Friends of Dorothy cruise

RVman

I’ve never been on a Friends of Dorothy cruise and just found out that our next cruise is one. Other than the obvious is anything different on one?

I personally don’t have a problem with it, I’m just wondering about daily activities

Usually such a cruise would be a full charter.

Hmmm....Ever seen the movie "boat trip"? LOL

There could be a large group on board. In which case certain public rooms may be unavailable to other passengers. This is common when large groups are on board.

Other than that you wont really notice.

Could you tell us which ship and sail date this will be?

Hmmm....Ever seen the movie "boat trip"? LOL

Hey Ronda.....Cuba Gooding Jr. cracked me up in that movie. Especially the dance scene......In the costume...with the head dress....and the platforms.......ROFLMAO thinking about it right now.....And Roger Moore was funnier the anything.....

To the "OP". As someone said it is prolly a large group. All will be cool...

On the Bloggers (John Heald) cruise in February many if not all of or activities were private functions.....Did not interfer with the normal running of daily activities...

Hey Ronda.....Cuba Gooding Jr. cracked me up in that movie. Especially the dance scene......In the costume...with the head dress....and the platforms.......ROFLMAO thinking about it right now.....And Roger Moore was funnier the anything.....

To the "OP". As someone said it is prolly a large group. All will be cool...

On the Bloggers (John Heald) cruise in February many if not all of or activities were private functions.....Did not interfer with the normal running of daily activities...

Hey Mom, how come you havent signed up for the Whale Tail club yet?:confused: See the other thread.

I’ve never been on a Friends of Dorothy cruise and just found out that our next cruise is one. Other than the obvious is anything different on one?

I personally don’t have a problem with it, I’m just wondering about daily activities

Hey! Just think! Besides Dorothy, you'll get to see her friends! The Scarecrow, Tin woodsman, and the Cowardly Lion!!.. (Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh MY!!)...Oh, er, That was "WICKED" of me....LOL

So much for my education. :confused: I guessed from the previous posts, but I used Google to confirm. Don't think I had ever heard that term before. Might be nice to know before you embarked, but it all worked out for Cuba Gooding, Jr. :) Now if Roselyn Sanchez is the dance director I might have to change my mind.

Jim

These groups don't always do a full ship charter - depends on the size of the group. We were on a sailing a few years ago with a group from "Songmaster" which is a black g&L group. Other than occasionally closing a lounge during the day for a private function most passengers probably wouldn't have realized there was a group onboard. I enjoyed sailing with them - that particular group had some of the nicest people I've ever met on a cruise.

Archived