Letter to Diamond Members (Merged Threads)

I agree with the comment made earlier - I am not a drinker. I am MOST disappointed about not getting onboard credit for stock ownership in combination with next cruise onboard credit. We were told we could use both - NOW only one or the other. To me, this is MORE of a take away!

We done RCI for listening.

I think AG and RCI realised they had screwed up. I do believe over crowding played a big part in their reason to changes things.

I think they've listened and more or less gave in - ok some people including me will miss the lounge in the afternoons or in the morning for a nice coffee - the 25% of other drinks could have been 2 vouchers per night for any drink.

I did write to AG thanking him for the u-turn and asking why hadn't they talked to loyal members and find out there views - i did get a nice reply back acknowledging things could have been better handled and apologising.

For me i think its a fair deal - although i can see why others don't agree.

I also think this is a Big shot across the bow of RCI and maybe they'll take to time consult if there is a next time.

jj.....

Good points. Thanks for sharing info. about your RCI corresondence.

Just wondering....:confused::confused:

That is strange if you think Royal Sucks why would you be cruising with them in the future. :rolleyes:

If I thought a cruiseline sucked I would say goodbye forever and move on to another line! :eek:

Quite simple really. I am speaking in reference to the management, not necessarily the product. In the future, I will use RCI just as they have used us. Expedience is the word. When they are giving away staterooms at a bargain price, the itinerary is good, and it is convenient I will cruise RCI. I will 'avoid' excursions sold my RCI, and I will spend as little as possible on board. I always buy the Platinum wine package, but the other stuff ... forget it. The days of walking around with RCCL stamped on my forehead are over. And all that RCCL logo merchandise ... it will not be worn in public again. Hmmm. Where can I get some Princess or Carnival shirts ... I wonder?;)

(off topic)

Just wanted to jump in here right quick to say goodnight to all. I leave first thing in the morning on my CARNIVAL cruise (yes, I said it LOL) and I am well aware that my absence will not be missed by all! LOL!!! For those of you who I do find friendly and rather "cool", I hope you have a fantastic week, be safe and be well! Keep these boards hot and interesting and in about a week or so, I'll be back ready to ramble on once again! LOL!!!

Peace All:)

Have a great cruise.

I'm sure that this topic will still be rumbling on when you get back:D

Have a great one. Although I am probably posting this too late for you to get it. Looking forward to what you have to say about the cruise when you get back.

ah shucks, I'm still here at home. Both the Voyager and the Conquest came in a little over two hours late because of the bad weather we had here in Houston/Galveston area yesterday and heavy fog rolled in overnight. I just spoke to a friend of mine that works on the Voyager and she said it's a mad house at the pier right now trying to get off the ship and then of course, all of the backed up traffic of coming and going is something I'm not too thrilled about right now. Both ships are scheduled to depart later this afternoon but either way, I've got my mask and snorkle gear on and I'm ready to go!!!

meezAnimatedBodyshot175x233snorkel.gif:cool:

Quite simple really. I am speaking in reference to the management, not necessarily the product. In the future, I will use RCI just as they have used us. Expedience is the word. When they are giving away staterooms at a bargain price, the itinerary is good, and it is convenient I will cruise RCI. I will 'avoid' excursions sold my RCI, and I will spend as little as possible on board. I always buy the Platinum wine package, but the other stuff ... forget it. The days of walking around with RCCL stamped on my forehead are over. And all that RCCL logo merchandise ... it will not be worn in public again. Hmmm. Where can I get some Princess or Carnival shirts ... I wonder?;)

Oh ok I gotta ya Management over product. :)

Well I still have RCCL stamped on my forehead however I'm cruising on Carnival Liberty in the summer who knows I just might get Carnival stamped on my forehead too.

I have a big forehead enough room for a few cruiselines. :D;)

ah shucks, I'm still here at home. Both the Voyager and the Conquest came in a little over two hours late because of the bad weather we had here in Houston/Galveston area yesterday and heavy fog rolled in overnight. I just spoke to a friend of mine that works on the Voyager and she said it's a mad house at the pier right now trying to get off the ship and then of course, all of the backed up traffic of coming and going is something I'm not too thrilled about right now. Both ships are scheduled to depart later this afternoon but either way, I've got my mask and snorkle gear on and I'm ready to go!!!

