Pardon me for sounding like a glutton.

SJChaput

Oh lord I didn't even know there were calzones!!!

LOVE EM.

I am not quitting my healthy lifestyle... I am putting it on hold for a week.

You can have both a healthy lifestyle and enjoy eating. I actually lost weight last cruise - even with lots of beer and eating all I wanted. I favored spa selections, lean meats and seafood, and avoided anything fried for the most part.

Keep up with your exercise, but really it will have little impact if you are gorging yourself (not saying you are). Bottom line is you really can enjoy fine dining and don't have to gain weight doing it.

To answer your original question, you can pretty much order the entire menu, and even go off the menu if you are that hungry. On previous cruises, they would automatically bring me a 2nd entree of something I didn't order "just in case" I was still hungry.:eek: Now on THAT cruise I packed on a few pounds. :o

If this is really your goal (I'm not advocating it, but it's up to you), then I recommend you take a week or two before your cruise and stretch your stomach by eating more.

I took a cruise after dieting for a couple of months. I ate one item from each course (at most) and found myself so full that I was miserable. If you are hoping to eat multiples from each course, you could wind up in real discomfort!

Dont forget, and I say this with all seriousness, if you are not used to eating a lot or eating the foods that are served, you could spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

Also bring pepto bismol.

Your body has gotten used to the changes in eating habit and it will throw your whole system off if you jump in with both feet.

Good point Drew.

If this is really your goal (I'm not advocating it, but it's up to you), then I recommend you take a week or two before your cruise and stretch your stomach by eating more.

I took a cruise after dieting for a couple of months. I ate one item from each course (at most) and found myself so full that I was miserable. If you are hoping to eat multiples from each course, you could wind up in real discomfort!

Dont forget' date=' and I say this with all seriousness, if you are not used to eating a lot or eating the foods that are served, you could spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

Also bring pepto bismol.

Your body has gotten used to the changes in eating habit and it will throw your whole system off if you jump in with both feet.

Good point Drew.[/quote']

Good lord you guys are making me nauseated:eek: I have an idea........op just eat what you want only when you are hungry;)

Yea I don't plan on making myself sick... But I am looking forward to eating all the things that I can't eat now... Having it all inclusive without me having to pay any extra is an added delight for me. I am not saying I will be eating 3 appetizers and two entrees, but I was curious to know what I could do if I so chose.

I want Pizza and fries MmMmmMmmm

Yea I don't plan on making myself sick... But I am looking forward to eating all the things that I can't eat now... Having it all inclusive without me having to pay any extra is an added delight for me. I am not saying I will be eating 3 appetizers and two entrees, but I was curious to know what I could do if I so chose.

I want Pizza and fries MmMmmMmmm

I would definitely take some stomach medication with you. several years back i cut out all fried foods, and pizza, and things of the sort, the moment i started trying to reintroduce them into my diet (even with really small portions) they really took a toll on my stomach.

I found if i had a pepto tab a little beforehand, i was fine.

I was thinking the same thing last year after dieting for ages. How nice it would be to eat whatever I wanted, when I wanted. Know what? All that food that you thought use to taste so good, doesn't taste so good anymore after you've been without it a long time, especially sweet things. To me the chocolate melting cake was horrible as were most of the desserts. I did like the soft serve ice cream. Didn't like the pizza or any of other greasy things. Favorite dish turned out to be chicken parm.

Don't go "hog wild", just because you're on a cruise! If you gain, you will swell up those fat cells that you've worked so hard to reduce! And it will be even HARDER next time, to shrink them again!

Don't deny a taste or two of what you like, but don't pig out!

Good luck!

I am a fluffy woman but in excellent health. I would eat a banana about 1/2 an hour before supper to take the edge off. I tried all sorts of different things and sometimes overdid it. The pizza thing is yes you can get 4 pieces but there are usually lots of people behind you, get two and you can always go back - you may find that by the time you get through two you are full and will waste the other two. My favourite pizza is: feta cheese, black olives, purple onion and wild mushroom - it was to die for - they use to have to make it special now it seems like a lot of people want it. Go to FAQ and bring up the menu and you can see what all is being offered. Have a great cruise and congrats on the weight loss.

When the kids and I cruised, we came up with a "plan". All of us got to order whatever we wanted / liked , but in addition to that we had to order something we had never tried / was different. For example, one night my daughter ordered the fried shrimp and the lamb chops ( along with 2 appetizers and 2 soups and 2 desserts......don't 'ya just love it??????......:) ) She didn't care too much for the lambchops, so we switched / shared. Now, some might think that odd or a breach in "fine dining etiquette", but whatever you think, it was a blast !! ( the other people at our table even stated " well....why didn't we do that?"....they did the rest of the cruise.It was like a buffet in the dining room and we all had the chance to sample a lot of dishes. The wait staff even got a kick out of it and the maitre'd even commented / asked how we enjoyed the "variety". I think it made them happy to see us enjoying our food so much ( at least that was my impression ).

As far as the weight loss....congratulations, but do take heed and be careful overindulging just because you can............could make for a miserable time......;)

Eat eat it all it is all good. They will bring you what you want when you want it. Eat before and after dinner. Then you can eat a late snack. Wake up to room service then go to breakfast. EAT BABY EAT, and just enjoy you only live once.

