Cabin Price Reduction Help

jamon

I noticed yesterday that my cruise on 5/3/9 on the Triumph went down from 359pp to 285pp for an inside cabin that I have. When I called Carnival for the reduction, they wouldn't give me the reduction, but offered me an outside cabin instead. Would proably like to have the 74pp reduction in overall cruise fare. They said I couldn't get the reduction, only the upgrade..Anyone have any similar situations, and I guess I'm trying to figure out the rules of price reductions. Thanks

Starting in December, Carnival has stopped giving OBC/refunds when prices dropped after the final payment date. If you want to be guaranteed the lowest price, up until 2 days prior to sailing, you need to purchase your cruise using the Early Saver Rate (which has restrictions).

You were lucky you were offered an upgrade. Some people can't even get that.

Sounds like you are not early saver rate, you have another rate? If so and you are past final payment no more price reductions. Started 12/1/08. Lots of threads in november of last year saying it would start and Carnival has stuck to their guns.

upgrade or nadda unless you are early saver rate. sorry :(

Archived