Interline Desk/Military documents ?

TakeMeAway1001

I booked a surprise cruise for DH the other night, this is my 6th and his 5th all with Carnival. We have utilized the military discount for I think all but one because the PG discount was actually better. When I booked they said they have his DD214 on file and we were all set to save $10 total. This savings wasn't a big deal but it was a savings none the less.

I managed to get the cruise/air/hotel all booked within the last few days and thought how nice it was that I just have to sit and wait and do my best to keep this a suprise. Well today I get an email from the interline desk stating I never sent in the documents and they will basically be removing the discount if they don't receive it by midnight tonight. I quickly called because I have never had to resend the info and now I am wondering how I can get a copy of his military ID or license and his DD214 without him knowing what I am doing.

I asked her why they no longer have the info and she said they do have it but because it was sent when he was actively deployed they need current papers, does anyone know if this is accurate info?

I just really don't want to blow the surprise and I know I will if I have to ask him where his paperwork is and if I can get a photo copy of his license and/or ID card.

I did say to the lady "well if I don't get it by tonight I guess I will just pay the $10 difference" and she said well it will be another $130 because you will be paying the past guest rate. I went on the site and booked early saver and it comes up with the $10 difference.

Has anyone else had to resend the military paper just because they are no longer deployed?

I've had to fax it to them each time. However, I made copies of both the DD214 and his license so I don't have to ask him to dig them out each time.

We have never had to so I wasn't prepared this time and really don't want to tell him but I don't know how else to get the info I need. Thanks for the tip I will surely use it for the next cruise :)

I just had to fax in a copy of my hubby's active duty ID. I keep a copy in the lockbox! :)

Originally I sent in his active duty orders and his expired license because that was all I had, his license expired while he was deployed.

I guess I just thought once the docs were rec'd we were all set, I should have been better prepared but didn't think they would ask for it since they haven't for the last few cruises. DH wasn't even deployed for the last one in Oct. Oh well, my bad! :)

Make a copy of your info if you have a scanner and keep it in the puter then you just attach it and send it when they ask again. I had to do this 3 times. Our PVP has it before we are off the phone. I keep telling her its not going to change and I want a upgrade to a suite. Well that never happened but I do it every time.

Make a copy of your info if you have a scanner and keep it in the puter then you just attach it and send it when they ask again. I had to do this 3 times. Our PVP has it before we are off the phone. I keep telling her its not going to change and I want a upgrade to a suite. Well that never happened but I do it every time.

Ask to speak with the PVP/TA supervisor on duty. He/she may be able to help you out or at least extend the time you have to fax it in. Good luck and thank you and your DH for your service to our country.

Ask to speak with the PVP/TA supervisor on duty. He/she may be able to help you out or at least extend the time you have to fax it in. Good luck and thank you and your DH for your service to our country.

I called and they said to email a copy of his passport and his DD214 which I found in a folder with his papers from a visit to the VA :)

All we had to do was fax a copy of the Front/back of his Military ID card and his drivers license (front and back).... thats all

My problem lied with this being a surprise and not wanting to ask him for either of those knowing he would figure it out. I was able however to get some info to them so hopefully we're all set :)

I booked a surprise cruise for DH the other night, this is my 6th and his 5th all with Carnival. We have utilized the military discount for I think all but one because the PG discount was actually better. When I booked they said they have his DD214 on file and we were all set to save $10 total. This savings wasn't a big deal but it was a savings none the less.

I managed to get the cruise/air/hotel all booked within the last few days and thought how nice it was that I just have to sit and wait and do my best to keep this a suprise. Well today I get an email from the interline desk stating I never sent in the documents and they will basically be removing the discount if they don't receive it by midnight tonight. I quickly called because I have never had to resend the info and now I am wondering how I can get a copy of his military ID or license and his DD214 without him knowing what I am doing.

I asked her why they no longer have the info and she said they do have it but because it was sent when he was actively deployed they need current papers, does anyone know if this is accurate info?

I just really don't want to blow the surprise and I know I will if I have to ask him where his paperwork is and if I can get a photo copy of his license and/or ID card.

I did say to the lady "well if I don't get it by tonight I guess I will just pay the $10 difference" and she said well it will be another $130 because you will be paying the past guest rate. I went on the site and booked early saver and it comes up with the $10 difference.

Has anyone else had to resend the military paper just because they are no longer deployed?

The paperwork you send is required to be current. That's the only way they can make sure he's eligible. Root around a little bit, maybe you'll find it. If not, you'll either have to break the surprise of pay the additional.....

Personally if you know for sure you are going, I would pay the extra $10 and have your booking changed to early saver. That is what we did. We paid an extra $4pp over military for early saver and so far I've gotten $60 in price adjustments.

Personally if you know for sure you are going, I would pay the extra $10 and have your booking changed to early saver. That is what we did. We paid an extra $4pp over military for early saver and so far I've gotten $60 in price adjustments.

I thought about it but when I asked about the $10 difference she was showing $130 and I wasn't going to pay that. I am just grateful that I was able to come up with something to satisfy their requirements :)

That's because she was quoting you past guest rate. You can call and switch to early saver if you want. We did with no problem although our PVP did try to talk us out of it because it has penalties for name change, cancellations etc. I assure him I am going and I want that rate and he switched me to it.

That's because she was quoting you past guest rate. You can call and switch to early saver if you want. We did with no problem although our PVP did try to talk us out of it because it has penalties for name change, cancellations etc. I assure him I am going and I want that rate and he switched me to it.

I wouldn't want to risk losing our deposit if DH were to get called up or we had to cancel for other reasons but it did cross my mind initially :)

I used the same PVP since my second cruise and they have kept it on file. Did you use a PVP or just book through the Carnival number?

The other thing, is your DH still in the service though he is not deployed? If so, his status with Carnival shouldn't have changed.

I've had to fax or email a copy of my ID everytime. When I asked they said that it was because I was active duty. I guess they don't want someone to get a dishonorable discharge and still try to get the military rate. She said after I was out and received a DD214 they would keep it on file.

We are cruising on our 4th Carnival cruise in October. Carnival confirmed that they had my husband's DD214 already on file (he has been retired from the military for 19 years so the DD214 will never change) but they still required him to fax it to them again for this cruise. They also did give us a deadline to do so or we would lose the military rate. We did what they asked and everything is fine. We also have another couple going with us and were able to get them the military rate too under the Military and Friends promotion.

• 5 years later...

We qualify for interline rate which is the same rate code as military and have completely quit using Carnival to book through.

In the past we would search Interline rate companies online then call our PPV and tell them the rate, sailing, cabin, etc.. There was never a problem having Carnival match the rate and we liked dealing directly with Carnival.

Something changed and Carnival no longer comes close to the Interline rate we can get online. It's hundreds of dollars apart.

I am not sure if there are companies out there for a military rate that someone can go through for better pricing but it might be worth looking at.

Vinnie

Edited by CruzVinnieCruz