Misty Fjord or McKinley Summit Flightseeing?

CruisinMama7

For those in the know, which tour is better? We can only afford one additional flightseeing tour. We are already booked on the helicopter/dog sled tour to a glacier, plus we are also flying to Barrow. The Misty Fjord scenery in a float plane would really differ from the dog sled/glacier scenery, correct? Or is the McKinley summit tour something not to be missed?

Oh, decisions, decisions.:confused: Any assistance is most appreciated.

Thanks!

Cruisin'Mama

Pick one, both are equally worthwhile. I have done both, but you are bound to get, plenty of raves about "their flight" from every poster. Be advised that your "glacier" dog sled tour is going to be just about on all snow, and not ice. Ice access is via the regular glacier landings. Misty Fiord is all green and water.

Be well prepared with back up plans for the glacier dog sledding. Have some good plans in place for Barrow as well, well worth the effort for a private guide.

I know it's tough to find the $'s to do all the excursions that appeal to you. Just a thought - have you considered the coupon books? There are two for one coupons for flightseeing out of Talkeetna to Denali. That get's the price pretty reasonable.

Steve

Cruisinforasnoozin - I booked direct with Coastal Helicopters and with Harv & Marv (whale watch tour) as well.

stevecmo - I'm aware of the coupon book, but that coupon is for a flight only out of Talkeetna. We're not going there. We will be taking the flight from Denali. But thanks for the "heads-up." I do appreciate it.;)

Cruisin'Mama

Are you driving to Denali or taking the train / bus? If driving, you go right by Talkeetna on your war to/from Denali - just a quick 14 mile side trip of the Parks highway. If $'s are a concern (when arent' they :)) you'll find that the flights out of Talkeetna are cheaper than those out of Denali.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Archived