You'll definitely save yourself some aggravation by not rushing down to the port... We had the same thing happen for our Voyager cruise last year and the port was a complete mess... There were also a lot of grumpy passengers and that's never any fun.

Have a great cruise! :) We'll see you when you get back.

Oh ok I gotta ya Management over product. :)

Well I still have RCCL stamped on my forehead however I'm cruising on Carnival Liberty in the summer who knows I just might get Carnival stamped on my forehead too.

I have a big forehead enough room for a few cruiselines. :D;)

Just try to remember that it is pointless to join the, "Waterslide and Rollercoaster Society", or whatever they call it at Carnival ... things change. If the 'entry fee' is anything more that five Wheaties box tops, it is clearly not worth it to go after that 'secret decoder ring'. We (some of us) have learned that 'corporate integrity' is an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

My sister and brother in law, who I "brought to RCCL", just cancelled their next RCCL cruise due to these changes. They were 'about' to enjoy their first cruise as Diamond (cubic zerconia) and they were really looking forward to the Concierge Lounge benefit. How do you say, "bye, bye"? If 'they' don't restore these 'benefits' that we were quite clealy "promised", many of their best customers are gone. Stockholders, sell your stock. This company has committed "sopuku". Right now, anyone who is "nice" enough to bring up the subject of cruising, gets an ear full of what a terrible company Royal Caribbean has become. I chase away at least one potential customer every two weeks or so. I cruise enough that my friends trust my opinion. And my opinion right now is that Royal Caribbean sucks! I will cruise RCI again, but they will never have me as a "cheerleader" again ... my friends and relatives have 'trusted' my opinion, and with my 'help' they have also gotten screwed!:mad:

Unfortunately someone who spends money with a company is not necessarily considered a good customer. If I were AG, I would probably seek you out and write you a very nice letter thanking you for your past business, and tell you how sorry we are for not being able to meet up to your expectations, with our recent changes. I would also let you know that our opinion would be that since we can't make you happy, we would rather you go elsewhere, send you your deposit back, and ask you to not ever book a RC, X, or Azamura cruise in the future, as we will not accept your $$.

Unfortunately someone who spends money with a company is not necessarily considered a good customer.

'Stockholm Syndrome' ... that's exactly how those 'captives' in that bank in Sweden felt about their captors. It is still working.

It sounds like an amazing time it about to occur for you. Enjoy every minute of it. Most of all, congratulations for being a "survivor".

Hi Ocean Boy,

Thank you for your support. :D

I intend to survive for a long time. I hope to "croak" on a cruise ship at age 95. I told my DH to just dump me overboard. :):cool:

Rednancy1,

It was also my mom's dream to visit Tahiti and the islands, which she was able to do and absolutely LOVED it!!! She was also a breast cancer survivor, so we celebrate with you! Congratulations. And here's to many more decades of continued good health:D.

Rednancy1,

It was also my mom's dream to visit Tahiti and the islands, which she was able to do and absolutely LOVED it!!! She was also a breast cancer survivor, so we celebrate with you! Congratulations. And here's to many more decades of continued good health:D.

Thank you so much.

I treasure all these posts of good wishes.

Cruisers are wonderful! :)

RedNancy, you will absolutely enjoy the PG. I have been a RCCL regular (19)for a number of years but once I went on PG and Regent I find it rather hard to go back. I am still booked on Oasis though.

I will be going on the PG for the fifth time this November. Let me know if you have any questions ( Regent board) and I will be happy to give you any tips.

jump ship and find one that appreciates your money and loyalty.

