Where to Stay in Miami Pre-Cruise

gxchan

I'm a solo woman traveler looking for a nice place to stay in Miami pre-cruise. I'll arrive 3 days early so any suggestions of where to stay, things to do, must go to resturants, etc. will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi -- one of my favorite places to stay when I am traveling solo is The Blue Moon Hotel -- in a great neighborhood and a short ride to the pier. Not far from famous Joe's Stone Crabs restaurant, a wonderful restaurant and even though I dined alone, I was treated like a queen!

TracyE

Hi -- one of my favorite places to stay when I am traveling solo is The Blue Moon Hotel -- in a great neighborhood and a short ride to the pier. Not far from famous Joe's Stone Crabs restaurant, a wonderful restaurant and even though I dined alone, I was treated like a queen!

TracyE

Tracy,

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'll check Blue Moon out on line and am putting Joe's Stone Crabs on my list of places to dine! I love any place that treats solo diners well:D

I have to say, I'm already getting excited about staying in South Beach, the feedback is really positive, whoo hoo!

Thanks for seconding the Blue Moon. Unfortunately, at this time they don't have availability for the dates I will be in South Beach but I'll keep checking back. I liked the look of the place and it seems ideally located.

I have a question for both you and Tracy: Some of the reviews have mentioned hearing "all" from the surrounding guest rooms. I'm a fairly light sleeper and even more so the first couple days of a trip. Was noise an issue for you at this hotel?

The room we had was in the 2nd building overlooking a alleyway. It was quiet. You can't open the windows but they are single pane so you get some noise but not a lot. They have rooms that overlook the pool and also the street. I suspect both of those are noisier. Actually the most noise we had was from the fan in the air conditioner - which was a bit louder than normal and probably drowned out any street noise.

Too bad the don't have a room available for you since I think you'd find it fits your needs. Maybe they'll have a late cancellation.

Safe travels!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ginnie,:) sorry I missed your thread earlier. I stayed at the

Westin in Coral Gables 2 weeks ago and definitely recommend it:)

It is beautiful inside and the location is FABULOUS:D

Miracle Mile, full of shops and all types of restaurants are on

one side, with more restaurants on the other as well.

Its about a 30.00 cab ride to the pier but I would stay there

again in a heartbeat:)

I got my room on Priceline for 120.00!

Lois,

I've heard of Coral Gables but didn't know anything about it so thanks for the info. I'll add it to the areas I'm considering.

I see you are heading to Alaska in September. I'm going in 12 days and can't wait. Like you, it is my second time there. It is so beautiful there. I'm going for the glacier trekking and ice wall climb in Juneau. If you are interested, I'll let you know how it goes.

Archived