting you and wife. Will send you photos shortly

Lilly

hi Liz,

I wonder if it is the Pacific Dawn cruise you heard about. The male partner of a couple of their honeymoon was put off in Vila for sitting on the rail of the ship. Because it was going to cost a lot to get home, his bride stayed on the ship, but we heard that she was complaining that she didn't have any money. I wonder if this is the instance that you heard about.

Evon.

Hi Evon

Yes that's probably the 'story' I got. I did receive it 3rd hand but sounds similiar. How unfortunate for them not a great start to their marriage - poor buggers.:(

Congratulations tucky for your wife's win. How fantastic would that be? There's some of your spending money covered.

Well I have only got 13 days left to my cruise and am very excited!!!!

Hope I enjoy it as much as you guys all did!! Promise to bring back any goss with me hehe. No im hoping its all smooth sailing, so to speak.:D

Liz

glad you made it ok and yes is was great to meet you

Archived