Old Newspapers

Cattie

I've been told by many, we can get past dated Royal Gazette's in Hamilton. Can any of the locals let me know how and where to go about this? We really want a few copies of the paper our banns of marriage are in.

Thanks!!

You could email the Royal Gazette and ask.

http://www.theroyalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/index.jsp

I think you may be able to get fairly recent back copies at their offices which are at the north end of Par La Ville Street - a five minute walk from the Hamilton ferry terminal. Turn left out of the terminal, take the first right at the traffic lights and keep going straight, past the next traffic lights and the gas station, and it's on your left before the roundabout.

That sort of thing goes into the official gazette, which in Bermuda is the Bermuda Sun. This is where you find all the notices of winding up of companies, trademark registration and marriage thingies. Their offices are behind Gosling's warehouse (YES!) and nearly next door Augustus funeral home (NO!)

www.bermudasun.bm

That sort of thing goes into the official gazette, which in Bermuda is the Bermuda Sun. This is where you find all the notices of winding up of companies, trademark registration and marriage thingies. Their offices are behind Gosling's warehouse (YES!) and nearly next door Augustus funeral home (NO!)

www.bermudasun.bm

Ah yes! I keep forgetting that Government has a vendetta against the Gazette and will only use the Sun, which I never buy because it's a complete waste of money.

www.bermudasun.bm

You are the best!! Now to just wait and see when ours will be in there!

I'm guessing the offices are in Hamilton?

Thanks again!!

Archived