Blue Lagoon Menu

Mstmp

I am sure this is posted somewhere - I did a search and cannot seem to find one. I have the menu for all the restaurants except this one. We are going on the Gem March 2010 I know it seems forever away but I am so excited. I know some things that the Blue Lagoon offers - my question is: What is the Menu? And are all the same items always available 24 hours.

Edited by Mstmp

I am sure this is posted somewhere - I did a search and cannot seem to find one. I have the menu for all the restaurants except this one. We are going on the Gem March 2010 I know it seems forever away but I am so excited. I know some things that the Blue Lagoon offers - my question is: What is the Menu? And are all the same items always available 24 hours.

Here's the last menu I saw from the Blue Lagoon:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2956427170101666721DDxTKd

Also a breakfast menu:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2531196980101666721LnlpLb

Here are the menus from the Jewel from last week. 250 is dinner, 813 is lunch and 814 is breakfast.

Of course after posting I realize that they're nearly unreadable. I'll try to get a webpage up shortly with bigger versions.

DSC_0813.jpg.35a7b76338166ea1e5df3621bcdd09f3.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg.9b3a5b4c269a9f2a36b4ca24fceeac27.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg.ed5228be03dca62fd2e277c914f91451.jpg

Edited by NCL_Norway_Veteran
Bad thumbnails

We were on the Gem last month, and wow, the fish n chips were fabulous!!

Wow thanks for posting the breakfast menu. We were on the Star and loved going to the Blue Lagoon. We didn't even think about them for breakfast though. Were they really busy then? We will have to give them a try for breakfast on the Dawn.

Blue Lagoon on the Dawn is great, much like the Star - for quick lunch, start off with their wonton soup (love the ginger in it, couldn't hurt with motion on sea days - extra pepper on your own) order 6 or 10 pc. hot wings (mild or spicy) - then it's a tough call between fish & chips or hot, juicy burger w. cheese added to the toppings. The chicken salad is fresh & crispy, just right for sharing with DH.

BL has the best all-around, piping hot coffee (unlike those lukewarm ones in the dining room) to go with their cheesecake. On the way back, take a fresh fruit or two - oh, we are ready for a nap to sleep all that off before the next course. No wonder by the time we hit the dining room, we are always looking at the "Cooking Light" menu selections of the day.

I have a question. Are the BL menus the same on all ships????

I'm asking as I remember my Dawn and Star cruises they were the same but on the POH it was different.

I'm sailing on the Pearl in a little over a month now and would love to know what menu will be at the BL.

Also I never realized that BL did breakfast, is it packed and hard to get in?

Thanks

Edited by judyf

Would like to hear more about breakfast in the BL. Is it crowded ? Is it a buffet or menu ? What do they have and is it good ? What time do they open ?

Look earlier in the thread at post #6. You'll find a link to the menu (it is not a buffet).

Blue Lagoon on the Dawn is great, much like the Star - for quick lunch, start off with their wonton soup (love the ginger in it, couldn't hurt with motion on sea days - extra pepper on your own) order 6 or 10 pc. hot wings (mild or spicy) - then it's a tough call between fish & chips or hot, juicy burger w. cheese added to the toppings. The chicken salad is fresh & crispy, just right for sharing with DH.

BL has the best all-around, piping hot coffee (unlike those lukewarm ones in the dining room) to go with their cheesecake. On the way back, take a fresh fruit or two - oh, we are ready for a nap to sleep all that off before the next course. No wonder by the time we hit the dining room, we are always looking at the "Cooking Light" menu selections of the day.

As much as the Blue Lagoon on the Dawn has some tasty menu items, (I like the soups) the room itself has all the atmosphere of a White Castle hamburger joint, and pretty much the same greasy hamburger odor in the air.

As much as the Blue Lagoon on the Dawn has some tasty menu items, (I like the soups) the room itself has all the atmosphere of a White Castle hamburger joint, and pretty much the same greasy hamburger odor in the air.

I agree, the location on the Dawn is not a good one. It's like a hallway that gets lots of traffic. I love the Tomatoe Soup.

Here are the menus from the Jewel from last week. 250 is dinner, 813 is lunch and 814 is breakfast.

Of course after posting I realize that they're nearly unreadable. I'll try to get a webpage up shortly with bigger versions.

Here's a link to a pdf file with all three Blue Lagoon menus (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner):

http://redheadbooks.com/NCL_Jewel_Docs/MenuLagoon.pdf

Food is pretty good in the Blue Lagoon (fish & chips is awesome - just make sure you ask for double as serving is very small). On the NCL Dawn and NCL Spirit Blue Lagoon is a "walk through" restaurant. Whereas on the NCL Jade it is more of a "sit down - diner type restauraunt". Hope this helps

Food is pretty good in the Blue Lagoon (fish & chips is awesome - just make sure you ask for double as serving is very small). On the NCL Dawn and NCL Spirit Blue Lagoon is a "walk through" restaurant. Whereas on the NCL Jade it is more of a "sit down - diner type restauraunt". Hope this helps

LOL that's the ships I have been to the Blue Lagoon on, also the Star if I remember correctly was a wlak through too.

How is it set up on the Pearl and the Jewel?

Also is there BLD at all of them? On all ships?

Thanks

Have been on the Star twice and totally loved the Blue Lagoon. It is kind of an awkward set up though with the food preparation area and cases on one side of the walkway and the tables and chairs on the other side. But it works. Loved going through there in the afternoon and helping ourselves to the big cookies every day! But the best part about the Blue Lagoon in my opinion is the Olde English Style Fish and Chips!

On the Spirit it is an even stranger set up, and not much seating. And on the Spirit they didn't serve the fish and chips except during "At Sea" days and then they were served in Henry's Pub. Not the most ideal setting there either but I'd do a lot to get those fish and chips! :D

Looking forward to being on the Pearl and experiencing the Blue Lagoon there for the first time. I always order the fish and chips but several of the other items look really, very tempting!

When I was on the Jewel in March we ate breakfast almost every Morning in the Blue Lagoon, it was a nice change of pace from the buffet. I liked it better.

In the Afternoon they added Potato Skins & Mozzerella sticks to the Menu which were delicious...but during dinner they were not on the menu.

Thanks for posting the menus folks! The food looks incredible and I can't wait for the Spirit in a few weeks!! :D

The only time I ever ate in the Blue Lagoon was on the Atlantis charter at 4AM back in 2003!! LOL. It was a neat place. Hope to try it again on this cruise.

Edited by CruisinMaterial

• 9 years later...