Recommendations for Lisbon, Vigo & Seville

Taking a 14 day cruise this September and Lisbon, Vigo and Seville will be new ports of call of us. What is recommend for sites to see and places to eat during our days in those ports of call? Any help is appreciated. Thanks a bunch:)

For Sevilla your port is probably Cadiz. Sevilla is inland from Cadiz, close to an hour and a half. I would strongly recommend you take a tour to Sevilla, which is a great city with a world class Cathedral and also a very interesting Alcazar. Cadiz is a pleasant seaside city but does not compare to Sevilla.

In Vigo, I imagine the ship will offer a tour to Santiago de Compostela, one of Spain's jewels. It is a little over an hour from Vigo. Depending on how many hours you are on port , you could do it yourself by train.

For Sevilla your port is probably Cadiz. Sevilla is inland from Cadiz, close to an hour and a half. I would strongly recommend you take a tour to Sevilla, which is a great city with a world class Cathedral and also a very interesting Alcazar. Cadiz is a pleasant seaside city but does not compare to Sevilla.

In Vigo, I imagine the ship will offer a tour to Santiago de Compostela, one of Spain's jewels. It is a little over an hour from Vigo. Depending on how many hours you are on port , you could do it yourself by train.

I concur with these suggestions. Seville is a wonderful city with many interesting sights as described above. I think you will be disappointed if you go to Spain and don't take a tour to Seville.

Click on the link below for information on viewing videos that highlight shore excursions in Lisbon, Seville, and Vigo. These should help you make a decision.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

Ron aka CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Archived