Just off Carnival Freedom, any questions??

ginak1112

I just got off the Freedom this morning and had a wonderful time!! I sailed with my husband (we are in our 40's), my 15 yr.old daughter and another family with teenagers. Since we live in the Ft.Lauderdale area we cruise often so this is about my 40th cruise, LOL! We sail every spring break in addition to other weekends or weeks and rotate cruise lines. We had not been on CCL in a few years; last year we were on RCCL (the Liberty) and prior to that was Princess (Caribbean). I have to say that I will definitely be looking to book on Carnival again! I think that across the board, you get the best bang for your buck and it is definitely the "fun Ship." Our friends were a bit reluctant to go on CCL after sailing RCCL and Celebrity and now cannot wait to go again. I will post a review on cruise critic later on but will be happy to answer any questions.

Is there currently a Mongolian stir fry station on the freedom? Where you choose your own meats, vegies and have it stir fried? What time is open?

I'm sure that there is a Mongolian stir fry station, but can't remember the hours that it was open from.

Joanne

I just got off the Freedom this morning and had a wonderful time!! I sailed with my husband (we are in our 40's), my 15 yr.old daughter and another family with teenagers. Since we live in the Ft.Lauderdale area we cruise often so this is about my 40th cruise, LOL! We sail every spring break in addition to other weekends or weeks and rotate cruise lines. We had not been on CCL in a few years; last year we were on RCCL (the Liberty) and prior to that was Princess (Caribbean). I have to say that I will definitely be looking to book on Carnival again! I think that across the board, you get the best bang for your buck and it is definitely the "fun Ship." Our friends were a bit reluctant to go on CCL after sailing RCCL and Celebrity and now cannot wait to go again. I will post a review on cruise critic later on but will be happy to answer any questions.

Can't wait to read your review. It's nice to hear the positive comments about Carnival. I think people misunderstand what "Funship" means - it is a whole lot of FUN - not in the "party" sense that most folks envision, but in the "fun for everyone", whether you enjoy low key fun or energetic fun.

Is "Ticket to Ride" still showing in the lounge? If so, I cannot wait to see it again. I'll be on this same itinerary next Sunday and love the Freedom.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Freedom. We too have cruised RCL, Princess and Celebrity. My kids have only cruised RCL but I'm starting to think we need to look into Carnival and am looking at Freedom for this summer.

8 day cruise March 28- Eastern Freedom

Mongolian corner

Saturday 11:30 to 3:30

Sunday Seaday 12:00 to 2:30

Monday 12:00 to 2:30

Tuesday 12:00 to 3:30 and 6:00 to 9:30 pm

Wednesday 12:00 to 3:30 and 6:00 to 9:30 pm

Thursday 12:00 to 3:30 and 6:00 to 9:30 pm

Friday Seaday 12:00 to 2:30

Saturday 12:00 to 2:30

'Ticket to ride' on Friday night

hi extcat, we r sailing the freedom 8nt eastern in may, cant wait for your review!! if u have the capers, will u please post them? we have never been to tortola or antigua, what did u do on these islands?? help please!

thanks, cruisegal

Can't wait to read your review. It's nice to hear the positive comments about Carnival. I think people misunderstand what "Funship" means - it is a whole lot of FUN - not in the "party" sense that most folks envision, but in the "fun for everyone", whether you enjoy low key fun or energetic fun.

Is "Ticket to Ride" still showing in the lounge? If so, I cannot wait to see it again. I'll be on this same itinerary next Sunday and love the Freedom.

I have just posted my own thread on this cruise so I won't hijack....however, I have to say that YES "Ticket To Ride" was on this cruise and it was absolutely fantastic...as always!!! While watching the show I couldn't believe that I was on a ship!!

Sorry, I did not save capers or menus! Make sure that you go to the mongolian station on the first day or right when it opens because it gets veryyy long! I never got to try it because I am too impatient but my husband waited 30 minutes one day. What was really nice was that on embarkation day all of the dining options were available, not just the typical buffet lunch!

Sorry, I did not save capers or menus! Make sure that you go to the mongolian station on the first day or right when it opens because it gets veryyy long! I never got to try it because I am too impatient but my husband waited 30 minutes one day. What was really nice was that on embarkation day all of the dining options were available, not just the typical buffet lunch!

Where is the Mongolian Grill? I checked the deck plans but couldn't see where it was located. My DH will be first in line when we cruise the Freedom in July!

Did you use the spa facilities? I'm trying to find out if the "spa" pool is a regular whirlpool or thassolotherapy pool. I've posted the question on here and was answered that there is no spa pool, however we've seen it on the deck plan and were assured by Carnival that there is some sort of spa pool...they just couldn't say what type it was. Also...was there a charge to use this?

Thank you!!

the mongolian grill is right next to the normal buffet line on the lido deck. You can't miss it. There are 2 formal nights on the 6 day (Tues and Thurs, I think). Carnival is now calling these nights elegant nights and you do not have to be as dressy unless you really want to be. Most people did dress fairly formal.

Did you use the spa facilities? I'm trying to find out if the "spa" pool is a regular whirlpool or thassolotherapy pool. I've posted the question on here and was answered that there is no spa pool, however we've seen it on the deck plan and were assured by Carnival that there is some sort of spa pool...they just couldn't say what type it was. Also...was there a charge to use this?

Thank you!!

I've never seen a pool in a Carnival spa. They had hottubs, but most ships have had the indoor hottubs removed. I'm not sure if the Freedom has the indoor hottub or not...I'll find out in 4 days!

I've never seen a pool in a Carnival spa. They had hottubs, but most ships have had the indoor hottubs removed. I'm not sure if the Freedom has the indoor hottub or not...I'll find out in 4 days!

The Freedom still has the indoor hottub, or at least they still had it last year, and I don't think that it has gone to drydock yet ...

See ya in 3 days :)

Joanne

Archived