Segway tours in Boston

tweety0227

Hi Melanie! Didn't realize you were coming to Boston.

I'm not sure how I feel about riding Segway's in Boston. First of all, the rental place is in Charlestown. Then you have to get from Charlestown back into the North End and on to downtown and Back Bay. I would think they would be great in Disney World, but Boston is traffic, narrow streets, hills, cobblestones, etc.

Have you been to Boston before? Is there any particular thing you are interested in seeing?

Carol

Hi Melanie! Didn't realize you were coming to Boston.

I'm not sure how I feel about riding Segway's in Boston. First of all, the rental place is in Charlestown. Then you have to get from Charlestown back into the North End and on to downtown and Back Bay. I would think they would be great in Disney World, but Boston is traffic, narrow streets, hills, cobblestones, etc.

Have you been to Boston before? Is there any particular thing you are interested in seeing?

Carol

Hi Carol,

Yeah, we're taking a cruise to Canada and Boston in October. I didn't realize that you live in the Boston area. We've been to Boston before, but it's been a while. I guess we'd like to see the sights again. I know that Gary probably wants to visit Cheers again. If you don't think that it's going to be a good idea to use Segways in Boston, then we'll abandon that idea. We'll be in port from 12:30 pm until 8 pm on October 11, 2009. What do you suggest we look into? Any chance of meeting up with you? It would be cool to meet you before we meet on the Explorer cruise.

I think that is Columbus Day weekend - Sometimes we go to Vermont. I just don't know right now. Let's see when the time gets closer.

Since you get in so late, you really only have the afternoon hours and it's a Sunday. Some folks like Quincy Market, the Freedom Trail, the Constitution, the Trolley Tour, and the Duck Tour. Then there are the specialty destinations like Fenway Park, Sam Adams Brewery, and Cheers. Other folks want to go to Harvard Square, eat seafood, or wander Newbury St. You should always have a Plan B in case it rains. Are you interested in getting out of the city to see some foliage? This is the peak weekend for leaf peepers in Lexington and Concord. Let me know what you might be interested in and I can make detailed suggestions. You can really do a lot on your own in Boston without paying big bucks for formal tours.

I think that is Columbus Day weekend - Sometimes we go to Vermont. I just don't know right now. Let's see when the time gets closer.

Since you get in so late, you really only have the afternoon hours and it's a Sunday. Some folks like Quincy Market, the Freedom Trail, the Constitution, the Trolley Tour, and the Duck Tour. Then there are the specialty destinations like Fenway Park, Sam Adams Brewery, and Cheers. Other folks want to go to Harvard Square, eat seafood, or wander Newbury St. You should always have a Plan B in case it rains. Are you interested in getting out of the city to see some foliage? This is the peak weekend for leaf peepers in Lexington and Concord. Let me know what you might be interested in and I can make detailed suggestions. You can really do a lot on your own in Boston without paying big bucks for formal tours.

We might want to do the Duck Tour. We've done the Freedom Trail, but not for quite a while, so we might be interested in that. What is Newbury St.? I guess I'd love to see Harvard Square. We probably wouldn't be interested in eating seafood, although I know that Boston is the prime place for it. We'll have lunch on the ship, then a late dinner after we get back on board. As far as the foliage goes, we're hoping to be able to catch sights of it as we sail upward to Canada. I will talk to Gary further and see what we're really interested in doing. Thanks so much for your help.

Archived