Valor in Key West today?

tbjl24

I don't think she made Grand Cayman! In fact i am kinda curious about her itinerary all together this week. It looked like she may have not only stopped in Coz, but the map was showing her north of Coz, maybe Cancun as well!

She missed Progreso yesterday due to adverse weather conditions!

Hmmm, maybe Carnival was able to work with Key West port authority to have them come in as a makeup to Progresso. There were no scheduled ships for KW today, so may have been lucky timing for cruisers on this sailing.

I'll take Key West over Progresso everytime!

I'm curious! We're supposed to be on the Valor 4-19, western itineraries. Was this sailing supposed to be eastern? The folks on our roll cal would love to know what happened. Any reports out there?

We were given Key West on the Legend instead of Grand Cayman, because if Gustav. We didn't give the locals much warning, but they did a great job accommodating us!

It was very nice to have the stop replaced instead of just another sea day especially such a nice stop like Key West.

The Valor DOES NOT stop in Progresso. The Western route of the Valor is Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. The valor sails on a Sunday and is at sea Monday, Grand Cayman Tuesday, Roatan Wednesday, Belize Thursday, and Cozumel Friday, and Saturday is a sea day.

The Valor DOES NOT stop in Progresso. The Western route of the Valor is Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. The valor sails on a Sunday and is at sea Monday, Grand Cayman Tuesday, Roatan Wednesday, Belize Thursday, and Cozumel Friday, and Saturday is a sea day.

Exactly! This why i am real curious about her official itinerary. I know that she was supposed to be on the same route, yet obviously she wasnt.:confused: If you watched the map from the webcam page, She was no where near Grand Cayman, and it looked like she was in port somewhere north of Coz.

Hi, we'll be on the Valor 4/19 also!

We love Key West, wouldn't mind if we ended up stopping there BUT we're praying for good weather the entire time, as it's bad weather that normally causes them to deviate from the planned itinerary. :)

While that is generally true, from what I can tell from he Roll Call for the 4/5 departure, and also from a couple of travel web sites, this cruise was not the normal Western itinerary...

From a travel web site...

7 Day Western Caribbean from Miami, FL from $649.00 (USD)

Destination: Caribbean

Departures: 4/5/09

Ports of Call: Starting in Miami with stops in Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, Progreso

Duration: 7

Also, this post in the roll call shows this same itinerary...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=18361696&postcount=64

I went on a cruise in 1991 and we were in Grand Cayman on Xmas day. We were told many shops would be closed, but many would be open for limited hours (closed by 2 or 3pm) for the three ships that were in port that day. I found that more than half opened, commerce is commerce (or money is money). The same applied to Ocho Rios the next day, which is also a holiday--Boxing Day. Most shops were open and only two ships wer in port that day.

Hello, Just got back off Valor. We stopped in key west because the wind was too bad to get into the channel in Progresso. We Made it to Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and then key west instead of Progresso

The Ship was very nice, mostly a great staff but did have a bad dinner server. and the food was good and of course lots of it. This was my first carnival cruise had a great time. I think Royal Caribbean is overall better but carnival comes in close.

Archived