Which cruise line for some type of room divider for privacy from kids

lovetovacation

Hi, I've cruised previously before having a child. I'd like to try it now with my dd4 and dh. We really need a room or suite that is going to give us some privacy, like a curtain separating the sleeping areas so my dh can watch tv without disturbing her. What do you all do with kids and keeping them sleep while you do whatever? Hopefully, my question makes sense. Thanks.

I gotcha. ;) First, there are some cruise lines that have some privacy curtains in their cabins. Disney is one. Carnival and Royal are another - to a point. It depends on cabins. And it may just be a partial curtain.

What we do....we try to ONLY book balconies if at all possible. We put the kids to bed and head outside. Then after the kids are asleep, which never takes long cause they are so exhausted from all of the day's activities, we can come back inside and watch TV if we want.

So, for us, a balcony makes our lives alot easier on a ship.

On RCI, the Voyager class ship's "divider" curtain are for looks only--they don't close. In a JS on a Radiance class ship, the curtain does close across the room.

You will most likely want a JS, since the other cabins are too small to even HAVE a divider curtain!

Another suitable cabin would be a mini-suite on a Princess Grand class ship (Grand, Golden, etc) -- there are 2 tvs -- 1 for the bedroom & 1 for the sofa area. Many times these mini-suites aren't that much more expensive that a balcony. And as I recall there is a curtain betw the 2 sections.

I also think you would like the Holland cabins. Most spacious, I think after 22 cruises.

We just came back from Independence, and got connecting inside promenades, so we had a "closable" door to the kids cabin, they got their own bathroom, and we could watch our own tv whilst they were sleeping or watching cartoons. We were very happy with this setup, we didn't have to trip over all their stuff/clothes/toys and LOVED the 2 bathroom deal. We had friends in the family suite with grandparents, but their family of 5 (3kids) plus 2 granparents shared 2 bathrooms.

I second the balcony idea if you have nappers. We are past napping now, but I did an inside once to Bermuda with a 23 month old, and when he napped I was in the dark. Next I did Disney family balcony cabin, and was on the balcony while the toddler slept. They have the curtain divider, but is not soundproof at all. I did like the split bathroom on Disney, though.

We were just on Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas and had a full curtain divider between the bed area and the sitting room area. This was just a standard outside cabin. The curtain wasn't a full blackout curtain and didn't provide much of a noise barrier, but for a 4 year old, you might be able to put them to sleep while you're still watching TV or reading a book.

We just returned from the Ruby Princess. We were in a suite that had a thick curtain separating the sitting area (that had the fold-out couch my daughter slept on and a tv) from our bed and another tv and entrance to the bathroom. Both areas had sliding doors to the balcony. It was a great setup because we could be in the room or on the balcony during naptime or after our daughter went to bed without waking her. It almost felt like we had two rooms.

Archived