In-Cabin Babysitting on RCCL

LisaT91403

Has anyone used this service? We are planning to use it next with for our 1-year old DS, and I was wondering if there is a way for the babysitter to reach us if there are any problems. We were planning to rent DECT phones, but now I hear they are no longer available...so it's put a glitch into our plan. Does the babysitter perhaps have a phone or pager that they give the parents to use?

Thanks!

Like CB said, if there is an emergency, then I'm sure they will page you onboard over the PA.

The in cabin sitting is not part of Adventure Ocean so I know they don't hand out pagers or cell phones.

Are they SURE Dect phones are no longer available? They were on Indy in Feb.

Like CB said, if there is an emergency, then I'm sure they will page you onboard over the PA.

The in cabin sitting is not part of Adventure Ocean so I know they don't hand out pagers or cell phones.

Are they SURE Dect phones are no longer available? They were on Indy in Feb.

No, I'm not sure. A couple of posts on the RCCL board indicate that the phones were not available, but those were not Mariner. I sent an email to the Mariner concierge, but have not yet heard back. I will post if the concierge sends me a reply.

No, I'm not sure. A couple of posts on the RCCL board indicate that the phones were not available, but those were not Mariner. I sent an email to the Mariner concierge, but have not yet heard back. I will post if the concierge sends me a reply.

I honestly think it varies from ship to ship. I'll see one report that says "no dect phones" and then I'll go on a different ship and see them myself. ;)

What about walkie talkies? I know that some can have lots of static and can be rough to find a free channel....but if you got one with alot of channels...it might be a good alternative if the concierge confirms there are no dect phones.

• 2 weeks later...
What is a DECT phone? Is it a walkie-talkie?

No, it's a cell phone...but it only works on the ship. You can call other DECT phones with it, or call cabins, etc. People can call you from DECT phones, cabins, or any house phone on the ship.

Archived