Veendam Upgrade

fabby50

Does anyone know when the Veendam comes out of dry dock? We are on her in October and I am interested in reading peoples opinion's of the upgrade. We booked one of the new "spa suites" (just sounded intriguing to me), but even the Holland reps I called weren't too informed about the suites or any of the other upgrades.

Have any of the other ships gone through similar upgrades yet and put back in service? I could ask questions about those ships -

Thanks for any help and I'm REALLY looking forward to my next cruise on the Veendam -

It's my understanding that the Veendam will be in drydock for the full month of April and it is the first of the 'older' HAL ships to have the spa staterooms added. The Eurodam being HAL's newest ship already has spa staterooms, so you might want to check it out on HAL's website. Most likley the new 'spa' staterooms on the Veedam will have similar amenities. Also, HAL's website does have occasional updates/photos on the Veendam as it goes through it transformation in drydock. It's exciting to see the some of the changes as they occur. Enjoy checking out the website and happy cruising!:)

Thanks Carol - especially for the tip about the Eurodaam. That's more information than they could tell me when I called and asked.

Now my question is: does anyone know what an "in-room spa menu" is? Are they referring to a special spa-dining menu or a in-room spa services like massages, treatments, etc.? I'd be up for either!

Millie icon7.gificon14.gif

Archived