Dream Christmas

Ventura

I had previously posted a message on this thread regarding the roll call for the December 19th sailing of the Dream which seems to have been removed by the Cruise Critic staff. I was somewhat taken aback by many of the responses which chastised me for commenting on the fact that this appeared to be a highjacked thread, and not in the spirit on a Cruise Critic roll call. I have participated in several roll calls over the past few years, and look forward to interacting with my fellow passengers on both a personal and cruise-oriented basis. We have connected with many cruise critic members once on board and I totally agree that half the fun of these boards is getting to know your fellow passengers before you even set foot on a ship.

It is unfortunate, that this particular roll call is limited to a few participants who seem only to be posting messages that could well be communicated through more personal channels as they all seem to know each other . In fact, this roll call has become a competition among its members to see who can get to the site first that day. I’ve been reluctant to join in on this roll call because I seems to me that it has become somewhat exclusive and not inviting to other participants. Frankly, I fail to understand why Cruise Critic has not intervened to ensure compliance with their guidelines. It’s great to have an active roll call, but this one has become a twitter site! If you don’t believe me, check it out. If you think I’m totally off base here, then so be it. I’ll have a wonderful cruise with my family whether or not I share my excitement with anyone else.

Frankly, I fail to understand why Cruise Critic has not intervened to ensure compliance with their guidelines. It’s great to have an active roll call, but this one has become a twitter site! If you don’t believe me, check it out. If you think I’m totally off base here, then so be it. I’ll have a wonderful cruise with my family whether or not I share my excitement with anyone else.

Could you post a link to the roll call guidelines?

Why not go over and at least try, how do you know what reaction you may or may not get. What do you have to lose??

After your comments on your last thread, I did check out the 12/19 roll call, and I am pretty amazed how it has "run away" from it's original intent. Can you start another roll call thread for Dec. 19th? I know it is frustrating to have something like this happen. We will be embarking as you debark - and our roll call has been very pleasant. Keep your good attitude of enjoying your family/cruise. If a roll call meet and greet is set up, go anyway - don't miss out on meeting some nice people. You can ignore those others who are playing fun and games. Maybe one of the hosts will check out that thread - it is pretty pathetic!

After your comments on your last thread, I did check out the 12/19 roll call, and I am pretty amazed how it has "run away" from it's original intent. Can you start another roll call thread for Dec. 19th? Maybe one of the hosts will check out that thread - it is pretty pathetic!

They have been combining multiple threads, so it just one per sailing.

I completely agree with the original poster. Have seen this happen on 1 or 2 of my roll calls and it just seems to take over, when people who obviously know each other or are related and use the roll site to converse each day. I agree the moderator should step in, especially when you aren't allowed to start another roll call for the same cruise. Just my pennies for thought.

Archived