Infinity-March 29th sailing

Penguins Lover

We had a great time. We have been on the Infinity one other time and we did not enjoy the first time, but this ship has improved 100 times. We enjoyed the ship so much we booked an Alaskan cruise while onboard. We ate in the specialty restaurant every night because we booked at the last minute and got late seating and that is too late for us, but that was okay because the specialty restaurant was exceptional. The staff was great and the food was wonderful.

The activity staff was one of the best we ever had. Matt, Maiyla, and Adrianna were creative and very kind to all passengers. They played different types of trivia and they are trying to create new games every cruise.

The ship was in good shape. We saw much more officer presence on the ship. Usually we do not see the officers on a daily basis, but the hotel officers were everywhere, looking at the ship and trying to correct problems or to do better upkeep on the public rooms.

The Infinity has turned into a great ship. If your going on her, have a great time.

The activity staff was one of the best we ever had. Matt, Maiyla, and Adrianna were creative and very kind to all passengers.

Yes, Matt is a doll--and very dedicated to his job. We, too, enjoyed trivia with him and just chatting with him when we saw him around the ship.

Did you know that his mom is a member of Cruise Critic? I won't give away her name because that is up to her but I hope she is reading this--and beaming with pride.

Matt Swenson is an absolute sweetheart. I just hope he gets to be the activities director in the near future and even cruise director. He has come up with some of the most innovative games using PowerPoint and he always left us laughing. His personality is perfect for those two jobs. Mayella and Adrianna were also wonderful assistant activities directors. We didn't really do much in the way of trivia games unless they were held poolside, but we watched the games and these young people were great. They really have to put up with a lot of crap from some passengers who have problems with "terminal complaintola". I give them lots of credit for holding their composure. For instance, I was sitting in the Rendevous Lounge reading while some sort of trivia was going on. At one point there was a disagreement about one answer that could have had two correct answers. One participant, a frequent poster on these boards and a very frequent cruiser on Celebrity, became very aggressive and pointed his finger in the face of one lady when she dared to say something to the effect that this was a vacation and just a game where you win a pen. Well, Mr Whatever pointed his finger at her and said, "It's not just for a pen. It's about being right" and said this VERY aggressively. Well, from what I understand, this man takes his trivia far too seriously and got into it again with other passengers during another trivia game, using the same thing about him needing to be right. Well, his attitude and nastiness caused a number of people to stop going to any trivia games. Rather sad, I think. But the activities staff held their own and behaved professionally.

As for Infinity, she's great. We also saw the hotel staff going around the ship on a daily basis checking on everything and calling the appropriate staff to fix whatever they saw as a problem. The upkeep was fantastic. This was one ship where the staff was on their toes checking everything and trying to make the ship as clean and neat as possible. Oh, and on embarkation day, the US Public Health Service was on board, and Infinity got a score of 95. The one thing that held them back was they saw passengers handling utensils in the buffet that should have been held by staff. That was basically the only negative score they received.

Thanks to those of you who posted about Infinity. I am sailing the next trip and am trying to get all the info I can. Glad to hear you were so pleased.

Sad to hear about "Mr I am right" in trivia however.My husband and I once played Trival Pursuit with a couple that were school teachers and we won the game. They were so mad they swore we must have cheated someway. Needless to say we never played that game with them again.

We, too, sailed on Infinity, but on the March 15th sailing through the Canal. We had a great cruise - the food and entertainment was top notch. I had some trepidation about Infinity since some CC entries over Christmas talked about how shabby the ship had gotten. Au contraire - everything was in excellent condition. Service was terrific. I recommend that you talk to the Food Manager and get a tour of the galley. The cleanliness blew us away.:)

I too, was nervous going on the March 29 cruise due to the bad reviews I read.

I don't know if I was on the same ship or not, but the staff was excellent. The officers were always around the ship, staff was always cleaning and I was constantly asked, "how can I help you?"

Yes, there were some frayed carpets, etc... but they were always painting, fixing and cleaning things. The service I received in the MDR was great. Our head waiter anticpated my every need and desire. I am having a hard time adjusting to his absence.

Book this cruise and have a great time!

Nancy

My husband and I were also on the March 15th sailing and had a great time.

(We read a review of the trip that someone else has posted and wondered if we were on the same trip.....they didn't seem to have as great a time as we did)

I agree with you that Matt is an angel.....he was a very good sport when my husband hugged him after the equator crossing polliwog to shellback ceremony....it was very very messy....lots of ketchup and mustard and chocolate syrup....yuck!

Matt and Ryan were very good with the trivia games....as said in another thread some people take it way too seriously.

To the March 29 passenger....was Allan King on board as cruise director for your trip? He was having some voice problems on our trip....just wondering how he's doing.

My husband and I were also on the March 15th sailing and had a great time.

(We read a review of the trip that someone else has posted and wondered if we were on the same trip.....they didn't seem to have as great a time as we did)

I agree with you that Matt is an angel.....he was a very good sport when my husband hugged him after the equator crossing polliwog to shellback ceremony....it was very very messy....lots of ketchup and mustard and chocolate syrup....yuck!

Matt and Ryan were very good with the trivia games....as said in another thread some people take it way too seriously.

To the March 29 passenger....was Allan King on board as cruise director for your trip? He was having some voice problems on our trip....just wondering how he's doing.

Yes Allen was on board and I didn't notice anything. We saw him and hear him all the time so whatever was wrong is ok now.

Laura

:p:D:) Nothing but smiles and nods as we adjust to reality after 2 weeks on the Infinity!!!(just stopped rocking on land)..

Ship was fine, food was great, staff was wonderful, shows were entertaining...

Our Sky Suite was wonderful, couldn't make use of the veranda the last 2 nights because of the change in weather, but we saw such beautiful sunsets, and it was great to view the canal crossing in the late afternoon from our room..worth the $$$$.,the room showed its age by some "creaking", and there was some mold we had to ask to be cleaned around the shower, but it was all taken care of.

My only other complaint was that one side of the pool (spa pool) was too cool (so were the hot tubs out side), and the bubbles were out of order on one side through the entire cruise.

The activities staff were wonderful, I was not "thrilled" with the band on board, but that just be my taste, however.

It was a wonderful cruise, and I hated to get off that ship, even after all those days...I miss the anticipation of the whole trip as I all to easily fall back into every day realities.

It was great meeting such wonderful people onboard, and memorieswere made that will last a lifetime.

Allan did have some voice problems on our March 29 cruise. I noticed this during his daily talk that aired on the TV. He was raspy and hoarse for a lot of the cruise. He seemed to have a tough time during the NewlyWed Game. He was hard to hear at some points.

Archived