any tandems?

seabourndt

any idea when the cruises for queen elizabeth from jan 2011 will be known? my agent had them but could not find any? even a part world cruise would be nice

dave

Other people more in the know may have the information, but the schedule I have for QE only goes up to January 5, 2011, when she returns to Southampton from her Festive Debut voyage. HOWEVER, QV coincidently departs from Southampton on a Westbound TA also on January 5, 2011. Coincidence? I hope not, maybe there is a tandem crossing in our future! :)

Other people more in the know may have the information, but the schedule I have for QE only goes up to January 5, 2011, when she returns to Southampton from her Festive Debut voyage. HOWEVER, QV coincidently departs from Southampton on a Westbound TA also on January 5, 2011. Coincidence? I hope not, maybe there is a tandem crossing in our future! :)

I'm with you on that thought. I scoured the schedule hoping it would be QM2 in tandem, but she is off elsewhere. :( Perhaps we shall meet again in January 2011. I'll probably be on the ship Captain McNaught is in command of. :) I met you on the harbor cruise in NYC on that fateful day in October with Ed and others.

KenM

QE & QV will cross slowly in tandem January 5-12, 2011,

meeting Queen Mary in NY, January 13, 2010, for a reprise

of the 2008 "Meeting of the Three Queens."

All three will sail together the evening of January 13, 2001... QE on a world cruise; QV on her SoCal/Hawaii deployment; Queen Mary 2 to the Caribbean/South America.

According to a schedule I have, Queen Mary is scheduled for several Caribbean runs from NY and then something longer and yet undisclosed, perhaps South America.

I'm with you on that thought. I scoured the schedule hoping it would be QM2 in tandem, but she is off elsewhere. :( Perhaps we shall meet again in January 2011. I'll probably be on the ship Captain McNaught is in command of. :) I met you on the harbor cruise in NYC on that fateful day in October with Ed and others.

KenM

Thanks bobby and Ken! I too would think about choosing the ship that Captain McNaught is on. SO it looks like we may get a QV/QE tandem in January 2011, and then it would be very tempting to just remain on board QV and head to Hawaii.

Ken, I know I need to get over it, but I still get tearful when I think about that harbor cruise. But I need to move on, and saving up for a tandem winter crossing might be good therapy! Hopefully we will all meet again on that crossing!

Lesley

QE & QV will cross slowly in tandem January 5-12, 2011,.....

....All three will sail together the evening of January 13, 2001... QE on a world cruise; QV on her SoCal/Hawaii deployment; ..

Perhaps they are planning a tandem Panama Canal transit - wouldn't that be something!!!

Ken

QE & QV will cross slowly in tandem January 5-12, 2011,

meeting Queen Mary in NY, January 13, 2010, for a reprise

of the 2008 "Meeting of the Three Queens."

All three will sail together the evening of January 13, 2001... QE on a world cruise; QV on her SoCal/Hawaii deployment; Queen Mary 2 to the Caribbean/South America.

According to a schedule I have, Queen Mary is scheduled for several Caribbean runs from NY and then something longer and yet undisclosed, perhaps South America.

Well Bobbie, thats for the information. My bets are that Cunard gives the command of the QE to McNaught and I'll be riding with him in January 2011! Looking back at the January crossing, he will have to come up with some new material for his witty comments for the noon announcements. :)

Leslie, it's okay. I tortured myself with listening to my Ipod "Farewell to the QE2" playlist I previously created while on vacation this past week. "Time to Say Goodbye" will never be the same.

KenM

Archived