Glory - Ice Machines?

flem1064

We just came off the Glory and were on the Riviera deck. I thought I remembered on past cruises there were ice machines that were available at all times?

Near our cabin (1256) there was a door marked "pantry" with an ice machine, but if the room stewards weren't around, this door was locked?

Are there *public* ice machines on the Glory?

We just came off the Glory and were on the Riviera deck. I thought I remembered on past cruises there were ice machines that were available at all times?

Near our cabin (1256) there was a door marked "pantry" with an ice machine, but if the room stewards weren't around, this door was locked?

Johnny I have never heard of public ice machines on any ship.

Obviously there are ice machines but for the stewards to fill up the ice buckets?

The stewards usually fill up the bucket twice a day if you ask them.

Another option would be to carry the ice bucket to the Lido deck and get ice there if your steward is off duty.

Perhaps in some cases the door was unlocked and people just went in on their own?

Never known the rooms to be locked, I have gone in them all the time.

Since my cabins are always pretty close.

Not sure if you were asking a question or confirming the door was locked.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/glory/glory.htm

Ice and Soda Vending Machines: across from staterooms: 1268, 1354 and 1429.

Never known the rooms to be locked, I have gone in them all the time.

Since my cabins are always pretty close.

Not sure if you were asking a question or confirming the door was locked.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/glory/glory.htm

Ice and Soda Vending Machines: across from staterooms: 1268, 1354 and 1429.

I be darned.

I had no idea we were allowed in there to get our own ice.

Thanks for the information.

I learn something all the time.

In the past I've always gone to the ice machines to get my own ice for my cooler.

The last several cruises, I've asked the steward where the machines are and they won't tell me. But they do keep my cooler filled.

I wish I knew where they were on Empress deck on Glory. Guess I'll check out the link CruiseCentric posted.

Sometimes they are locked but most of the time they aren't. We always ask where it is when we meet our cabin steward also.

On Glory, there is one directly across from 8425 on the Verandah deck and they didn't even close the door on that pantry. :)

In the past I've always gone to the ice machines to get my own ice for my cooler.

The last several cruises, I've asked the steward where the machines are and they won't tell me. But they do keep my cooler filled.

I wish I knew where they were on Empress deck on Glory. Guess I'll check out the link CruiseCentric posted.

Stateroom Descriptions - Empress Deck

Ice and Soda Vending Machines: across from staterooms: 7411 and 7334

Both the Valor and the Victory had a room with soda machine and a self serve ice machine which was always open.

This was in addition to the pantries.

On the Valor I always got my ice from the pantry and it was always open.

The following site has great information about the decks and stateroom.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php

Choose your ship and then click on extras and then choose a deck.

The rooms with ice and soda machine locations are indicated at the top of the page as well as the laundry rooms.

Both the Valor and the Victory had a room with soda machine and a self serve ice machine which was always open.

This was in addition to the pantries.

On the Valor I always got my ice from the pantry and it was always open.

The following site has great information about the decks and stateroom.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php

Choose your ship and then click on extras and then choose a deck.

The rooms with ice and soda machine locations are indicated at the top of the page as well as the laundry rooms.

OMG, what a cool link!!! I just knew we were able to get our own ice on one of our past cruises, but thought maybe I was imagining it. Because on our last cruise, we searched high and low on the Pride and never could find an ice machine. (Our cabin steward was our worst yet).

We are sailing on the Splendor in January, and am bummed (after checking every deckplan) that there appear not to be any ice machines available to us. :( Hopefully it won't be a problem this time.

Thanks for posting that link!!

I be darned.

I had no idea we were allowed in there to get our own ice.

Thanks for the information.

I learn something all the time.

I don't think on the ships without the ice/soda machines you are allowed to get your own ice. The pantry is for employees, not for passengers. Really, think about it, would you want everyone putting their hands or gosh only knows what into the huge ice machine and then the cabin steward fills your ice bucket after?

I believe that's why the stewards don't tell you where they get ice. I know I have passed the pantry many times when the stewards were on duty and the doors were open. I have also passed when the doors were closed when the stewards are not on duty.

It is the steward's job to get the ice for you, it's not self-serve from these machines.

OMG, what a cool link!!! I just knew we were able to get our own ice on one of our past cruises, but thought maybe I was imagining it. Because on our last cruise, we searched high and low on the Pride and never could find an ice machine. (Our cabin steward was our worst yet).

We are sailing on the Splendor in January, and am bummed (after checking every deckplan) that there appear not to be any ice machines available to us. :( Hopefully it won't be a problem this time.

Thanks for posting that link!!

If you have a problem with not having enough ice make a phone call to the Purser's Desk. (or is it Guest Services now?)

I wouldn't settle if my steward was not doing his/her job.

Also depending on where your cabin is located it might not be so bad to go to the Lido deck or a bar to get ice.

Just a thought.

Archived