redeeming points on Visa Card

I have read on these boards that when you want to cash in your points to call up the credit card company and they will send you your vouchers and then you check off what kind of reward you want and mail it in to Royal Caribbean. Now someone told me that when you get your vouchers you do not have to mail them in that you should just bring it with you on the ship and go to the purser's desk and request shipboard credit at that time. Can it be done this way too? It sounds much easier than having to send it in.

I haven't heard anything about taking vouchers with you on the ship. I would call RCI to verify this, and if you have time I would still mail them in. The turnaround time on the whole process for me was about 20 days.

If you do talk to RCI and get any new information on this, please let us know.

By the way, the most confusion according to many posters is with MBNA. The have so many cards and the RCI card is pretty new. If the rep you get sounds real confused I would hang up & try again.

Good Luck!! :)

I just got my reward points and called rci with questions since it said you needed to send in before final payment which i did when we booked! The guy said to send them in but you need at least 2-3 weeks before your sailing to have them processed by rci! i told him i had 6 weeks until we left and he wasnt sure if we would get it done! I took it that day to the PO so we will see if we get them i have my letters but not much hope for getting it. If i do i will be happy as we are using the on board credit.

Thanks for this info--we are sailing in March and planning to call for our vouchers tommorrow- Final payment for us is next week & no one ever said they needed to be sent in at that time--I sure hope this won't be a problem...

Guess we will have to call Royal before we call MBNA If we are stuck with them they will expire in 6 months from what I was led to understand & what a waste that will be....

Man it all sounds confusing to me:confused: Hope we get some clarification soon, as I am approaching 15,000 points and want to use them on my 4/24/05 sailing. I plan on requesting certificate after the first of year and then doing whatever it says to do. Please keep us posted and I will do the same should I find anything out.

Vouchers for gifts and $50 onboard credits must be received by RCL C&A in Wichita KS by 5 business days before the cruise. They do not have to be redeemed before final payment or sent to your TA.

The other awards, stateroom upgrades, free cruises, companion discounts, etc. have "final payments" conditions.

Too many details to post here. Go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do;jsessionid=0000sGS5VraIwbtDtE1DHXANinV:vnkcfnbg

for all the fine print.

Book the 9 day cruise and then get 9 $150.00 coupons to defray the cost of the cruise. Your TA may discount some of the awards, so I wsould book directly with RCI. I have currently $550 of onboard credit for Jan. 05 cruise. From asking for coupons to having them credited to your account is four weeks max from my experience. Just recently got the Celebrity card which has travel awards also. Hope this helps.

Doing that would give you $1350, but using 125,000 points would give you each a $1000 cruise, adding up to $2000. It seems a shame to miss out on the extra value, and makes the credit card no more valuable than the usual card that gives you 1% of the value of the points.

I would call RCCL and see if you can get the $2000 credit toward a longer cruise.

I am wondering if anyone has redeemed more than ONE $50.00 coupon for a single cruise. I read somewhere that you are limited to one coupon per category per sailing. Anyone know for sure?
We've redeemed and applied 8 for our January cruise.....getting ready to request a few more. I wouldn't apply more than you think you are going to spend.....not certain how left over funds are handled?

I am wondering if anyone has redeemed more than ONE $50.00 coupon for a single cruise. I read somewhere that you are limited to one coupon per category per sailing. Anyone know for sure?

I'm using one $150 coupon for onboard credit on my upcoming Mariner cruise in lieu of three $50 coupons. There is no limit. Why would there be?

Great news. I just read something somewhere that caused me to think otherwise. We used only one $50 on last cruise--combined with other incentives. I see that both previous posters have not yet taken their cruises....have you verified somehow that you already have this credit?

Just wondering.

I just cashed in 50,000 points to use for 10 - $50 credits on board and an additional one worth 15,000 points towards the grand romance pkg. I called RCCL and verified that they had received the credits. Can't wait to use them on the MOAGC in less than 5 weeks!

Archived