Booked with TA, how to get price reduction?

Most travel agents will be happy to call Royal Caribbean on your behalf and check to see if you qualify for a rate reduction. This is easiest before final payment. Just call your travel agent and tell her where you saw the lower pricing.

Just noticed that our cruise for June 28 has dropped $300, I have already booked and paid with a cruise travel agent... how do I get the price reduction???

Thanks

Call the agent who generated your reservation.

Just noticed that our cruise for June 28 has dropped $300, I have already booked and paid with a cruise travel agent... how do I get the price reduction???

Thanks

If you qualify for the reduction and that also means that it isn't restricted to new bookings only, you just need to contact your travel agent and request that he or she get you the reduced rate. Most TA's will honor price reductions even those which occur after final payment. No price reductions are automatically given regardless of whether you book directly with the cruiseline or through a travel agent. You have to call and make the request.:)

You no longer have control over your reservation, the TA owns it. You have to go through the TA for everything. Check to see that your TA doesn't charge for making changes and that they won't remove any perks such as OBC they might have given you. If they do and you are before final payment it may pay to cancel and rebook your cruise yourself at the lower price.

Let post number 5 be a lesson regarding Travel Agents. Never book with a T/A that charges you any types of fee's for changes and/or cancellations. Ask before you book. Don't find out the hard way. I love my T/A and nothing bad to say. I've had her for just about 10 years now and she is worth her weight in gold.

You must call your TA to handle anything with your booking...RCI will not discuss any details of your booking when you book through or transfer your booking to a TA. If you have a good TA you should not have a problem. Good luck!

This is one of the problems of booking through a TA and not directly with RCCL.

Of course some of those "problems" are offset by having to deal with some cruiseline customer service representatives who are not knowledgeable and are hardly more than order takers. Using a good travel agent is more like a partnership where you benefit from his or her knowledge/expertise and except for those who are seriously anal-retentive, loss of control when you have a good TA should not be a major concern:rolleyes:.

Well, I am definately lucky enough to have a good travel agent, I just wanted to get opinions if it was still available after final payment has been made... guess they will have to call and find out.

Thanks.

Archived