I hope and pray you ALL do !!! And hopefully soon! This "thread" is amazing ... it just never ends... weeks later it goes on and on! I have NEVER in my life seen grown adults act or behave this badly for a couple of perks. Even down to wishing bankruptcy !!! Are you people for real ???? RCCL did give you Diamonds something back and it STILL isn't enough... you'll never be satisfied will you .. ? Good Lord .. please find another cruise line .. ASAP .. and take all your misery with you . Maybe you'll even find a shoulder to cry on elsewhere and a sympathetic ear or two. Sorry .. but you won't be missed here !!

PS .. I can "almost" guarantee that MOST of you (no matter HOW MUCH you complain and carry on ) WILL remain with RCCL no matter what. You'll either stay OR return. Have a feeling RCCL knows that too !

RedNancy, you will absolutely enjoy the PG. I have been a RCCL regular (19)for a number of years but once I went on PG and Regent I find it rather hard to go back. I am still booked on Oasis though.

I will be going on the PG for the fifth time this November. Let me know if you have any questions ( Regent board) and I will be happy to give you any tips.

Nancy, I'm thrilled to hear that you are cancer free.

Enjoy that cruise girl, you certainly have earned it.

Mimi

Thank you all for you well wishes. :)

I am already packing for this Tahiti cruise. :)

I intend to live a long time.

Unfortunately someone who spends money with a company is not necessarily considered a good customer. ... send you your deposit back, and ask you to not ever book a RC, X, or Azamura cruise in the future, as we will not accept your $$.

Dog washing is a great time to contemplate since they don't have much to say.

I thought about your idea ... and I decided that if I were RCI, the last place in the world I would want my 'loyal' (albiet disgruntled) customers to go, would be aboard the competition ... where they will be rubbing shoulders with hundreds, indeed thousands of 'potential' customers. If I were AG for a day, I would be continuing the 'damage control' to try to retain, or retrieve, my customers before they take their displeasure into a 'sea' of potential RCI customers aboard the competition. After all, the people who dissauded me from cruising on certain other cruise lines that I will keep 'nameless', were aboard 'Royal' ... not the other cruise line. Sending your currently upset customers to the competition would be a bad way to 'air' your dirty laundry. The way that RCI is going to succeed in this market, is to attract customers away from the competition ... not send their 'loyal' customers over to 'them'.:rolleyes:

Dog washing is a great time to contemplate since they don't have much to say.

I thought about your idea ... and I decided that if I were RCI, the last place in the world I would want my 'loyal' (albiet disgruntled) customers to go, would be aboard the competition ... where they will be rubbing shoulders with hundreds, indeed thousands of 'potential' customers. If I were AG for a day, I would be continuing the 'damage control' to try to retain, or retrieve, my customers before they take their displeasure into a 'sea' of potential RCI customers aboard the competition. After all, the people who dissauded me from cruising on certain other cruise lines that I will keep 'nameless', were aboard 'Royal' ... not the other cruise line. Sending your currently upset customers to the competition would be a bad way to 'air' your dirty laundry. The way that RCI is going to succeed in this market, is to attract customers away from the competition ... not send their 'loyal' customers over to 'them'.:rolleyes:

Sealord,

I may not agree with your posts.....:o

but, I love the picture of the puppy. :)

Please tell us about her/him. :)

Our dogs are treated like royalty.

Our dogs are "they who must be petted":eek:

I agree that the compromise is better than before, but I am still a little sad. Our first Concierge experience was just last fall on the Explorer and we were so delighted. The lounge was seldom crowded and it was easy for my caffeine addicted husband to get a quick cup of coffee and for us to chat with others. I do not drink alcohol so it wasn't about that for me. I always got a much appreciated soda, but the atmosphere was relaxing and pleasant, so I'll miss it. I see that the new plan goes into effect Sept.1, so our Mariner of the Seas cruise on Sept. 27 will come shortly after the change. It will be interesting to see how it works out. I may post a feedback. I do resent that passengers abuse the rights of others by sneaking in people. They end up hurting everyone. Why is it so hard to respect rules? I might add that this will in no way discourage me from continuing a relationship with RCCL. They have always treated us wonderfully and I continue to recommend the Voyager class ships especially to friends since the very enjoyable Explorer cruise last September to Quebec. I'm glad that we, at least, have a compromise.

Archived