Just order what you want from the dining room menu. I never bother worring if it is an appatizer, salad, or whatever. If I like it, I order it.

You can get a whole pizza if you want. If you do not like what is being offered, they will make you one like you want it.

Then there is room service. Order what you want. No matter what I order, I always add the cookies and eat them later.

Try to stick to the stairs and avoid elevators. any little thing to help keep the extra calories at bay.After being on a diet of what you call repetative menus, your body is going to hold onto food, you will gain weight.Just have a little restraint and drink lots of water.Have fun.

Ironic as it is, I am like the op. Dropping weight with an upcoming cruise. My kids will take pics of me in my speedo(sic) and then 2 days into the cruise, in my Bermuda shorts. I just hope I don't look out of place on the jogging track with a beer in one hand and a slice of pizza in the other.

I have been dieting and exercising for a year or so now and lost 30lbs... I am now about 15lbs from my goal and am really looking great... Now since I have denied myself for so long I am going to go NUTS on the ship (first time on a cruise)

How does the dining room work, with a table for two do we get a choice of ONE appetizer, two entrees and two desserts or can we each get an appetizer?

The lido deck grill and pizza stations... can I go up and get like several (4 or more) slices of pizza at a time or is there a limit to how much you can get at once.

Denying myself for so long I am really looking forward to getting my eat on :D

I am with you, I lost 43 pounds over 14 months and started an excercise routine and really looked forward to my cruise and eating whatever the heck I wanted. I spend all year eating healthy and yes, its boring and it stinks for those of us who enjoy eating. Order what you want in the DR, the only time I ordered two entrees was on formal night, lobster and prime rib, but my DH ordered two entrees almost everynight, I usually had two apps, a salad and an appetizer.

What I did, instead of eating everything on the plate, I tasted a little of everything, and didnt force msyelf to finish. I worked out daily in the AM and I still gained, but it does come off quickly once you get back to dieting again, which of course becomes a way of life, not a diet anymore, so go ahead and splurge, thats what vacation is for...the food is too good to pass up when its being cooked for you and served to boot! Eating healthy will always be there and how often do you get to cruise? I am back to my eating healthy habit, 6 more pounds to go until I reach my goal and another cruise to look forward to. Then it will be a routine to maintain. Congrats to you and keep up the good work!

Oh lord I didn't even know there were calzones!!!

LOVE EM.

I am not quitting my healthy lifestyle... I am putting it on hold for a week.

You don't have to, just take the stairs all week and not the elevator.

And try to get to the gym or to the track when you are there.

You should be careful about going hog wild because some of that 30lbs will come back and come back very fast. Your body is used to consuming less and if you start to consume more the weight comes back faster.

You always have the option of a brisk walk or an hour in the gym each day to help burn off the excess calories.

Then again, if you want to indulge, do so!!!

As far as the dining room goes, if you want two appetizers order two, if you want two lobster dinners, order two, and the same goes for warm chocolate melting cake--indulge, order THREE!!!!!!! Better yet, the Lido restaurant on the Valor offered warn chocolate melting cake!!!!!

Have fun!!!!

:D I hear great things about that chocolate melting cake...

It is in the buffet corerct? What makes it so delicious?

Ahh, the chocolate melting cake.

I am not fond of it, kind of like an undercooked brownie to me, but...

here is the painful part...

...it is 17 weight watcher points...per serving.:eek:

Not including the side of ice cream that comes with it.

Tum, Tum, Tum Tum, TUMS

tums-sugarfree.jpg :D

LOL! I'm not even talking about an upset tummy, though. I am saying that the sheer VOLUME of food was too much. I found that I had to take shallow breaths for several hours after a meal because I was so full that lung capacity was being displaced or something...

Ahh, the chocolate melting cake.

I am not fond of it, kind of like an undercooked brownie to me, but...

here is the painful part...

...it is 17 weight watcher points...per serving.:eek:

Not including the side of ice cream that comes with it.

:eek:

Congrat on the weight loss!!

One way you can not make a glutton of yourself is to only order one app, one entree, one dessert at a time and then if you want another one ask for it.

===================================================

I think you will need to order all you want at one time. The dining room staff have a time limit to serve you and want you to order all you want up front.

I always order atleast 2-3 appetizers.. Love the soups/pasta appetizers. And they are really small portions. Sounds like a lot of food but they are small portions.,.Then I normally order two entrees and one dessert. My husband will share my second entree with me but I always want to try different things and this is the way to do it.

Just order what you want at the beginning of the meal...Makes it much easier on the waiters.

There was a link here that had nothing but pictures of the dining room food. It made me so hungry to see those pictures. Maybe someone here knows where the link is..

Congrats on the weight loss. I lose weight every spring for my cruise and then gain it all back throughout the year. It is soooo hard to lose but fun to gain.. and so unhealthy to do so.. I am the Queen of unhealthy eating...

Have fun on your cruise and do not feel guilty for eating all you want. No one should judge you for wanting to enjoy yourself... and you will be able to take it all back off again. So enjoy yourself....

Carla

Archived