Interline Desk/Military documents ?

TakeMeAway1001

We are cruising on our 4th Carnival cruise in October. Carnival confirmed that they had my husband's DD214 already on file (he has been retired from the military for 19 years so the DD214 will never change) but they still required him to fax it to them again for this cruise. They also did give us a deadline to do so or we would lose the military rate. We did what they asked and everything is fine. We also have another couple going with us and were able to get them the military rate too under the Military and Friends promotion.

I wonder if the procedure is different if you use the same PVP ?? Prior to my first cruise, I faxed my DD214 to my PVP. He sent it for approval and has kept it in my file so each time that I book using the Military Rate, it is documented.

In addition, the Military Friends & Family is a great promotion. You can book your cabin, plus up to 2 others on the same sailing, using your discount. Carnival usually offers this promotion in May and November.... in remembrance of Memorial and Veterans Day. It saved us a bundle when we sailed with my Son and his friend which were newbies.

Do you have name(s) of Interline rate companies?

this site prohibits any booking agent recommendation. Interline agents can be found with a google search. My experience is I usually get better rates late booking and getting, my onboard booking, agent and stockholder OBC's. So it's important to compare total costs.

Some interline rates also may not count toward loyalty status, another check to do perhaps.

this site prohibits any booking agent recommendation. Interline agents can be found with a google search. My experience is I usually get better rates late booking and getting, my onboard booking, agent and stockholder OBC's. So it's important to compare total costs.

Some interline rates also may not count toward loyalty status, another check to do perhaps.

I can only talk from experience as we did book late for our cruise this Sunday. We tried using our PVP and the price difference was $225 per person to what he could offer as the Interline rate.

Carnival allows the combing of promotions with the on board booking offer except for Interline Rates. Anytime we have inquired the response is the Interline rate is already an exceptional value so they do not allow it.

Also we have used at least three of the bigger Interline Rate companies and never had those bookings not apply toward loyalty status.

I am not sure what is allowed or not allowed using military rates but do know it's the same rate code.

Vinnie